41 Posts
9 Users
11 Likes
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hopefully they tour this album but tickets are a bit $$$

https://www.jambase.com/article/trouble-no-more-allman-brothers-eat-a-peach-50th-anniversary-celebration

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : January 4, 2022 3:46 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Wow they have their work cut out for them! I wish them much success. Eat A Peach sold over 2 million copies and is an outstanding album. One of the best by any rock band in the 70's. 

The new mayor of New York City says he doesn't believe in shutting down the town because of a major pandemic. But I doubt I would go and I'm masked and have 3 shots in me. I'm 75. Too old to take a chance. 

They are going to have to sound real good to play it like the ABB. This is live, it's perfect and it's on Eat A Peach!!! 

Posted : January 4, 2022 4:53 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Maybe I am out of the loop, but the only name I recognize is Lamar Williams Jr.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : January 4, 2022 6:48 pm
Jack_Frost reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@jszfunk same here but I am a sucker for anything ABB so would go see this band if they toured and priced tickets reasonably.

I went to ticketmaster to check tickets and this Beacon show is very expensive. Some of the proceeds do go to the Big House though which is nice.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : January 4, 2022 8:14 pm
WaitinForRain
(@waitinforrain)
Prominent Member

Peter Levin played with the last verse of the Gregg band. He's an excellent player. 

Posted : January 4, 2022 11:10 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@waitinforrain Yeah I saw Peter Levin sit in with Gregg or next to Gregg in the ABB. Very good keyboard. 

Here is one of the guitar players. He is 18 years old. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by robertdee

Posted : January 4, 2022 11:15 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

How much is it? The TM site doesn't seem to work. 

And who are these guys?

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : January 5, 2022 9:56 am
Jack_Frost reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @lee

And who are these guys?

trouble no more eat a peach 1200x675

Taz, Lamar, Peter, and Roosevelt should be familiar names to folks around here. Dylan must be Taz's brother?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:05 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

And who are these guys?

Taz, Lamar, Peter, and Roosevelt should be familiar names to folks around here. Dylan must be Taz's brother?

Yeah I read the thing. I certainly can see that. But who are they? I think I've heard of two of the guys. Are they like a cover band or something? And they book The Beacon? I assume they must have some cache if they can do that. 🙂 

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:10 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

And who are these guys?

Yeah I read the thing. I certainly can see that. But who are they? I think I've heard of two of the guys. Are they like a cover band or something? And they book The Beacon? I assume they must have some cache if they can do that. 🙂 

Yeah...... I have no idea who any of these people are besides Lamar. The Levin name rang a bell, but not for sure.  After watching that video above of the guitar player, I think I saw him a few years ago on some TV show. Was pretty young back then.  Looks like he is playing a D'Angelico.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by jszfunk

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:15 am
Jack_Frost reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

But who are they? I think I've heard of two of the guys. Are they like a cover band or something? And they book The Beacon?

@lee 

Well, you could easily look this up on the interwebs but here goes...

Lamar Williams Jr is the son of ABB bassist Lamar Williams and a great singer

Peter Levin was Gregg Allman's keyboard player

Taz is a young guitarist that Butch found at Roots Rock and has been sitting in with just about everyone for the past 5 years (and in broadway shows). Guessing Dylan is his brother.

Roosevelt Collier is a great jammy lap steel guitarist

I looked up Nikki Glaspie, looks like she's a drummer. Daniel Donato is a young guitarist. Not sure about Jack Ryan, maybe he's CIA.

Appears they have been assembled by the ABB camp for a one-off tribute show to Eat A Peach during what was usually ABB March Madness.

Here are the details from the front page of this website:

The music of the ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND will be celebrated with the Friday, March 25 debut of the new band TROUBLE NO MORE at NYC’s Beacon Theatre, a venue the esteemed ABB played nearly 250 times. They will be honoring the 50th anniversary of the Eat A Peach record which was released February 12, 1972, and has been distinguished as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Trouble No More includes Brandon “Taz” Niederaurer (Guitar,Vocals), Daniel Donato (Guitar, Vocals), Dylan Niederauer (Bass Guitar), Jack Ryan (Drums), Lamar Williams Jr. (Vocals), Nikki Glaspie (Drums), Peter Levin (Keys) and Roosevelt Collier (Pedal Steel Guitar).

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:20 am
ffisher reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Ticket Info via the HTN homepage announcement link

Ticket Details
Orchestra Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$279.30
Loge Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$256.64
Rear Orchestra Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$245.31
Lower Balcony Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$222.65
Upper Balcony Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$211.32
Side Upper Balcony Ticket & Merch Bundle (Physical Delivery)
$194.90
I'm sure it will be a great show, but seems pretty steep to me.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:23 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Ticket Details
$279.30
$256.64
$245.31
$222.65
$211.32
$194.90

Yeah...thats WAY overpriced.

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:26 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@jszfunk

Lamar, Peter, Taz and Roosevelt should be pretty familiar names to anyone following the ABB and their extended family of bands and other jam bands.

Roosevelt is a monster player in the jam band world. Much tastier player than Robert Randolph, in my opinion.

20120722 403 001

Glad to see Peter Levin getting back out there, he had a heart transplant last November.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:31 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

@jszfunk

Lamar, Peter, Taz and Roosevelt should be pretty familiar names to anyone following the ABB and their extended family of bands and other jam bands.

Roosevelt is a monster player in the jam band world. Much tastier player than Robert Randolph, in my opinion.

20120722 403 001

Glad to see Peter Levin getting back out there, he had a heart transplant last November.

Yeah ,Like I mentioned I am familiar with Lamar of course. Peters name rang a bell but that was about it.  I really dont follow the Jam Band scene,and I will leave my comments at that. I always like Gregg's take on that. He always said that the ABB were a band that jammed and not a jam band.

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:36 am
Jack_Frost reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@porkchopbob 

Again, I can read. I've heard of Williams and Levin and I am sure they are all talented musicians, just never heard of the others. I could just be a pessimist it sounds like a cover band to me.

I'm sure it will be a good show but at those prices? One year I went to NYC for a week and saw five Beacon shows (I wouldn't recommend that 😊). I think I paid right around what they are charging to see the ABB five times for what they want for one. Heck this is more than the Madison Square Garden show.

😀

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:41 am
Jack_Frost reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jszfunk

Yeah ,Like I mentioned I am familiar with Lamar of course. Peters name rang a bell but that was about it.  I really dont follow the Jam Band scene,and I will leave my comments at that. I always like Gregg's take on that. He always said that the ABB were a band that jammed and not a jam band.

Just saying they aren't deep dives. "Jam Band" is just a label for similar bands on the same festival circuits, so if you followed ABB, Gregg, Mule, TTB, Butch, Jaimoe, etc, over the past few years you'd have seen these guys.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:45 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@porkchopbob 

Again, I can read. I've heard of Williams and Levin and I am sure they are all talented musicians, just never heard of the others. I could just be a pessimist it sounds like a cover band to me.

I'm sure it will be a good show but at those prices? One year I went to NYC for a week and saw five Beacon shows (I wouldn't recommend that 😊). I think I paid right around what they are charging to see the ABB five times for what they want for one. Heck this is more than the Madison Square Garden show.

😀

Well, I can read too and you asked "Who are they?" 😉

I just don't get what the big confusion is - it's another in a long line of ABB tribute shows that have taken place over the past few years. Alan Paul has been putting them on with Junior Mack and Andy Aledort around the northeast. Scott Sharrard did some for a while in the northeast and southeast. It's not a new thing.

But I agree, the prices, even for the Beacon, are way too high. I appreciate it's at the Beacon in March, but this should be at Brooklyn Bowl or the Iridium for $45.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 10:51 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Well, I can read too

You can read? From Wisconsin? I thought you just made cheese and drank beer. 😛 

Posted : January 5, 2022 11:09 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

You can read? From Wisconsin? I thought you just made cheese and drank beer. 😛 

Have to be able to read beer labels and road signs so we don't accidentally drive into FIB land 😉

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 11:36 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ticket Details
$279.30
$256.64
$245.31
$222.65
$211.32
$194.90

I think we are being too hard on them for the ticket prices. Evidently those prices are for the tickets with a merch swag bundle.

You can get 2nd row center orchestra seats for $70.50 less fees on Ticketmaster right now using the PEACH50 presale code.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005B9DD684148C

Oddly the Loge seats are $10 higher than primo Orchestra seats but upper balcony can be had for as  little as $40.50 if you just want to get in the door.

For those ticket prices I would love to see them come to the Boston Orpheum theater as it seems like a very talented band.

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:18 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bill_graham that makes waaaay more sense. You read best.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:20 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@porkchopbob I reed reel goud..........for a Packer fan

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:28 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

This post got me thinking of extended family ABB members. I have not heard Junior Macks name thrown around here in quite awhile. Is he still In Jamoies band? It seems like with his history and talent he would be involved in such projects. 

It might be pretty cool to have a night of Trouble No More, Big Band Of Brothers and Allman Family revival do a show together at the Beacon.

Here are the tour dates for Big Band Of Brothers

https://www.bigbandofbrothers.com/tour

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:32 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:35 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@jszfunk 

Junior Mack seems to have kept busy. He just played a Gregg tribute at Levon's barn in December, and was on Broadway last fall in Lackawanna Blues with Ruben Santiago-Hudson. And he's always a part of the Friends of the Brothers shows.

I haven't seen Jaimoe's band tour much, which is understandable, but he's playing some of those Big Band shows. I think his band just assembles when there's a show.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 12:52 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Here's a throwback thread featuring a lot of these folks with Chuck and Karl Denson jamming on some Traffic

https://allmanbrothersband.com/community/general-chat-anything-goes/karl-denson-w-chuck-and-roosevelt-collier/

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 5, 2022 1:07 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

@porkchopbob  Thanks for the update on JM.

Posted : January 5, 2022 1:19 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Here's a throwback thread featuring a lot of these folks with Chuck and Karl Denson jamming on some Traffic

https://allmanbrothersband.com/community/general-chat-anything-goes/karl-denson-w-chuck-and-roosevelt-collier/

Very cool. Karl is a great player. Always like what he brings to the table.

Posted : January 5, 2022 1:21 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
rationalrebel
(@rationalrebel)
Estimable Member

Interesting compilation of players.

Daniel Donato is out of Nashville, from the Don Kelley school following the likes of Brent Mason, Guthrie Trapp, etc. Major Tele burner, haven't seen him play any Allmans personally. 

Peter Levin was in Gregg's band on keys.

Roosevelt Collier is a steel player not dissimilar to Robert Randolph. Long been in the Lee Boys that often played with Wanee and collaborated with Oteil. 

Taz is a young(er) guitarist that has collaborated with Col Bruce and a lot of the circle on various projects, including the recent movie 'Here Comes Rusty'. 

Lamar I trust most people are familiar with; recently sang in Les Brers (really wish they'd do something again in some capacity)

Jack Ryan is drummer with Marcus King Band and I believe studied under Jeff Sipe.

Don't know much about the other drummer or bassist. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by rationalrebel

Posted : January 5, 2022 1:40 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: