The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Launched a new blog. First posts includes James Taylor, Johnny Copleand, Billy Strings

AlPaul
(@alpaul)
A Peach Supreme

Sick of giving all my best material to Zuck.

Join me here. Read and if you like sign up for email updates.

https://alanpaul.substack.com/p/rolling-with-the-punches?r=fls&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

Topic starter Posted : March 4, 2021 9:23 pm
Rusty liked
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

Nice!

I followed the links to the interview with Shemekiah. Enjoyed that one too

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 6:55 am
steved
(@steved)
Extreme Peach

Funny, last night I was just thinking that I haven't noticed anything on this site by Alan Paul in a while. What got my to think that was the fact that the 50 year anniversary of At Fillmore East is coming up next week and it would be great (probably impossible) to hear an interview with Jaimoe and Dickey reflecting on it. 

Woke up this morning and find this post! As Bernie Parent would say, it's a beautiful thing. 

As always Al, nice work. Enjoyed your Copeland story and Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Paul. 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 8:55 am
AlPaul
(@alpaul)
A Peach Supreme

@steved Thanks. I've interviewed Dickey and Jaimoe plenty about fillmore and they don't say all that much new! Good day to share some stuff though, I suppose.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 4:58 pm
AlPaul
(@alpaul)
A Peach Supreme

@stormyrider Thanks. She's very cool. a lot of fun to talk to. Got a nice note from her last night. She read the story and loved it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 4:59 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

cool!

I saw her open for Susan a while back and thought she was great.

I really enjoy her last 2 cds. I was shocked after reading the credits that she doesn't write her own lyrics. You touched on this in the interview, but I guess the people she works with can really get in her head. Amazing. Great stuff. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 6:15 pm
AlPaul
(@alpaul)
A Peach Supreme

@stormyrider Yeah. Her main lyricist is JOhn Han, her manager, who was also Johnny's manager. He's known her her whole life/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 8:58 pm
Share: