Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ron-wood-faces-new-music/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : July 19, 2021 8:12 pm
harvey reacted
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

I've always like listening to the Faces and look forward to what they have in store for this time around. You just can't go wrong with old time Rock N Roll.

Thanks @Jazfunk for posting.....

Posted : July 22, 2021 10:34 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@rcgp2020 I remember buying "A Nod Is As Good As A Wink From A Blind Horse" by the Faces and Rod Stewart had an album to come out about the same time. Wasn't it "Every Picture Tells A Story"? 

Anyway I bought both and they were the same band on both if I remember right. The Faces album had Ronnie Lane singing lead on a couple of songs and the rest had Rod Stewart and of course Rod sang all of them on his solo album. It was fun to play them back to back at a party. Most people thought it was one album with 2 discs. 

Update! I just checked Every Picture Tells A Story. The members of the Faces in 1971 appear on Rod's album but not on every track. Ronnie Wood co-wrote a song and Ronnie Lane sings back up on a track and plays bass here and there. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : July 23, 2021 9:28 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I bought this single in 1967. I was 21 years old. It was on the radio often. It was a huge hit. Found out later Steve Marriott is the lead singer and Ronnie Lane sings additional vocals. Steve is on guitar and Ronnie is on bass. 

Steve Marriott went on to form Humble Pie. I saw them live twice. Good band. I think Steve was drunk and snorted cocaine plus took some Valium for flight fright. He had just flown from New York to London and went to eat in London, consumed a lot of liquor then went home, lit a cigarette, suffering from jet lag, fell asleep immediately and set his place on fire and died at something like age 41. Sad ending for a great singer and guitarist. Rod Stewart and Paul Rogers both said he was one of the best UK singers of rock music. 

Here he is singing lead and Ronnie Lane on bass also singing. This was a big hit in 1967. 

Posted : July 23, 2021 9:57 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

This was a great group back in the day.

I recently read Kenny Jones Bio. Great piece to read that takes you on the journey of how the group actually got it's start.

Ronnie Lane left us way too soon, and the music world is not the same with-out Steve Marriott either in my opinion. I spun that 45 until I wore it out. What a tune!, I would have been a mere 8 years old back then. How the times changed..

Posted : July 24, 2021 10:22 am
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

thats news i didn't expect for sure

Posted : July 24, 2021 2:24 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Ron Wood sings this one! Ooh La La!! 

Posted : July 26, 2021 8:55 am
matt05 and Rusty reacted
redhouse1969
(@redhouse1969)
Reputable Member

my take away from the article is that he and Mick Taylor did a tribute album to Jimmy Reed... sign me up!

Posted : July 26, 2021 11:12 am
Share: