The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Happy Birthday Wavy Gravy

robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Wavy Gravy (Hugh Romney, Jr.) is 85 years old today.  Most of you will remember him from running the Hog Farm which fed the masses @ Woodstock.

A cultural icon, yes, but maybe just a little bit out there for my taste.  His son was born in 1971 and Wavy named him, "Howdy Do-Good Gravy Tomahawk Truckstop Romney".  As soon as he was old enough to do so, Howdy changed his name to Jordan Romney.  Who wouldn't change their name??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavy_Gravy

This topic was modified 1 month ago by robslob
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 12:45 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

That is worse than the boy named Sue! 

But Happy Birthday you old goat!! Bet he supplies the Vienna Sausage people. Snouts, Lips and Tails all pressed into a neat little yummy sausage. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 2:45 pm
robslob liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I think this is might be the last day you can watch this.

https://www.seva.org/site/R?i=yKEK2K5wVszurJtiTEsNbA

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 8:53 am
robslob liked
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

@lee. Thank you Lee. I enjoyed the video on this Sunday morning. The Bob Weir song was delightful. Horns and upright bass. Really reminded me of something by Chicago. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 9:36 am
dzobo
(@dzobo)
Extreme Peach

Mr. Gravy also founded (with several others) the Seva Foundation an international organization that brings sight restoration programs to under-served communities.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 12:18 pm
robslob liked
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

This is an unusual band and sound but I like it. Sending this Grateful Dead fan Wavy Gravy some new music for his birthday 🎂🎉

This post was modified 1 month ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 10:06 pm
robslob liked
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Part acid test music, part jazzy jamband stuff - haven’t liked a vid so much in ages - people of all ages liking it so much - then at the end the band members departing in silence

Wavy Gravy would have adored this - it shows why music is for the betterment of the human race - really special, thanks for that🤙

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 8:55 am
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

@robertdee:  I agree with Stephen, nice video.  Dick Dale meets Third World rhythms?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 10:04 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

FYI, they extended the viewing through May 24th so you can still watch it for free for a few more days.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 11:03 am
robslob liked
Share: