The Allman Brothers Band
TALKING ABOUT TWIGG...

Notifications
Clear all

TALKING ABOUT TWIGGS LYNDON: A Conversation With John & A.J. Lyndon, Part 1 and 2

6 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
allmansrvvegas
(@allmansrvvegas)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This topic was modified 3 years ago by allmansrvvegas

Posted : July 19, 2021 1:19 am
pixielf and Rusty reacted
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

What an awesome story.

It's great to hear how Twiggs got into the music business from his early days with Little Richard and Otis Redding and eventually wound up working with the Allman Brothers. Moreover, his brother A. J. as we know wound up driving equipment for the band as well.

I think it was back when the band had really hit it big. Either way Thank you for finding this great segment by Chis Hicks. It's amazing how many different folks from Macon have for one reason or another been involved in the music business.

I personally miss seeing Chis playing with The Marshall Tucker Band. An while they weren't from Macon,  they spent a lot of time there recording on Capricorn Records.

Posted : July 19, 2021 9:52 am
allmansrvvegas
(@allmansrvvegas)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

^^^

Posted : July 23, 2021 4:26 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

In the still-frame photo from the video on the bottom - that's Steve Morse playing his "Franken-Tele" - one of the most modded Telecasters I've ever seen.  Twiggs is playing Duane's Les Paul - the one with DUANE spelled out in used frets on the backside.  I actually met Twiggs at a very early Dixie Dreggs show.  He was working the door and let me enter (club show - I was 17 years old).  For the encore, Twiggs and another roadie sat in for "Liz Reed".  

Awesome to hear John and AJ discuss Twiggs.  One of their cousins owns a book store close to my house.  I've heard some of her stories, too.

Posted : July 23, 2021 4:47 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Thanks a lot!  It's so interesting to hear their stories.  

Posted : July 23, 2021 6:26 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

2012 article about Steve Morse's Franken-Tele.  Sorry to divert the original thread! 😉 

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/all-star-gear-steve-morses-frankenstein-telecaster-544071

Posted : July 23, 2021 6:38 pm
Share: