Dickey using a Chorus pedal?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I've been listening to the '96 shows from the Riviera Theater here in Chicago the past few days, and to my ears it sounds as if Dickey was using a Boss (or similar model) Chorus pedal for a lot of the songs. If my ears aren't deceiving me, it sounds like a CE-2. Does anyone know if this is the case? It shouldn't be bugging me, but it is. I would like to get some verification. Thanks.

Posted : January 29, 2018 9:41 am
jparadise
(@jparadise)
Reputable Member

Highly doubt Dickey is using a chorus pedal. The amps he used would sustain a lot and probably give a bit of a compressed sound. That said, if you have an ear that can tell what model and make of a pedal someone is using from a recording, you have a better ear than I do.

Posted : February 9, 2018 3:52 am
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Have you even bothered to listen to any of the Riv shows j? The reason I asked the question is because I've never heard of Dickey using a Chorus, and his tone on these recordings have an "out of phase" type of sound. Not like a Rotovibe or Univibe swirl, but a cheap pedal (like a Boss). I can guarantee it has nothing to do with sustain produced by his amps. He was playing a 335 at these shows and not a Les Paul or the Strat he used in' 99. Obviously, I'm over it bugging me and it seems not many people post here anymore to help with my silly questions. I'll just rely on my own ear from now on - it's been good to me so far.

Posted : March 14, 2018 4:18 am
Share: