10 Users
20 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

The big question is "Why were classified documents in non-secure, non-classified storage place?"  Neither should have had those documents away from a certified classified storage facility unless they had gone through the declassification process.

Posted : January 17, 2023 5:28 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The feds procured more classified documents in another raid on his home yesterday - have no idea what they’re after or why the Bidens’ home would be non secure for any reason much less this

LBJ & Rose Kennedy died on this date in 1973 & 1995 - Jan. 22, 1973 - George Foreman hammers Smokin Joe Frazier in 2 rounds, costing me some dough

Mayb gun control sanity is taking over - the mass shooting in Monterey was the first one in quite awhile it seems

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stephen

Posted : January 22, 2023 10:52 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

Mayb gun control sanity is taking over - the mass shooting in Monterey was the first one in quite awhile it seems

now it’s pence

at any rate, am not qualified on this topic as I’d thought school/mass shootings were on the wane toward sane

agree w/your posts (Rusty/Rob) - decades & decades of dialog/tightening gun control measures/limiting availability of/access to firearms - has done nothing, never will & shouldn’t be expected to

the only sure thing is that, like Covid, classified documents & taxes, gun violence is here to stay w/more in store in 2023

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stephen

Posted : January 26, 2023 10:00 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

New bumper sticker:  HONK IF YOU HAVE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS

Posted : January 26, 2023 10:02 am
Stephen reacted
KCJimmy
(@kcjimmy)
Honorable Member

I just read most of the posts in the "OTHER" classified docs thread and I am truly amused. But it really is more sad than amusing. It got REAL QUIET in that thread all of a sudden in late January, LOL.

Most of you folks need SERIOUS therapy. TDS makes people look and sound pathetic. No, they didn't "look under the bus" but look what they stumbled onto on the floor of the garage next to the red corvette that Hunter drives, LOL.  

And fwiw, Anybody that thinks Duane Allman would be OK with either political party these days DOES NOT know who Duane Allman was.

Posted : February 8, 2023 12:08 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

✌️Duane Allman has no place in this thread, but on topic, Biden & Pence both were found w/these so-called “classified documents”

So Why The EFF Then Aren’t The Feds Busting Their Balls Like They Are Trump?????

Donald Trump is a fine American

I hope he becomes president again for one more term, 2024-28, b4 announcing his retirement -

something that imo Joe needs to do pretty soon -

not b/c Joe is a bad guy or anything 

but w/the falls & mental missteps lately…..if these continue, imo he owes it to Jill & the public to step down - he’s done a good job, & no offense but 80 is too old to be president

w/malice toward none 

This post was modified 11 months ago by Stephen

Posted : June 12, 2023 4:35 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Gorilla Monsoon went from being a villain to a good guy - it was an about-face for the ages

now it’s Chris Christie

once a Trump backer, he’s now declared for president, & done his own about-face in the process

he’s joined the antiTrumpeters
this will get him a lot of press coverage, as all Trump hate gets

said b4, I hope Donald becomes president

shoot - now my own about-face - my advice now to Donald, Let Chris & Nikki Settle It -

“beat the media at its own game, retire to the sunshine & spare the public the endless national enquirer-level media trash your candidacy would bring, not that anyone believes it 

people love you, you’ve been there done that - there’s already enough castigation & invective to last a lifetime

plus - you’re not getting any younger”

i understand - he’s a competitor, he won one & lost one, now he wants one last shot at a second chance -

This post was modified 9 months ago 4 times by Stephen

Posted : August 14, 2023 8:55 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

said b4, I hope Donald becomes president

shoot - now my own about-face - my advice now to Donald, Let Chris & Nikki Settle It -

the nomination, however, is Donald’s to lose, by the look of it - most of the competition didn’t make the cut - mayb Haley can still round up enough $upport

the view of trump haters is not outward - their noses are too buried in tabloid trash to see that many Americans still want Pres. Trump back in office -

these citizens see their screaming accusations of rape/tyranny/‘crimes against America’ blah blah for what they are

much will depend on his VP pick - many point to (what they say are) its 2016-20 accomplishments in wanting the Trump-Pence administration reinstalled

speaking of reinstalled I won’t pry as to why the posts in that thread were deleted - (Trump expects to be reinstalled by summer) inquired about it b4

on topic, Joe’s classified documents were legal, reporters said - Donald’s weren’t, they added

This post was modified 3 months ago by Stephen

Posted : January 23, 2024 1:50 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

inquiring minds wanna know

“can nose picking really lead to Alzheimer’s disease or dementia - an expert weighs in”

its a headline - started to read the article, then picked my nose for kicks & grins - sure enough, got foggy & didn’t understand what I was reading

sometimes I wonder if the world is an ongoing hybrid of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Spinal Tap, Being There….

mayb picking boogers outta your nose does lead to/trigger/kickstart Alzheimer’s or dementia

not senility tho 

how does one gain that level of expertise & become an expert at something like that

I’m too senile to know

the topic makes me senile too - while Joe was declared innocent of his classified documents, Trump is accused of engaging in criminal activity w/his classified documents

just hope people ignore this idiocy - many do, it’s why ‘mafia Don’ is still a top candidate - Many voters see all the **** they sling at him for what it is

& I haven’t been picking my nose either (was just cracking a joke b4)

This post was modified 3 months ago 3 times by Stephen

Posted : February 9, 2024 4:17 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Mr. Biden's memory was significantly limited, both during his
recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office
in 2023.

Given Mr. Biden's limited precision and recall during his interviews with his
ghostwriter and with our office...

We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself
to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning,
elderly man with a poor memory. Based on our direct interactions with and
observations of him, he is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify
reasonable doubt. It would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict
him-by then a former president well into his eighties-of a serious felony that
requires a mental state of willfulness.

And while reading his notebook entries aloud during
meetings with his ghostwriter, Mr. Biden sometimes skipped over presumptively
classified material and warned his ghostwriter the entries might be classified, but at
least three times Mr. Biden read from classified entries aloud to his ghostwriter
nearly verbatim.

Some evidence also suggests Mr. Biden knew he could not keep classified
handwritten notes at home after leaving office. Mr. Biden, who had decades of
experience with classified information, was deeply familiar with the measures taken
to safeguard classified information and the need for those measures to prevent harm
to national security. Asked about reports that former President Trump had kept
classified documents at his own home, Mr. Biden wondered how "anyone could be that
irresponsible" and voiced concern about "[w]hat data was in there that may
compromise sources and methods." While vice president, he kept his notebooks in a
White House safe for a time, in contrast with his decision after leaving office to keep
them at home in unlocked drawers.

...after being given multiple chances to return classified
documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According
to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but
he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about
it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and
the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations including his
homes, sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways cooperated with the
investigation.

I skimmed through the Department of Justice report from Robert Hur.  It is 388 pages in length.  I did not see the part about the President not remembering when his son died, but it must be in there as many have been talking about that.

I also watched the President's press conference from last night.  I can't imagine him being President for 4 more years if he were to win reelection.  He's in his final year of the first term and the physical and mental decline from when he was elected is quite noticeable everyone would have to agree.  I have seen several Democrat supporters try and push back against that - think that is just trying to root for the home team on that.  This is year 4, what condition would he be in year 5 or year 6? 

Posted : February 9, 2024 3:34 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Because of the stresses of being president, being scheduled 24/7 w/travel, cabinet meetings, also w/joint chiefs of staff, the Congress, legislature, world leaders etc & so forth

…..that’s a lot for anyone much less an 81 year old - b/c of the strain on his already-aging mental faculties, Pres. Biden would be A LOT more suceptible/vulnerable to dementia If Re-Elected

….than if he announced his retirement now, decompressed, keyed down & enjoyed the evening of his life w/Dr. Jill -

again, the latter would happen if the First Lady told him retirement was best for all concerned, especially the republic🇺🇸

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : February 9, 2024 10:17 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@stephen Another election year with two candidates that nobody really, really wants or desires.  Yeah, Biden's GPS is telling him that Dementiaville is straight ahead - next exit.  Trump - also displaying symptoms of confusion and general old-age wackiness - compounded by delusions of grandeur and acute (approaching severe) bat-$hit craziness.  

Many polls and surveys reflect that most Americans really want neither of these candidates for skilled nursing as our Commander in Chief - yet here they are.  

I'd ask, again - how'd we get here?  But the answers lie in several facts:

1. The press simply chooses to ignore ANY and ALL third parties - creating the notion that a vote for anybody who ain't a Republican or a Democrat is a vote flushed down the fart-catcher.

2. Primaries and caucuses held in states that would fit in the living room of an average size ranch house that ELIMINATE candidates before voters living in more densely populated states even have a chance to choose candidates besides the two that emerge victorious in these micro-states.  Political smoke and mirrors at play here.

3.  American citizens (voters) just eat this $hit right outta the box!  We grow so interested in age, dementia and personal vendettas that we lose track of any and all issues.  

Again channeling and paraphrasing 1960's comedian/impressionist Vaughn Meader:  "Vote for the demented, old-a$$ white man of your choice - but VOTE!" 

An aside (too much coffee this morning) - Something to really consider - another Trump presidency is likely to result in a Supreme Court that is waaay top-heavy with conservative justices and opinions (maybe already?).  If this doesn't scare or worry you - it should!  Personally, I think that the office of POTUS is less material that the makeup of the Supreme Court.  I wish we could elect (and vote out) SCOTUS members.  

Posted : February 10, 2024 10:36 am
PorkchopBob and Stephen reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@rusty 

You said

"Something to really consider - another Trump presidency is likely to result in a Supreme Court that is waaay top-heavy with conservative justices and opinions (maybe already?)."

Too late Rusty,  the conservatives already have a super majority as there are  6 conservative judges appointed by G-dubya/ Trump compared to 3 liberal judges from Obama/ Biden.

At least Conservative Chief Justice Robert's is somewhat middle of the road who will vote with the liberal judges at times but he is still a Consevative.

Judges by age

• Justice Thomas, 75.
  • Justice Alito, 73.
  • Justice Sotomayor, 69.
  • Chief Justice Roberts, 69.
  • Justice Kagan, 63.
  • Justice Kavanaugh, 58.
  • Justice Gorsuch, 56.
  • Justice Jackson, 53.

Interesting article which rates the justices according to their political leanings

https://www.axios.com/2019/06/01/supreme-court-justices-ideology

We better hope Robert's doesn't retire or have health issue as the sitting President gets to nominate the Chief Justice, with Senate confirmation, so I wouldn't want Trump having that power again.

Posted : February 10, 2024 11:32 am
Rusty reacted
KCJimmy
(@kcjimmy)
Honorable Member

You left Barrett off. She's fairly young I think. We were so much better off for four years under Trump. If you eliminated the hysteria caused by the people with TDS, and all the witch hunt investigations, it would be difficult to find anything to criticize. The media should start reporting the truth, and not their "version" of it.

Posted : February 10, 2024 8:07 pm
Stephen reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@kcjimmy there is so many things false about the claims in your post I won't waste my time trying to respond as we have all been down this road before and it would be beating a dead horse. No proof I could provide would change your mind about Trump so won't waste my time.

Posted : February 10, 2024 9:47 pm
KCJimmy
(@kcjimmy)
Honorable Member

I think you made the right choice. You would literally have to lie to yourself and believe it to suggest our nation is better off in any way now than 4 years ago and it couldn't possibly warrant a response if you did.

Posted : February 10, 2024 10:26 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Wrong assumption mate.

No amount of truth I could present will ever change a Trump supporters mind that the man is a criminal and wants to destroy our Democracy.

Cult of personality

This post was modified 3 months ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : February 10, 2024 11:01 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🇺🇸✌️hi Bill_Graham, shoot - you saw it for yourself bro -

Donald Trump had 4 years to achieve what you say he wants to achieve, destroy our democracy 

what happened?

….an American running for US president -

who is also a criminal who wants to destroy our democracy …

it blows my mind that people believe this, but they apparently do 

every effort, million$ upon million$ has been spent over many years trying to discredit/incarcerate Donald Trump - 

& he’s a top candidate yet - so therefore,

my own common sense tells me those efforts have FLOPPED & that money was WASTED

“America won’t survive another term under Trump” I’ve read

NEVER ONCE ANYthing to back that up -

it’s just society - people are Fixated that Trump is another Hitler - I realize that effort will never cease

It’s unAmerican & Sick

xmpl, make America great again is considered the rallying cry of insurgents infiltrating our country w/the idea of toppling it -

imo, the real insurrectionists, the real enemies of America are people/attitudes like that - they pour venom into the nation’s bloodstream, then cry foul pointing the finger elsewhere

🇺🇸well wishes to all Americans - be nice & treat people the way you’d want to be treated

This post was modified 3 months ago 4 times by Stephen

Posted : February 11, 2024 3:55 am
KCJimmy reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bill_graham 

Agree, Biden may have his issues and he's not my first pick, but the country is stable and the administration is capable. Cult 45 cucks like to ignore the devastating smoldering dumpster fire Trump left in Jan 2020. Anyone saying the country was in a better condition 4 years ago doesn't understand what a President does and how the Constitution works.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : February 11, 2024 10:16 am
Bill_Graham reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob Agree PC, It is simply mind boggling that Trump supporters ignore everything the man has done and says and still want him to run the country again.

But then again that is how countries lose their freedom and dictators happen. Cult of Personality.

We have all been through this argument before on this forum and neither side will ever change their opinion, so I won't waste time rehashing the facts that his supporters will ignore, but I fear for our country if that maniac gets back in office.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : February 11, 2024 11:07 am
PorkchopBob reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

2020 was the worst of everything.  But the first 3 Trump years were pertty good from my perspective.  I understand that others do not have that perspective, we've talked about that and don't have to agree.

With that said, Trump has proved to be pretty much the worst human being, is very selfish, egotistical, and generally as un-Presidential as one can get.  Nobody can or should forget the events of January 6th and where Trump was and what he was doing, or not doing during that time.  The topic of this thread, the classified documents, how each person handled the situation tells you a lot about Trump vs Biden.  I think Biden publicly downplays his retention of classified material compared to what the report found, but he fully cooperated and did not obstruct.  What did Trump do?

I do not want either one of them to be President again.  They are both different kinds of bad.  Democrat party supporters and progressives wouldn't be supporting and defending Biden so much as they are given all the variables if it wasn't Trump likely on the other side of the ballot.  Find it very hard to believe that in a vacuum, that Joe Biden is who anyone actually wants for 4 more years, I honestly don't think he can do 4 more years and am not sure he can do 1-2 more years.  Within the structure of the government and the office of the President, I don't think Joe Biden is dangerous and I think Trump part ll potentially could be dangerous so there is that.  Still I can't just throw my support behind anyone running vs Trump if I do not believe in that candidate.  I need defensible reasoning, I like to be able to defend my vote to explain what I agree with and what I hope any candidate may be able to accomplish and push for.  Saying I'm just trying to stop a Trump Presidency is not enough for me if I don't believe in the candidate I am voting for.  So I almost certainly will be abstaining again this election.  America will not be in a better place if we have either Joe Biden or Donald Trump elected in November.  Sucks.

Posted : February 11, 2024 4:17 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @nebish

Still I can't just throw my support behind anyone running vs Trump if I do not believe in that candidate.  I need defensible reasoning, I like to be able to defend my vote to explain what I agree with and what I hope any candidate may be able to accomplish and push for.  Saying I'm just trying to stop a Trump Presidency is not enough for me if I don't believe in the candidate I am voting for.  

agree w/this - that’s how Joe was elected - 

put another way, Joe Wasn’t Elected In 2020 

Trump Was Defeated -

it took multiple myriad accusing/finger pointing/lawsuits to do - election stealing, election cheating, election fraud, classified documents blah blah

bur it was a close election, just like 2016 w/Hilary

it’s certain to be that way this time too

-

Trump hate <> support of his supporters

it’s a dangerous mix not unlike the toxic conditions of the late 1850s-60s that sparked the horrible Civil War

we need to learn from our history🇺🇸

Joe Biden, a non-hateful man, rode a tidal wave not of positivity for him, but negative against Trump, to the WH in 2020

his own qualifications were seldom mentioned, other than retired VP

it didn’t take long for that to come home to roost - objective/calm collected/non-frantic if you will, observers figured as much at the time

-

both should step aside, & instead, focus on training/counseling/tutoring prospective young up & coming party candidates

as senior citizens that’s the way they can best serve their country - as consultants

Joe knows that, he had the Clintons, Obama etc to lean on/sound out 

but again, there are no other candidates, it’s a thin field & could this speak to a previously-asked rhetorical ?

who in their right mind would even want to run for president

you need an endless supply of $, what you stand for can get easily misinterpreted & you often end up w/trash on your name

Trump could be DQ’d, he’s sued all the time & could be declared ineligible to run b/c of all the pending lawsuits - it’s in the court system now🥱🥱 

it may be the only hope for his enemies 

to be clear, I don’t want him re elected any more than Biden - he’d be 78 years old if elected -

🇺🇸ups to both of them for trying, but the Oval Office is much stress for anyone, Too Much Stress For The Aged - we’ve seen it

but not this way - by being forced off 

-

Trump haters say it’s the end of America if he’s elected

that attitude suggests to non-haters, his supporters & the general public, that they’ll declare Civil War b4 letting Trump assume office

I believe 100% in their seriousness about that - that Donald Trump is a self-styled tyrant who must be stopped at any & all costs to save the republic & preserve democracy, liberty, truth, justice & the American way 

i41 don’t see him that way or that scenario playing out - am not that panicked - just an ordinary citizen

This post was modified 3 months ago 5 times by Stephen

Posted : February 11, 2024 10:22 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

2020 was the worst of everything.  But the first 3 Trump years were pertty good from my perspective.  I understand that others do not have that perspective, we've talked about that and don't have to agree.

Policies, Administrations and economics take time to affect people, it's a big ship to turn around. That's why it took a few years for people to feel the damage to the economy caused by Trump's foreign policies and domestic tax policies.

I also think it's important to look at other peoples' perspective. Also, Joe Biden hasn't rallied an angry mob to attack the Republic, causing the deaths of several people trying to defend it. That's indefensible.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : February 12, 2024 11:26 am
Bill_Graham reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

it’s just society - people are Fixated that Trump is another Hitler - I realize that effort will never cease

You're misunderstanding the correlation. They're not saying Trump is going to start a World War or mass genocide. The similarity is the way Trump manipulates crowds, rallying people in the name of nationalism through platitudes and falsehoods. The language he has been using for years is very similar to Hitler (and other tyrants), and people who know their history understand this. It's not a "fixation" if he continues to do it, he's inviting the comparison every day.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-immigrant-comments-hitler-mein-kampf-poisoning-blood-rcna130251

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : February 12, 2024 1:00 pm
Bill_Graham and Rusty reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

Policies, Administrations and economics take time to affect people, it's a big ship to turn around. That's why it took a few years for people to feel the damage to the economy caused by Trump's foreign policies and domestic tax policies.

I also think it's important to look at other peoples' perspective. Also, Joe Biden hasn't rallied an angry mob to attack the Republic, causing the deaths of several people trying to defend it. That's indefensible.

They do.  Some people feel damage from the fallout of various types of legislation and different administrations.  There are people that benefit, there are people that do not benefit.  Economic policy, like foreign policy - this is all debatable from many different perspectives.  Rarely do we find universal agreement on what is good and what is not good for this country and it's population.

As for January 6th, yes indefensible.  Some will, most won't.

it’s just society - people are Fixated that Trump is another Hitler - I realize that effort will never cease

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're misunderstanding the correlation. They're not saying Trump is going to start a World War or mass genocide. The similarity is the way Trump manipulates crowds, rallying people in the name of nationalism through platitudes and falsehoods. The language he has been using for years is very similar to Hitler (and other tyrants), and people who know their history understand this. It's not a "fixation" if he continues to do it, he's inviting the comparison every day.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-immigrant-comments-hitler-mein-kampf-poisoning-blood-rcna130251

I do find it good practice to understand why people say the things they want, what motivates and what is the basis for what they say.  I know I have benefited from doing that and I think everyone in political discussions can benefit from this.  Like when people called George W Bush Hilter vs calling Trump Hilter - it's not remotely the same.  And that is the risk with throwing out things like nazi and Hitler labels for certain people, because when there really could be some similarities, overusing it has a cry wolf effect.  Realizing why those people are saying those things is more important than simply realizing they won't cease doing it.

Posted : February 12, 2024 2:18 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Trump could be DQ’d, he’s sued all the time & could be declared ineligible to run b/c of all the pending lawsuits - it’s in the court system now🥱🥱 

it may be the only hope for his enemies 

I come in peace - only use that quote as a segue to a current headline on the Politico label

”All 4 Trump Trials Reach Inflection Points This Week”

I don’t know what an inflection point is, so, while still standing by everything I’ve said, still might not UNDERstand all the legalities/legal terms/nuances etc about everything I’ve blabbed about - 

realize it’s been excessive - will try to key down, or better yet, stop altogether✌️🇺🇸

This post was modified 2 months ago by Stephen

Posted : February 13, 2024 10:15 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

VP Harris in Puerto Rico started clapping & singing along to a song w/words in PRican

when aides translated the words as the song went along

they discovered it was a protest song opposing her 

this to me is rotten & should not go unpunished - embarrassing & holding up to ridicule a public official like that

Posted : March 25, 2024 5:37 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@stephen To be fair, Kamala's school probably didn't offer Puerto Rican as part of its Language curriculum.  😉

Posted : March 25, 2024 6:29 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@rusty true Rusty. They really should have sung that song in American. 😜

Posted : March 25, 2024 6:53 am
PorkchopBob and Rusty reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: