Nice Duane Betts Interview

redhouse1969
(@redhouse1969)
Extreme Peach
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

Thanks for sharing Red, great read.

I forgot to post this when I got the magazine originally but there is a great interview with Duane and Devon in the February issue of Vintage Guitar mag.

You may still be able to find it on the newsstand as the March issue just arrived in my mail this past week.

Or you can order it online

https://store.vintageguitar.com/february-2021.html

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Bill_Graham
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 2:20 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @bill_graham

The interview is a podcast 😉

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 2:27 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@porkchopbob, yes of course I meant listen, I was thinking read related to the interview in the VG mag 😀 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Bill_Graham
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 2:59 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @bill_graham

I forgot to post this when I got the magazine originally but there is a great interview with Duane and Devon in the February issue of Vintage Guitar mag.

You may still be able to find it on the newsstand as the March issue just arrived in my mail this past week.

Or you can order it online

https://store.vintageguitar.com/february-2021.html

Thanks for the heads up. Will order it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 9:02 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

Man ,Berry is almost a spitting image of  Jeffrey Dean Morgan

This post was modified 1 month ago by jszfunk
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 9:04 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
A Peach Supreme

Enjoyed the Duane Betts interview.  I appreciate them not wanting to play too many ABB songs and have their own identity.  They do need to have their own footprint.  Their name maybe doesn't support that. 

And Johnny is the only one not playing guitars that belonged to their father. 

Berry has the Fender " tractor" bass. Dickey gave that to him and insisted he join the Allman Brothers on their tour in 1989. Dickey has often said that everytime he does an interview and the Allman Brothers comes up he always points out how important to their sound was Berry Oakley but often it doesn't get printed. 

Devon has all 42 of Gregg Allman's guitars with about 10 with him on tour. 

Duane Betts has four of Dickey's when I saw them twice last year. Blacksburg before Covid and Roanoke in October.  Roanoke was outdoors with social distancing at Dr. Pepper park.  Duane used an old Martin acoustic. Mostly a Les Paul Goldtop Dickey Betts signature  custom that was Dickey's number one in early 2000s. And on a couple of songs Dickey's 1961 Gibson ES-335 and Dickey's 1956 Strat hardtail.  I saw the 56 Strat up close in Blacksburg and was surprised by how badly it has road wear. I think Dickey bought it in 1981 for rhythm guitar in the studio. Between 1956 and 1981 someone wore it out!! When Dickey used it as his number one from 1997 to 2000 Dickey had a hot rail pickup in the neck position.  It's all single coils now. Duane said he wanted it to sound like a Fender and a Jerry Garcia sound.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 10:09 am
Share: