Allman Brothers videos

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
masbama
(@masbama)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I am always perplexed by the lack of professionally shot video of the ABB in the 1969-1976 period. Other than the flawed public tv performance, the 1972 In Concert and the 1973 Macon one there is not much out there. One can scan You Tube and find plenty of professionally shot video of lesser known bands from the late 60’s and early 70’s. One would think, especially after Duane’s death and the superstar status after B&S that video cameras would be rolling all the time. 

Posted : May 15, 2021 1:11 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

And whoever controls the professionally shot Atlanta Pop Festival doesn't want anybody to see it. 

I've heard it's not sound on film but it can easily be matched up as the same shows were recorded. That is how the Atlanta Pop Festival CD came to be. 

We know how it sounded but I want to see Duane Allman with that GREEN medicine bottle on his finger. 

Supposedly the two entities can't agree on how to split the money. 

What money? Wait until most of us have passed away and there are 3 people left that would pay the $100 dollars or so for the DVDs !!!

Posted : May 15, 2021 2:32 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Phil Walden and Capricorn Records apparently didn't control the Atlanta Pop Festival recordings. 

I remember when it was released in 1971 and I think it was Columbia Records release.  I bought it. It was a Various Artists record captured live at the Atlanta Pop Festival. The film part must have been thoughts of having another Woodstock type of release but it didn't happen. 

Maybe I can find my copy in the garage but if I remember correctly just Statesboro Blues and Whipping Post is all they used from the Allman Brothers. The ABB played twice that weekend. 

Posted : May 15, 2021 2:39 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I want to see all of it!! 

Posted : May 15, 2021 2:52 pm
Share: