The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

First Set : An Evening with the Allman Brothers vinyl

allbrosca
(@allbrosca)
Peach Bud

This was one of the Record Store Day drops in October last year on 2 different colours of vinyl limited to 1,000 copies eac(Orange White swirl and Blue Black swirl if I recall).  I was unable to get it at that time, but I think it was listed as a first release with the actual release coming in January 2021.  Anyone know what happened to it?

Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 6:14 pm
bird72
(@bird72)
A Peach Supreme

I would keep checking ebay or discogs for ones floating out there.  No idea on the 2021 question.

On a related note, I was curious what 90's ABB albums were originally released on vinyl.  Seven Turns was last US release, and Shades of Two Worlds came out in Europe only on vinyl.  No vinyl after that release.  As a completist I got a Seven Turns.  I will say that sonically, being a digital master, the vinyl sounds no different than the CD.  Cool to have the large graphic cover format though.  I may get a Shades one for same reason.  Probably have to buy from Europe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 10:59 am
allbrosca
(@allbrosca)
Peach Bud

@bird72 you can get Shades of Two Worlds on vinyl from Friday Music and also Seven Turns and Back Where It All Begins.  Link here https://www.fridaymusic.com/search/?storeId=4116&includeArtistSearch=false&searchTerm=allman   There may also be other sources.  You can also find it on Amazon, which also had Hittin' the Note.   

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 11:10 am
bird72
(@bird72)
A Peach Supreme

@allbrosca, yes thanks.  I was referring to original releases vinyl.  Much of this older stuff is reissued on vinyl now.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 11:48 am
Share: