FIRST Song they Ever Played LIVE?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
davefr
(@davefr)
Topic starter

does anyone know?

TNM was last so it got me to thinking ..what was the VERY first song ABB Ever played lived?!

thx in advance

Posted : December 6, 2014 7:40 am
CB
 CB
(@cb)
Estimable Member

It was also the first song as commented by Gregg during the last show.

Butch called it "the bookends"

Posted : December 6, 2014 7:50 am
davefr
(@davefr)
Topic starter

I thought that gregg said that TNM was the first song they Rehearsed together -i was looking for the First song they Ever played Live

Posted : December 6, 2014 8:28 am
WarEagleRK
(@wareaglerk)
Noble Member

The earliest setlist noted on this page is from 5/4/69 in Macon and the first song played was "Black Hearted Woman". However there were a few shows played before then.

It's likely nobody really knows/remembers what the opening track was from their first actual gig. I don't recall reading it in any of the books that I've read about the band.

Posted : December 8, 2014 11:58 am
Browntrout
(@browntrout)

The earliest setlist noted on this page is from 5/4/69 in Macon and the first song played was "Black Hearted Woman". However there were a few shows played before then.

It's likely nobody really knows/remembers what the opening track was from their first actual gig. I don't recall reading it in any of the books that I've read about the band.

False, The very first song the ABB ever played live on 3/26/69 was indeed "Trouble No More" Gregg actually said this on stage on 10/28/14 (final show) before they played it one last time as the final song ever performed by the ABB. The "old became new" on that final night.

Posted : December 8, 2014 3:42 pm
tbomike
(@tbomike)
Noble Member

False, The very first song the ABB ever played live on 3/26/69 was indeed "Trouble No More" Gregg actually said this on stage on 10/28/14 (final show) before they played it one last time as the final song ever performed by the ABB. The "old became new" on that final night.

This discussion is about what the 1st song played at a live gig and not the first song they played with Gregg at the 3/26/1969 rehearsal.

Posted : December 8, 2014 4:05 pm
WarEagleRK
(@wareaglerk)
Noble Member

False back at you, their first concert wasn't 3/26/69. That was the date Gregg first joined the band in rehearsal and "Trouble No More" was the first song they worked on in rehearsal. It could not be the first song they played live in concert a few days later, but that is what the original poster is asking about.

Posted : December 8, 2014 5:17 pm
Share: