The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Allman Brothers Light Show - 1998 - Behind the Scenes | Psychedelic Light Show Review

allmansrvvegas
(@allmansrvvegas)
Peach Master

Step back in time and join us for a never-before-seen documentary with the Brotherhood of Light from 1998, on stage with the Allman Brothers. Watch Peter Rabinowitz talk about the liquid light show, and some of the tricks he used. Chris Samardizch takes us behind the scenes of his analog video rig, using a massive VHS collection which was loaded by hand for each show, and check out some cool pieces of old school video gear as well.

Hang out afterwards as Chris and I talk a bit about what it was like to tour with the Allman Brothers, how their gear evolved, and tell some cool stories about spending time with the band.

Many thanks to Stacey and Brian Orzell who produced the documentary!

Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 11:07 pm
allmansrvvegas
(@allmansrvvegas)
Peach Master

In the interview Chris Samardizch talks about during Revival from Greatwoods.  A slide jams in the projector.  Causing the screen to have two different slides.

This post was modified 4 months ago by allmansrvvegas
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 11:34 pm
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Extreme Peach

Thanks, will check that out.

Now how about a documentary called Allman Brothers Band Live at the Atlanta Pop Festival?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2021 9:56 am
islalala
(@islalala)
A Peach Supreme

That was very cool --- thanks so much for posting!

The origin story behind the colored blobs needs its own documentary. I can see it now. It starts with some kid sitting in class who's stoned or bored or both and keeps looking at the clock until he sees a reflection that trips him out and somehow thinks to pull the face pane off it, turn it upside down like a dish, fill it with food coloring, set it on the teacher's projector, move the dish around to the beat of whatever music's in his head, and say, "I gotta do this at a rock show!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2021 5:19 pm
Share: