The Allman Brothers Band
Leaving the Beacon ...

Notifications
Clear all

Leaving the Beacon in the early morning on 10/29...

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
frank3si
(@frank3si)
Topic starter

Hi folks -

A new member here. I just joined, though I go as far back seeing the Allman Brothers Band as the Berry days. Though I've read many posts here, I never got around to joining but have done so now as some of you may enjoy these images.

The show last Tuesday was a night I will never forget, but afterwards there was one particularly emotional moment on a night full of them.

I'd bought the instant CDs of the show, and the Beacon cleared out the audience except for those who'd bought the recording. I was near the end of the v-e-r-y long line, which ran from the lobby, down the far aisle to the stage, along the stage, up another aisle, and back into the lobby. Not to be too dramatic - well, yes, to be dramatic :laugh: - it was very eerie and almost felt like one of those reception lines at a funeral. The lights had been dimmed in the hall, and the gear was all still set up on the stage, with roses scattered about the stage surface. It really did feel like you were paying your respects. I know I was. Then they handed you a CD as a memorial and out the door you went...

Posted : November 5, 2014 8:38 am
frank3si
(@frank3si)
Topic starter

As Jack Bruce had just passed days before, I was reminded of a poem written by Pete Brown, author of many of Cream's most famous lyrics. Pete wrote this after the final Cream shows in 2005, but I think it stands as a testament to Jack's life, and is equally fitting to the incredible legacy of the Allman Brothers Band.

Posted : November 5, 2014 8:39 am
wease
(@wease)
Trusted Member

What, indeed?

That's one damn cool pic. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted : November 5, 2014 9:31 am
oldblue
(@oldblue)
Estimable Member

well that's a fine first post ! thanx

Posted : November 5, 2014 10:28 am
wease
(@wease)
Trusted Member

Now that looks like it would make one damn fine poster.

Posted : November 7, 2014 4:12 pm
littlesister1
(@littlesister1)

Your photo sums it all up.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Posted : November 8, 2014 2:59 pm
canuckABBfan
(@canuckabbfan)
Estimable Member

Wow, that's some picture.... gave me shivers!

Posted : November 8, 2014 3:21 pm
bump827
(@bump827)
Estimable Member

It kind of reminds me of the stage after Gov't Mule played Clevland just after Brian Farmer died. The fans had signed a banner and left flowers on the stage

Posted : November 9, 2014 1:26 pm
Share: