World Class Peach

See @lee even @rationalrebel doesn't think you can read ^^^

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 12:55 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@jszfunk Here is that 'hot shot" young guitar player Lamar Williams, Jr had in the Trouble No More band again. 

Taz!! They say more and more veteran guitarists are skipping jamming with him because his tone and chops are so good! 

But what will he sound like playing the Eat A Peach album? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 1:46 pm
rationalrebel
(@rationalrebel)
Peach Master

Snooping around, found this from Carter Vintage in Nashville. 😎 

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by rationalrebel
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 1:58 pm
rationalrebel
(@rationalrebel)
Peach Master

And here's Lamar with some of the guys. Book this crew at the Beacon with Duane on Butch's kit and I'll be on a flight to NYC no questions asked, 7th floor corner room at the Beacon Hotel pregame....

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 2:08 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @rationalrebel

Roosevelt Collier is a steel player not dissimilar to Robert Randolph. Long been in the Lee Brothers that often played with Wanee and collaborated with Oteil. 

Glad you brought him up! I've seen The Lee Brothers a handful of times at small places and festivals. I met them after a set at the HOB small stage in Chicago several years ago and I actually told that guy he was just as good as Robert. They all kind of chuckled and he was very modest about it but I really did mean it. No idea if they are still around but they are/were awesome. That guy can play!

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2022 3:46 pm
redhouse1969
(@redhouse1969)
Extreme Peach

I think it is a bit of a stretch to call this an "all-star lineup".... Seems that there are better avenues to get the ABB vibe....

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2022 10:17 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@rationalrebel Yes I've been getting to know these players. Peter Levin in Gregg's band and Lamar Williams, Jr were the only ones with whom I was familiar. 

All these guys are too shelf players so I guess Lamar,Jr. or whoever put this lineup together knows what he is doing. 

Anyone know if the plan to play Eat A Peach all the way through from Ain't Wasn't Time No More to Mountain Jam and everything in-between including Little Martha? 

The last lineup of the ABB played the entire album in order and initially I thought they hit it over the fence. But after playing the recording a few times unfortunately it became obvious it didn't measure up to the original band and the album. 

Eat A Peach is an excellent album. It's not like trying to recreate St. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band but close as far as I'm concerned. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2022 12:21 pm
DarylM
(@darylm)
Peach Master

I wish them all the best. This line-up couldn't fill a club in Toronto. The Beacon,

however, is a horse of a different colour.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2022 2:01 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

Hope they get Melissa close to the album. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2022 9:59 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @darylm

I wish them all the best. This line-up couldn't fill a club in Toronto. The Beacon, however, is a horse of a different colour.

Well, they added a 2nd show after it sold out.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/trouble-no-more-allman-brothers-beacon-tickets-eat-a-peach-tribute/

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2022 12:22 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: