Clear all

Thank you all for your help!!! Loved NY

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
gypsystarr
(@gypsystarr)
Topic starter

I am so sorry for the long post I just had too much to say.........

I would like to thank all of you for the great information you gave me. We flew into La Guardia and stayed at the NYLO. We packed a lot in the time we were there and wished we could have stay longer.

I am not a fan of big cities, in fact I live in the country. I was born and raised in Detroit and if I had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing. I get the feeling of being at home when I'm downtown, I still love this city and always will.

I have been to other big cities around the country and it was fun, but I can honestly say New York is the best. I love NYC we had a ball and when we asked for help New Yorkers were awesome. I had heard that New Yorkers are rude, but I didn't find any evidence of that, in fact if anyone was rude it was the some of the people visiting. I don't know how New Yorkers put up with them, they are inconsiderate, rude, obnoxious, pushy,and self serving.

I would love to live there, it's true the city never sleeps, it's vibrant and exciting. We loved the subway and rode it everywhere, it didn't take long to learn how to maneuver around, will definitely visit again and again.

Ground Zero was a sobering experience, I thought I understood what New Yorkers felt but in reality I had no clue. Our neighbors daughter was on the plane that hit the Pentagon, she was a young Stewardess full of life. We spent the day there read, heard, and seen so many things that I was over whelmed with sadness, it was hard to control the tears. I had a difficult time watching the videos and hearing all the stories from survivors. New Yorkers are amazing, strong and determined.

The concert was unbelievable, the people, the setting, the music, it was a great time that I will never forget.

My parents were immigrants, went to Ellis Island, found their names and the ship they came in on in the 1920's and the Statue of Liberty was awe inspiring. I remember my father telling us that we should thank God every day for being born in this country, and I do.

For me the whole experience was unforgettable. I love NYC!!!

Again sorry for the long post and thank you very much, Maria

[Edited on 11/17/2014 by gypsystarr]

Posted : November 16, 2014 3:29 pm
bump827
(@bump827)
Estimable Member

NYC can be daunting but for those of us that were born and raised here there is no other city on earth that calls to me the same. I'm glad you had a good time.

Posted : November 18, 2014 6:12 pm
merisongbird
(@merisongbird)

I agree with Alan. Even as much as it's changed since I was born and raised there, New York calls me home each time I step off the train. In so many ways, a more comfortable place to be than any other.

Posted : November 19, 2014 6:15 am
vteye
(@vteye)
Eminent Member

2nd gypsy thoughts, we also had a great trip into the city. My first other than a couple quick day trips. People were great,very friendly and eager to assist. Better than typical Boston or Montreal where I generally go. I also live in the country rural VT and found NYC easy to navigate via subway, bus etc . Food was great of course the Beacon lived up to all the prior hype.

Posted : November 19, 2014 10:42 am
gypsystarr
(@gypsystarr)
Topic starter

My sister is going there December 15th, oh how I wish I could go. I bet NY is absolutely beautiful at Christmas time. New Yorkers you have a very impressive city, I can't wait to come visit again.

Posted : November 28, 2014 8:31 pm
gypsystarr
(@gypsystarr)
Topic starter

My sister is going there December 15th, oh how I wish I could go. I bet NY is absolutely beautiful at Christmas time. New Yorkers you have a very impressive city, I can't wait to come visit again.

Posted : November 28, 2014 8:31 pm
bump827
(@bump827)
Estimable Member

Gov't Mule does a run every 12/30 and 31 at The Beacon. You have days to see the city and stay out of Midtown on NYE. Although I know it's an expensive time of year hotel wise

Posted : December 1, 2014 8:14 pm
Share: