Clear all

instant live cds

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
issufre
(@issufre)
Topic starter

hey has anyone else listened to the instant lives for mon and tues I just got off the plane today and got to my car at the airport, was ready to jam and oh my god the sound is horrible. I was at both shows, now granted I was full tilt loaded both nights and live the shows were great but all the levels on the instant lives cds were totally jacked up. The guitars are so bright they drown out everything you cant hear the drums hardly at all, every now and then you can hear a bass line

I know there has to be better recordings, I hope they make these right, I know guys of this quality cant go out with this caliber recording. Ive been a fan my whole life, and cant even hardly listen to these cds.

[Edited on 10/30/2014 by issufre]

Posted : October 30, 2014 12:51 pm
Brosicle
(@brosicle)
Trusted Member

Welp, that would explain why they are not yet available for download via ABB Live / Munck

[Edited on 10/30/2014 by Brosicle]

Posted : October 30, 2014 12:56 pm
jeneil
(@jeneil)

Dude, that sucks. We all need to be careful when ordering.

Posted : October 30, 2014 6:47 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

The problem is probably with the discs. Email their customer service and ask for help. I needed them to replace a show in March because two of the tracks had flaws. They didn't get back to me for a week but when they did they were very helpful. They let me download a new copy of the show to replace the defective one and gave me a second show as a way of apologizing for the delay.

Btw, the 27th has been available for download for a few days and they put the 28th up tonight.

[Edited on 10/31/2014 by Marley]

Posted : October 30, 2014 7:15 pm
wease
(@wease)
Trusted Member

The problem is probably with the discs. Email their customer service and ask for help. I needed them to replace a show in March because two of the tracks had flaws. They didn't get back to me for a week but when they did they were very helpful. They let me download a new copy of the show to replace the defective one and gave me a second show as a way of apologizing for the delay.

Exact same thing happened to me. Although, they didn't give me a reason for the extra disc. Great customer service.

Posted : October 31, 2014 8:31 am
applenut
(@applenut)

It does sound pretty awful.

My disc 1 and 2 have awful clicking on the last tracks of each disc.

Posted : October 31, 2014 12:29 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

thats why ive been saying for years---not to buy the CDs at the show but to wait for the download....

for a few reasons-----if there are errors on disc---their customer service is horrible...

along with the fact that they remix the shows afterwards to put up for download......

it just surprises me how many people wait in line each night to get dupped by this company....

Posted : October 31, 2014 12:35 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

Exact same thing happened to me. Although, they didn't give me a reason for the extra disc. Great customer service.

Probably one reason that they are slow is timing: the Beacon has to be the busiest time of their year and they are not a large operation (their website lists six employees). So I needed assistance at the time they were the most overwhelmed. It's the same thing this month. If you're having a problem, get in touch with them and ask more than once if necessary. In time I think they'll help.

[Edited on 10/31/2014 by Marley]

Posted : October 31, 2014 12:36 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

it took me close to 2 years to get them to replace the flawed discs i had------and that was after a summer tour........

Posted : October 31, 2014 12:41 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

I actually had a previous problem that they never helped me with. I'd just recommend doing what I did: email about once a week if necessary and mention that you've emailed before.

Posted : October 31, 2014 12:50 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

i emailed countless times-----and even talked to the owner of munch in person at chastain park who assured me they would take care of it....

they did---but not after another round of emails to them......

what really go me was that, talking to them in person, explaining that i never heard back from them after many emails----they looked at me and said "did you check all your email folders?"

i looked back at them and gave them the "do i look like a moron?" response to them........

its just a shame...

they could be so much better of a company if they had good customer service.....

along with not duping the paying customers that they get at the shows.....

Posted : October 31, 2014 1:05 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

There's nothing wrong with that question. That kind of thing happens all the time. I agree there's no good reason to get a download at a show- and I'll stick to that if they wind up working with other bands I see. The customer service could be faster, but they have six people and I know not how many orders to fill.

Posted : October 31, 2014 1:27 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

There's nothing wrong with that question. That kind of thing happens all the time.

except they were trying to place the blame on me......

and for customer service----thats not how one handles things.......

Posted : October 31, 2014 1:29 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

There's nothing wrong with that question. That kind of thing happens all the time.

except they were trying to place the blame on me......

They were asking a sensible question because that happens all the time. It's not a fault thing. It's just something that happens with emails from companies. MM isn't perfect and it shouldn't have taken them as long as it did for them to help you, but you sound like you're determined to be offended, so I'll quit here.

Posted : October 31, 2014 1:46 pm
Susie-Q
(@susie-q)

My cd has the same problem as applenut 🙁

My disc 1 and 2 have awful clicking on the last tracks of each disc

I also noticed that you get 4 cds when you buy Oct. 28th online, but the one I purchased at The Beacon has 3 cd's.

[Edited on 11/3/2014 by Susie-Q]

Posted : November 2, 2014 11:39 pm
Share: