Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-tattoo-you-box-new-tracks/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : July 19, 2021 8:15 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Very interesting. I wonder if they are BRAND new or if, as the Stones did on the Exile Deluxe re-release extravaganza, they are taking unfinished tracks and adding to them.

The Exile ones were interesting. We knew a lot of those unfinished tracks from bootlegs. 

Posted : July 20, 2021 11:02 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@jimsheridan Wasn't "Tattoo You" all unfinished tracks from sessions over a 10 plus year period? They finished up all those tracks and the album sold over 4 million copies in the US! They just couldn't do no wrong.  

Waiting For A Friend is one of my absolute favorite Stones songs. Very nice song. 

This is a great song from the Stones. Amazing it lay unfinished for many years.  

Also that wasn't much of a crowd the Rolling Stones attracted to that little bar they were playing in that night. 

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : July 20, 2021 11:18 am
matt05 reacted
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Yes, "Tattoo You" was a leftovers album. They polished up demos and leftovers. Apparently, "Start Me Up" had started as a reggae song.

Mick Taylor, who had been out of the band for 6 or 7 years, was on 2 tracks since they were that old. 

On the "Exile" re-release, since Jagger was adding vocals onto 30-year-old tracks, you could certainly hear the difference between 1970s vocals and the new additions.  

Posted : July 20, 2021 11:21 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

Totally agree about “Waiting On A Friend.”  I love this song and the video was always on MTV in the early years when MTV actually played videos....

Posted : July 20, 2021 11:24 am
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

can't wait to get this

Posted : July 20, 2021 8:22 pm
Share: