The Allman Brothers Band
Last night songs th...

Notifications
Clear all

Last night songs that Duanes Les Pauls were used on?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
EdA
 EdA
(@eda)
Topic starter

Anybody out there make note of when Duanes Les Pauls were used and on which songs on the final night? As a guitar geek and lover of Duane when I get the live CDs I would like to know where they were used... Any help is much appreciated!

Posted : October 30, 2014 1:04 pm
MikeZlotnicki
(@mikezlotnicki)
Eminent Member

Excellent question.

Posted : October 30, 2014 3:57 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

according to Roland's thread, One Way Out, Schoolgirl, and Midnight Rider.

got the munck sbd d/l, I think you can hear the difference between the LP and SG, even if you didn't know

Posted : October 31, 2014 3:43 pm
patflynn
(@patflynn)

It looks like Derek was playing Duane's Gold top LP on the last song - Trouble No More. Check it out on You Tube.

Posted : October 31, 2014 4:59 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

The tone on the guitar is definitely different from Derek's SG, so it's not that hard to pick out if you're able to key into that. I'll try to do that later - for the most part I think he used it on classic ABB stuff and played slide on it, so I'm sure he used it on Statesboro and some others.

Posted : November 1, 2014 8:01 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

I just started set 2, agree that Statesboro sounds like the LP

Posted : November 1, 2014 9:53 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Derek's play is unique sounding. So if you hear something you know is him, but sounds a little more like Warren than that would be the Les Paul.

Posted : November 1, 2014 10:19 am
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

Should emphasize that I'm only talking about Derek playing Duane's 1957 Goldtop. I'm not sure which of them used the other guitars or on what songs. I think I hear the goldtop on One Way Out, Good Morning Little School Girl, Statesboro Blues, Don't Keep Me Wonderin', Revival, and Trouble No More. There's a lot of video from this show on YouTube that backs that up.

[Edited on 11/1/2014 by Marley]

Posted : November 1, 2014 12:09 pm
Share: