Happy Birthday Wavy Gravy

9 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Wavy Gravy (Hugh Romney, Jr.) is 85 years old today.  Most of you will remember him from running the Hog Farm which fed the masses @ Woodstock.

A cultural icon, yes, but maybe just a little bit out there for my taste.  His son was born in 1971 and Wavy named him, "Howdy Do-Good Gravy Tomahawk Truckstop Romney".  As soon as he was old enough to do so, Howdy changed his name to Jordan Romney.  Who wouldn't change their name??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavy_Gravy

This topic was modified 3 years ago by robslob

Posted : May 15, 2021 12:45 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

That is worse than the boy named Sue! 

But Happy Birthday you old goat!! Bet he supplies the Vienna Sausage people. Snouts, Lips and Tails all pressed into a neat little yummy sausage. 

Posted : May 15, 2021 2:45 pm
robslob reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I think this is might be the last day you can watch this.

https://www.seva.org/site/R?i=yKEK2K5wVszurJtiTEsNbA

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : May 16, 2021 8:53 am
robslob reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee. Thank you Lee. I enjoyed the video on this Sunday morning. The Bob Weir song was delightful. Horns and upright bass. Really reminded me of something by Chicago. 

Posted : May 16, 2021 9:36 am
dzobo
(@dzobo)
Reputable Member

Mr. Gravy also founded (with several others) the Seva Foundation an international organization that brings sight restoration programs to under-served communities.

Posted : May 16, 2021 12:18 pm
robslob reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

This is an unusual band and sound but I like it. Sending this Grateful Dead fan Wavy Gravy some new music for his birthday 🎂🎉

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : May 18, 2021 10:06 pm
robslob reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Part acid test music, part jazzy jamband stuff - haven’t liked a vid so much in ages - people of all ages liking it so much - then at the end the band members departing in silence

Wavy Gravy would have adored this - it shows why music is for the betterment of the human race - really special, thanks for that🤙

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : May 19, 2021 8:55 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@robertdee:  I agree with Stephen, nice video.  Dick Dale meets Third World rhythms?

Posted : May 19, 2021 10:04 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

FYI, they extended the viewing through May 24th so you can still watch it for free for a few more days.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : May 19, 2021 11:03 am
robslob reacted
Share: