Clear all

Active bands with no founders involved

37 Posts
19 Users
6 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@rusty:  "I personally think that the music that the Stones made while he was with them was their finest."
Meaning Mick Taylor of course.  If anyone wants documentation of how good Taylor was, pick up the DVD "Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" which is live documentation of the Exile On Main Street tour.  Taylor just goes OFF all over that show...........

Posted : March 8, 2021 9:36 am
Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Posted by: @robslob

@rusty:  "I personally think that the music that the Stones made while he was with them was their finest."
Meaning Mick Taylor of course.  If anyone wants documentation of how good Taylor was, pick up the DVD "Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" which is live documentation of the Exile On Main Street tour.  Taylor just goes OFF all over that show...........

Amen!  Taylor is an amazing, fluid guitarist - tasty, sweet and sometimes even sublime licks.  This doesn't take anything from Ron Wood or Keith Richards - both great players, themselves.  "Keef" was already a fine guitar player in his own right.  When Taylor left, he upped his own game considerably - not so unlike Dickey when Duane died.  Ron and Keith together create some of the finest guitar interplay in rock and roll!  "The ancient art of weaving", Keith calls it.

Posted : March 8, 2021 9:50 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I was surprised at how many of these bands are still around with none of their founders. Thanks!

Billastro

Posted : March 8, 2021 2:27 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @stephen

Love the Seldom Scene, their 20th anniversary show rocks - the Kingston Trio, another folk band from that period/of that ilk, went on as that for awhile after Bob Shane retired, IIRC -

think it’s that way for Tucker too, altho Doug sits in every so often -

also TYAfter right? after Alvin passed? 

Here's an excerpt from their 20th anniversary CD:

Mike Auldridge was the Duane Allman of the Dobro.

Billastro

Posted : March 8, 2021 2:29 pm
Stephen reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

“Mike Auldridge was the Duane Allman of the Dobro”

👌yes sir - thanks for that Bill, that’s among the 1st CDs I ever bought

Posted : March 8, 2021 3:43 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

@stephen You're welcome.

tela.sugarmegs and YouTube have a boatload of Mike's music. Take's bluegrass channel (on YT) will get you a lot of his session work; much has never been released on CD.

Posted : March 8, 2021 8:37 pm
Stephen reacted
fender31
(@fender31)
Noble Member

Quiet Riot.

Posted : March 9, 2021 8:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: