Clear all

Still high from last Beacon Show

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
ronnuzzi
(@ronnuzzi)
Topic starter

I can't believe it but I'm still flying from the last show. And it's over a week later. I've seen this band about 150 times over the years . Got shut out of tickets for the last show. Decided to go the stub hub route about a week before so glad that I did.I felt like I was losing a loved one and I was . I've been down that road before But this time I had the chance to say good bye.I saw the show of my life what for me was definitely THE HOLY GRAIL!!! Thank You Allman Brothers Band for going out the way you did with dignity and grace at the top of your game.

[Edited on 11/5/2014 by ronnuzzi]

Posted : November 5, 2014 12:58 pm
vteye
(@vteye)
Eminent Member

2nd your thoughts about the band going out on top, with dignity, grace and amazing couple of shows to say goodbye.

Posted : November 6, 2014 8:04 am
mustangbob
(@mustangbob)
Trusted Member

Went to the second to last show but have listened to last show on Sirius. A very special evening for sure. I have ordered CD's and am anxious to get them. I share your feeling about still flying high although every so often I get sad thinking that the excitement at year end from the announcement of the Beacon dates will be gone.

Posted : November 7, 2014 4:52 am
littlesister1
(@littlesister1)

I am so with you on this. That last show keeps reverberating at a cellular level in me. It was so tight. No waiting 10 minutes between songs, just boom boom boom one right after another by a tightly rehearsed highly motivated and emotionally engaged band...just like the early days in Piedmont Park Cool

Just full up with the joy and perfection of it all.

The word epic was used alot afterwards...even by me upon walking out and just beginning to feel it seep in...and I don't EVER have that word come to mind. It was certainly in the air that night!

Thank you ABB! Thank you fellow concert goers! It was truly an EPIC experience!!!!

Posted : November 7, 2014 5:47 am
Share: