The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Jethro Tull / Benefit 50th anniversary reissue

jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/jethro-tull-benefit-50th-anniversary-reissue/

Topic starter Posted : October 13, 2021 9:29 am
matt05
(@matt05)
Ultimate Peach

these tull releases have been really spectacular. i know bands that were much more popular than tull doing less than this

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2021 7:11 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

I always loved the Benefit record.  Tull was still a rock and roll band then, before they became a progressive rock band with records like Thick As A Brick and A Passion Play.  And the songs on Benefit are very strong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2021 8:33 pm
jszfunk liked
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

Looks interesting, especially the live material

I love that album

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2021 11:06 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @robslob

I always loved the Benefit record.  Tull was still a rock and roll band then, before they became a progressive rock band with records like Thick As A Brick and A Passion Play.  And the songs on Benefit are very strong.

I agree. I have stated this many times on here but the first three JT are my fav. Loved the progression you can hear from rock /blues/jazz band into the progressive stylings towards they're third release. Martin Barre was a game changer when he came into band and helped forged Ian's vision. Dont get me wrong. I loved Abrahams playing, but Martin was just on a different level. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 15, 2021 11:09 pm
robslob liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I have all of the Steven Wilson 5.1 remasters for Tull, Yes and King Crimson.   They are all amazing.  You hear things you never heard before - especially in the Tull remasters.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2021 11:18 pm
matt05 liked
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

@sang Looking at the track listing for this and some of  Wilsons other Tull stuff is kinda overwhelming, with all of these different mixes he does. I am sure its very good, but  I am not much of an audiophile, nor do I have the upper tier sound system to play them on. So , for me its kinda useless. I am just in in for different versions, unreleased, rare and live tracks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 15, 2021 11:47 pm
matt05 liked
DarylM
(@darylm)
Peach Master

This would have been an automatic purchase for me but as

it was being announced I was receiving the Tanglewood show

(which I had wanted for years). It is my favourite live Tull and

has several minutes of Bill Graham talking at the end (which

won't be on the new version). Benefit is my go-to Jethro album

even after all these years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2021 1:48 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Thanks for motivating me to pull my remastered Benefit CD (including bonus cuts) off of the rack.  Spun it this morning for the first time in years.  I had forgotten what a GREAT record it really is.  Ian's writing is just magical on this.  And so is Barre's guitar playing, just as you mentioned Scott.  He was a HUGE part of the Tull success story for sure.  I'm not going to get the new release, the one I have is a sterling mix.

This post was modified 2 days ago 2 times by robslob
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2021 2:28 pm
matt05 liked
Share: