The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

College Football 2021

Page 7 / 9
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

How does Illinois beat Penn State?  That's why I love the sport, because those kinds of upsets can happen.  I actually had $10 on the Illinois ML, paid $110.  But I lost every other one of my ML plays Saturday except for NIU.  I had ML'd ECU, which went to OT as 14 pt dog.  That was my closest loss on Saturday.  I also made errors in judgement with ML plays on Maryland, Colorado, USC and GT, although that one got interesting at the end.  My biggest kick in the balls was Friday night.  I ML'd Arizona.  They led 13-0 HT.  Had two very strong drives in the 2nd H, but they ended in just 3 pts after holding penalty in RZ killed one and they threw INT to DL on screen near RZ on the other.  Washington came back to win.  I put $50 on that one, paid 6:1!  It is crazy, once you start to try and pick upsets and actually wager on some, the ways in which some of these teams find to lose games, I can tell you stories.

OT?

They moved it up to the third OT this year.  Last year it was in the 4th or actually I think in the 5th OT it went to 2pt plays.  UNC at VT played one in 2019.  I remember because I had VT +2.5 and couldn't lose once it got that far.  Well actually, you can still lose a bet like that because the team that scores the first 2pt play can scoop-score a fumble or INT the other way to win by 4.  Unless they blow it dead.  Have I ever told you about the time I lost a bet by 13 in OT?  Yeah, USC at Arizona State about 2000-2002 probably.  That was a killer.  Think ASU was +11 or something, you think you are gold in OT right, nope, you bet long enough you will experience just about every rare and unbelievable beat possible and those you didn't think were possible.

I agree, the third OT is too soon for the 2pt plays.  I don't mind it actually, I just would like them to keept the old OT rules for the 3rd and probably 4th and then go to the 2pt elimination plays.  The NCAA is trying to limit the number of plays the players are exposed to.  In regulation the number of plays can exceed 90.  Then the multiple possessions of OT was starting to be a problem and a public image issue as critics pounced on player safety changes.

Princeton and Harvard played in 5 OT the same day as Illinois-Penn State.  That was a doozy!  I'm actually starting to get into Ivy League and betting those games, although I didn't have anything in this one.  In the bottom of the 3rd or 4th OT Harvard scored their 2pt play, but Princeton had said they called timeout before and the refs allowed it to go to replay.  Well, when a timeout is called is not reviewable, it is supposed to only be granted on the field, if they let the play go without timeout they can't then go back and say that there was a timeout.  Replay concluded that Princeton had motioned for timeout before the snap, not sure the details if a ref wasn't able to signal in time or if a ref on the field didn't see it.  Total screw job.  So they give Princeton the timeout and take away Harvard's successful 2pt play after Harvard thinks they just won the game. Harvard then makes another successful 2pt play, but this time they were flagged for O PI.  Their next attempt was unsuccessful. Princeton won in the 5th. Ivy League issued a statement on it, admitted the referees error, but said that Princeton's victory still stands.

In the third extra session, Harvard thought it had won the game when Jake Smith completed a pass into the endzone, but the referees rules that Princeton had called timeout. On the ensuing play, the Crimson scored another touchdown, but it was also taken off the scoreboard, this time by a pass interference play.

In the fifth overtime, the Tigers converted on a catch by Jacob Birmelin to take the lead, 18-16. The Crimson ensuing play failed on an incomplete pass, ending the game.

In the third overtime, Harvard threw a pass for a successful two-point conversion. After the play, the replay booth stopped the game for an official review. While the review did determine that the Princeton head coach called for timeout before the ball was snapped, the officiating crew made a procedural error as a timeout can only be recognized and granted prior to the snap by an on-field official and is not reviewable. Therefore, the timeout should not have been granted and the play should have resulted in a successful two-point conversion.

The outcome of the game will stand as a win for Princeton. The league office will address the error with the officials.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 26, 2021 7:58 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

How the hell Danb get up 9 points in the pick'em?

Hey Dan, Clemson covers!  Is it really a cover when the only time Clemson is ahead of the spread the entire game is :00 on clock after recovering a desperation lateral fumble for a TD return?

Florida played a good 1st H vs Georgia huh?  Even got an INT near the end of the 2nd Q, probably the worst thing that could've ever happened to them.

Michigan leads by 16, then loses! 

Nebraska, loses again, couple of INTs by Martinez, one a pick-six.  Jeff Brohm 3-1 vs Scott Frost.

I wasn't going to say anything after Pitt beat Clemson, some people believe in jinxes and all.  Pitt beating Clemson with all the hype and good will earned and then losing to Pitt is about the most Pitt thing that Pitt has ever done.

Herm Edwards and Arizona State got asses kicked at home by Washington State! 

Gary Patterson done at TCU, wow.

SMU-Houston, oh this was a good one.  SMU K makes career long I think FG to break tie with under 1min left.  What does SMU then do?  Do the only single solitary thing that can lose them the game, kick it to one of, if not the, most dangerous kick return man in the country.  Houston houses it for the win.

Crazy stuff this college football. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 1, 2021 6:32 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Universal Peach

Trying to pick college football with the spread is almost impossible .... 

oh... and don't worry about DanB - he'll get drunk and forget his picks at least one more time .... Laughing Out Loud  

This post was modified 7 months ago by Sang
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2021 7:00 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang 

Can he do worse?

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2021 3:35 pm
hoffcl
(@hoffcl)
Peach Head

Now this is funny!

Things Josh Vann could have done...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457890046925697026

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2021 12:37 pm
nebish liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @lee

@sang 

Can he do worse?

Have you ever met him?   LOL  Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2021 4:46 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @hoffcl

Now this is funny!

Things Josh Vann could have done...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457890046925697026

That game was one of my favorites this year! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2021 9:04 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

How many points Tennessee scoring this week?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2021 9:07 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @nebish

How many points Tennessee scoring this week?

13? I Dont Know  

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2021 9:40 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

13 is the most anybody has scored on Georgia.  Would be nice to see Georgia's O have to do something to win a game in the 2nd H.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2021 9:45 pm
hoffcl
(@hoffcl)
Peach Head

13 is the most anybody has scored on Georgia.  Would be nice to see Georgia's O have to do something to win a game in the 2nd H.

I have to admit this game intrigues me.  Yes, I'm hearing a lot about Tennessee's offensive renaissance as the season unfolds.  But, more importantly, Kirbs and staff have too.  

What I'm not hearing a lot about is this...In UT's last 3 games the defense has had to play 292 plays and given up 1696 total yards.  Not to mention they've given up 125 points in the last 3 games.   And UGA is currently #2 in Scoring Offense in the SEC.  yes, I'll grant you UT is #3, but, one would have to assume that if the UT offense can play up to their most recent potential - so will their defense.  BTW, Georgia is also #1 passing yards allowed, yds/att, QBR & yds/gm (and oh, BTW, tied for #2 in the conf sacks).  Plus, they are a season avg 600 yards better than Alabama in pass yards allowed.  Barring a total collapse on defense the quick strike, explosive potential may be hard to come by.

You would think these type of stats would signal that this game will not be one of your proverbial "shoot outs",  Hooker will have to play the game of his life and UT's S&C coach is really earning his money right now.

BTW, I'm totally cool with "survive and advance" if it comes down to that! In Monken, we trust!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 10:51 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Yes, intriguing.  The SEC does not have many good offenses this year.  In terms of who Georgia has played, Arkansas is pretty good most of the time and Georgia shut them out.  That is probably the best O Georgia has played.  Then Auburn, but Auburn was just held to 3 points, you never quite know what Bo Nix is going to do good or bad.  I am desperate to see Georgia D vs an O that can consistently both run and pass.

Tennessee brings the best offense Georgia will face until December 4th, so that makes it must watch.

Some have said that Kirby's D might struggle with an efficient uptempo O.  I'm actually worried about this from a Tennessee perspective.  I would just rather a well schemed normal tempo O here.  If UT goes fast paced and they have a 3-and-out here and a 3-and-out there then their D gets really stressed really fast.  But maybe UT can execute the up tempo stuff and move the ball.

Georgia's D is best in the country I don't doubt that.  Pretty clearly they are superior to Alabama.  Think some of those UGA vs Bama stats though are influenced based off of opposing Os faced.  Bama had to play Ole Miss, A&M and Miss State some good SEC Os and Georgia played none of them.  I think Georgia would fair pretty well vs them, but not playing them does have a positive impact on the stat rankings and numbers.

Tennessee's D?  Oh boy, it might even make the Georgia O look elite!  I've heard some try and explain that UT's biggest problem on D is vs a running QB and Georgia doesn't have that.  While it is true that Corral of OM and Jones of UF dig gash them in the QB run, but UK and Bama also had plenty of conventional run success.  The counter is pretty much every team has a mobile QB and Georgia doesn't threaten the Ds that way so maybe Vols can fair better vs conventional run? And pass D, I don't know, Vols ain't stopping anybody unless they stop themselves.

Still, this Tennessee team is quite a bit different.  Back when Florida was still semi-good and Vols were still finding their way, that was a game for the first 3 quarters.  Tennessee was in it vs Ole Miss.  Tennessee competed better vs Bama than they have in years (thanks to some special teams stuff).  If Hooker played vs Pitt, Tennessee wins that game (Milton overthrew open receivers down field by 15 yards every time).

Love that Tennessee has a pulse for this game.  Love it is in Knoxville.  Love that Georgia's D is as good as it is, but haven't been tested a ton and love that Georgia's O is questionable in terms of having to move ball and score in a potentially close game.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 11, 2021 12:43 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire

Well how about those Longhorns!  Always good to see them meltdown... ha! ha!  First Kansas road win in years.  That's what you get for hiring Steve Sarkisian as your head coach.

Caught the end of the FSU-Miami game.  Well done FSU!  Made me remember all those classic Noles-Caines games

Don't know what the heck is going on in Gainesville.  It really appears Mullin has lost the team.  I wonder if he'll be looking for another job after this season.

Well my Bruins are now bowl eligible for the first time in 5 or 6 years.  BFD.  UCLA beat a terrible Colorado team coached by a former UCLA HC.  CU will be looking for another coach after next season.  As for UCLA, all it's wins have been against teams with losing records.  I think the Bruins will beat sc and then lose to Cal the following weekend.  Chip Kelly can then claim he's gotten the team to a winning record (only took him 4 seasons and almost $24 million to do it).  He can also claim there's a UCLA coach worse than Rick Neuheisel meaning him.

I wonder who'll survive as Big 10 champ.  Ohio State has to play both MSU and MI still. Best story line in football right now.

Why was Alabama playing New Mexico State.  Sure it was for money but I find it very pathetic that one of the best programs is playing a non-conference opponent that is one of the worst programs.  Like I said, pathetic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2021 9:03 am
Rusty liked
hoffcl
(@hoffcl)
Peach Head

OK, so, I will admit some discomfort w/ the first quarter.  But, to me anyway, I could sense the Georgia D adjusting better w/ each possession.  It was Kendrick's interception when I started to breathe easier.  Although the first series of each team in the 2nd half did have me almost reaching for the brown liquor.  For the portion of UGA fan who feels their team has no hope for a playoff run without JT at QB, JT doesn't score on that QB run - probably doesn't even try to run it.  And to admit that wasn't a big play in turning old uncle Mo in our direction is obtuse.

Maybe I understand "...it might even make the Georgia O look elite!".  Which other teams "elite O" could you compare it to?  Being undefeated and outscoring your opponents by an average of 3+ scores per game seems elite enough for me.  maybe Cincinnati @ 39.2 points per game and Georgia at 38.4?  

Now, for UGA, I'd like to think it's smooth sailing until Atlanta.  I too do not understand the FCS scheduling this late in the season.   And maybe Florida will probably want to revisit that strategy as well, but, that's just a guess on my part. And, I also don't understand the reluctance to go to a 9 game schedule.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2021 10:39 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Peach Extraordianire

@stratdal As a life-long Alabama fan and alumni, let me say that for me this game was embarrassing from the git-go (scheduling).  I can remember when the truly, BIG teams would play each other during regular season.  Back then, the eventual "National Champion" would likely have a loss or two before the end of the season - usually having played powerhouses like USC, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan etc..  Nowadays, anything less than a perfect record - for all practical purposes paints a team out of consideration.  Shameful, yes - but the University of Alabama is nowhere near the only school that schedules these sacrificial lambs for non-conference meetings.  Last year's *championship* (Covid asterisks at both ends!) ended up being meaningful in that Bama played all of their games in conference ... a pretty darned good conference at that.  

Usually, it is the loss of players to the NFL (especially Juniors) that deplete a team's ability to repeat a great season.  Alabama has become a veritable farm for head coaches.  It's not the players that we lost from last year - it is the recurrence of having assistant coaches grabbed up by competing programs to become head coaches.  I haven't kept up, but Steve Sarkisian - who may or may not turn out to be a great head coach - was the offensive genius to last year's "championship" team (Covid asterisks again!) - now Head-Coaching at Texas.  With one loss - by an end of the game field goal - a game that Alabama really should have won (dropped passes - off of the hands - in the end zone!) is this year's bug-bear.  No, Alabama does not seem to be firing on all cylinders ... at the moment, but if they can get past Arkansas and Auburn (very uneven and unpredictable teams) - ol' Nick just might have a card or two up his sleeve for Georgia - who are very deserving of their current rating.

This post was modified 6 months ago by Rusty
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2021 10:52 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

@hoffcl

Great thing for Georgia is that the O doesn't have to be "elite" because the team is so good everywhere else.  Kirby has built them in the model of the old Alabama teams with him and Saban.  There is nothing wrong with that.  The game has shifted, Saban even shifted to winning games with the O rather than D.  Winning rock fights vs the LSUs of 10 years ago wasn't where the game was going.  Bama was going up against the Hugh Freeze Ole Miss teams, the Manziel aTm teams, the Watson and Lawrence Clemson teams.  Being elite on D wasn't enough vs those kinds of offenses.

For Georgia, it is working.  Being critical of the Georgia O is more of comparing them to their national title contender counterparts of the last 10 years.  It isn't to say they are bad, just that maybe "we" expect more of our champions now.  That isn't a requirement and more power to Georgia to keep winning however they do it.

I thought Bennett's running yesterday was very crafty and timely.  Big.  There does continue to be this feeling that Kirby somehow has mismanaged the QB spot, although really, I never thought JT was that great either.  If Bennett can win an SEC and maybe national championship, it will be a great story.

You mention other elite offenses and who they are.  It is not Cincinnati.  Not sure if you have watched their last 4 games.  Far from elite.  Not even great.

Ohio State is the one that jumps out.  Although in 3 of their 4 games vs the respectable games on their schedule (PSU, Neb, Min, Pur) the OSU O isn't quite as high flying and high scoring as they are vs the cupcakes (Akron, Rutgers, Maryland, IU).

But there, the Ohio State defense is not elite.  It is not even great.  Georgia vs Ohio State would be a very compelling matchup.  We'll have to see if we get it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2021 2:49 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

@stratdal

I watched all that UCLA game.  34 unanswered.  Colorado was playing some decent football the prior 6 quarters entering that game.  Played a decent 1st H vs your team.  Wasn't enough.  I had CU 1st H and full game, but had to hedge at HT and took UCLA -10.5 (they were down 10 at the time, looked like a great middle opportunity). 

Think they beat USC too.  Early line is 3.5.  I am surprised it is not higher even on the road.  USC without Drake London is no good. 

I don't know where the season ends up and stuff about Chip.  It's a lot of money he is getting paid for very little result.  Some good will and opportunity was pissed away this season after a promising start.

By the way, first time I've seen you spell Cal with a C instead of a K.  Never know, Berkeley might not let them play again.  They will have to be tested twice weekly now.  Only team in the country that is undergoing any kind of covid testing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2021 2:53 pm
StratDal liked
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I never understand why fans or media or observers care so much about how the SEC schedules their non conference opponents.  Who cares when and who they play, why?  Why should people on twitter or on talk radio or some hot take editorial writer be able to tell Alabama, or any team, who they can play and when they can play them.

@rusty  Since I was born there has only ever been one national champion with more than 1 loss, that was LSU in 2007.  Go back some 100 years, it is all undefeated or one loss teams being voted or winning national championships.  Back when teams were voted on, they did have to be near perfect, because perfection was the criteria, who is the very very best.  You aren't the very very best if you have 2 losses, you just aren't.  It is very elite, or always had been.  A very small pool of candidates who can make it that far unbeaten, or one loss or one tie.  Where are these 2 loss teams being in the consideration for national championships you speak of?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2021 3:01 pm
Rusty liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@rusty 

I understand what you are saying and of course, it is all about money. Those lower tier schools are going to schedule the big guys for the payday. Goes a long way for their programs. If you follow college hoops you might recall Dick Vitale calling them Cupcakes. I remember when Georgetown was good they were notorious for scheduling easy games before the conference season started.

In the 90s I had season tix to Michigan football. In the first two or three weeks they played teams that you knew would get blown out. We had our own reserved parking spot right outside of gate eight at about the 25 year line. Since we already had our decent seats we would find people trying to off their tix before the game. So we would pay maybe five bucks for tix so we could come outside at halftime and continue tailgaiting. Then we would use the purchased seats to get back in the stadium and then go to our good seats. It was still fun! 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2021 3:24 pm
Rusty liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I never understand why fans or media or observers care so much about how the SEC schedules their non conference opponents.  Who cares when and who they play, why?  Why should people on twitter or on talk radio or some hot take editorial writer be able to tell Alabama, or any team, who they can play and when they can play them.

@rusty  Since I was born there has only ever been one national champion with more than 1 loss, that was LSU in 2007.  Go back some 100 years, it is all undefeated or one loss teams being voted or winning national championships.  Back when teams were voted on, they did have to be near perfect, because perfection was the criteria, who is the very very best.  You aren't the very very best if you have 2 losses, you just aren't.  It is very elite, or always had been.  A very small pool of candidates who can make it that far unbeaten, or one loss or one tie.  Where are these 2 loss teams being in the consideration for national championships you speak of?

But it's not just the SEC. Pretty much all major programs do it. I never really noticed a bias toward the SEC.

Regarding your question, I have heard some pundits say Alabama (of course) could sneak in two losses. I would hope not. 

But hey, Michigan is ahead of MSU at the moment, who beat them so who knows? The next few weeks will play it all out. I think it usually does.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2021 3:34 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

The criticism for the SEC comes from when they play their non conference games.  Alabama, Auburn, Florida often play the paycheck games vs an FCS or team like New Mexico State.  People do not like them playing them the week before a season finale rivalry game.  People seem to think that those games have no place in November.  Why?  If they played them all in September and had a bye in November does that somehow make it better?  If they are going to play 4 nonconference games, most power 5 leagues play atleast one good out of conference game and then some mixture of overmatched teams.  That is the way these teams have always played it.  The knives come out when it is a team in the hunt for a national championship that plays one of these games in November.  I really don't get why it matters and why people care.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2021 4:08 pm
Rusty liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I am thinking about going to the Northwestern / Purdue game tomorrow at Wrigley. You can get in for $45. Probably less at the gate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 19, 2021 7:44 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I am thinking about going to the Northwestern / Purdue game tomorrow at Wrigley. You can get in for $45. Probably less at the gate.

Awesome!  I heard they will actually be able to use both sides of the field this time!

I think Northwestern wins straight up!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2021 7:45 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire

@stratdal

I watched all that UCLA game.  34 unanswered.  Colorado was playing some decent football the prior 6 quarters entering that game.  Played a decent 1st H vs your team.  Wasn't enough.  I had CU 1st H and full game, but had to hedge at HT and took UCLA -10.5 (they were down 10 at the time, looked like a great middle opportunity). 

Think they beat USC too.  Early line is 3.5.  I am surprised it is not higher even on the road.  USC without Drake London is no good. 

I don't know where the season ends up and stuff about Chip.  It's a lot of money he is getting paid for very little result.  Some good will and opportunity was pissed away this season after a promising start.

By the way, first time I've seen you spell Cal with a C instead of a K.  Never know, Berkeley might not let them play again.  They will have to be tested twice weekly now.  Only team in the country that is undergoing any kind of covid testing.

"By the way, first time I've seen you spell Cal with a C instead of a K."  Must be the spell check... is supposed to be a lower case k! 😀 

UCLA vs USC tomorrow.  Wish the programs were playing better because it's a great rivalry.  That said, come Saturday, no more lamenting over CCK and SC's issues.  It's the Bruins and Trojans.  Put on your gear and have at it.

Crazy things happen in this game.  I've seen and experienced them all.  UCLA has to run the ball and not turn it over to win.  That said, I could be completely full of crap.  GO BRUINS!  DESTROY troy!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 19, 2021 9:11 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

USC without Drake London is bad USC.  I mean they were bad USC with him, but without him 312y at ASU was terrible by USC standards, that was about 100y lower than any other low yardage total they put up this year. They came in averaging 485! They were also without London in the 2nd H vs Arizona, they only had 160y and two FGs in the 2nd H. I think Drake London to USC was as critical to their offense as any player in the country, how heavily they relied on him and he delivered, double covered, breaking tackles, body control, sideline catches, you name it he did it.

USC hates to play physical football in the trenches.  UCLA isn't known as a physical bunch, but I think they can play that way and like you say, pound the run and USC will fold.

Dart is starting for them at QB.  He is high risk high reward type.  Will run.  Not like the normal USC QBs.  Will force the ball and either make plays or throw picks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2021 10:05 pm
StratDal liked
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

I'm on the Bruins later. Taking the Huskers +10, Army laying a bunch against UMass, Kent State -13 1/2. Just for giggles a three team money line parlay of Colorado, Oregon & Oregon State. Will probably have the Ducks +3 also. Good luck fellow wagerers. 

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2021 12:30 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire

Bruins hung 62 on their rival.  It's been a good day!

257466572 288334196631963 2455879720294357778 n
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 12:06 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Awesome!  I heard they will actually be able to use both sides of the field this time!

I think Northwestern wins straight up!

I decided not to go. Regarding the field I think it was from about half way down the third base line out to the right field wall. It was weird. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 8:17 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

A lot of blowouts yesterday. I knew taking Michigan State was a sucker bet. OSU could have hung 100 points on them. I'm afraid for my Wolverines Saturday. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 8:20 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I had I'm pretty sure my worst start to a day ever on the noon kicks.  ML underdog straight up winners are the lifeblood of my wagering card and I went like 1-6 in those (Colorado only winner).  Fortunately the mid day and evening plays did really well, but I couldn't fully recover from a remarkably awful start.  MLing games and losing ones like Northwestern.  Favorites went 12-4 on noon kickoffs, that is just an awful recipe for me.

I had Nebraska too.  Missed the ML there.  Shouldn't even have bothered the ML because they never do the small things it takes to win games.  But Nebraska continues to show that they can play good enough in all these games to be right there, but also bad enough to surely blow it.  Early line is pick'em next week vs Iowa!  Frost says he wants Martinez to come back next year, so that just means next year will be Frost's last year.  You hitch your wagon to a loser QB, you are also a loser.  Adrian Martinez is a combination of Nebraska's most record setting QB, but at the same time, one of the their worst in terms of Wins/Losses.

Did have UCLA and also did something I almost never do in the 2nd H, is take a favorite to win by more than they were already leading by at halftime.  I knew if they had the chance they would pound USC and USC sucks.

I actually put $50 on the ULM Moneyline.  Would've paid a bunch.  Doubt anyone watched, about 110 FBS teams and a couple dozen FCS teams could've beaten LSU last night, an awful effort from them.  Unfortunately ULM just wasn't good enough, left a couple really meaningful plays out on the field that could've won them that game!

Harvard-Yale was a great game!  I'm really starting to like Ivy League football and think I might spend more time with it next year and beyond.

Tough loss for Navy yesterday. 

Looks like everyone should run fake punts and fake FGs on Bama!

Think I heard Florida is 0-fer on the SEC road for first time since 1979.

UTSA had an incredible finish (and 2nd H cover)

Playoff rankings should be 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State then 3/4 some combo of Alabama/Cincinnati

Bedlam this week is going to be AWESOME!  Hopefully Michigan can give Ohio State a game.  Oregon State can win the PAC12 North with a win and a Washington win.  If Oregon State and Washington State wins, then Washington State would win a 3-way tie breaker.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 21, 2021 10:54 am
StratDal liked
Page 7 / 9
Share: