did anybody notice any pro style DVD/ Blu ray cameras on 10/28/14

27 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
14.8 K Views
Bob31
(@bob31)
Topic starter

I'm wondering if anybody saw any pro recording going on at the last show.
Given the quality of the performance, I can't imagine why the band would not want to document this performance in this way. If not for the fans (yeah, I know), for themselves and their legacy?
Any opinions? Thanks.

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:08 pm
mikesolo
(@mikesolo)
Honorable Member

I looked but did not see any. Just high end still photographers

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:39 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Reputable Member

I doubt it. When they recorded those 2003 shows for the DVD is was very obvious: there were guys with giant cameras walking around onstage and in the wings and I think they had to adjust some seating in the theater. Nobody mentioned any of that happening last night.

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:44 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

it was suppose to happen last night and monday but apparently it fell through.............

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:53 pm
zep41
(@zep41)

There is always an in house video/audio feed. Just like what they used for the 40th Anniversary DVD that was released earlier this year.

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:53 pm
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

i dont think there's an "in house" video feed........

the 40th anniversary dvd was done using the moogis stuff, i believe..........

Posted : October 29, 2014 12:59 pm
filmmajor
(@filmmajor)
Trusted Member

They did not video record last night. I didn't see any film permits outside and I didn't see any cameras inside.

Posted : October 29, 2014 1:09 pm
WarEagleRK
(@wareaglerk)
Noble Member

That's a shame. Another missed opportunity from the dysfunctional management of this band.

Posted : October 29, 2014 1:11 pm
adsva
(@adsva)
Trusted Member

They did not video record last night. I didn't see any film permits outside and I didn't see any cameras inside.

Very disappointing, especially for those of us who couldn't be there.

Posted : October 29, 2014 1:41 pm
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

Here's to hoping that the band filmed the final Beacon show, and eventually releases it on DVD.

Posted : October 29, 2014 3:11 pm
DOVETAIL
(@dovetail)
Reputable Member

Would love to look forward to something of a companion piece to the set released from 2003 run (sometimes called 'Brothers on Broadway") but no one in the organizaion obviously committed enought to such a project to make it happen...

Posted : October 29, 2014 3:55 pm
LowLiver
(@lowliver)
Eminent Member

I saw no cameras last night. If their is video it is not pro shot.

Posted : October 29, 2014 4:21 pm
tbone65
(@tbone65)

Posted : October 29, 2014 10:14 pm
zep41
(@zep41)

There is an in house video feed at the Beacon. Have you been to any Beacon shows when they display Derek playing on the big screen and Duane kind of "superimposed" playing beside him? That is live video feed from the Beacon.

Posted : October 30, 2014 6:10 am
TheGuru
(@theguru)
Trusted Member

Hopefully, Alan Paul was at the last show waring a GoPro camera Krazy Glued to a helmet.

Posted : October 30, 2014 6:47 am
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

There is an in house video feed at the Beacon. Have you been to any Beacon shows when they display Derek playing on the big screen and Duane kind of "superimposed" playing beside him? That is live video feed from the Beacon.

No......that's video that the brotherhood of light is doing...

And all they do is set up a small camera on the side of the stage.....

That is not an "in house video feed from the beacon".....

Posted : October 30, 2014 8:56 am
absnj
(@absnj)
Reputable Member

There's a fixed camera mounted in front of the loge used to feed video backstage. No zooms, just a full stage view. I am sure it could be recorded, but even if it was, it would never be released.

Posted : October 30, 2014 9:59 am
Brosicle
(@brosicle)
Trusted Member

Posted : October 30, 2014 10:12 am
Labrat
(@labrat)

I was sitting in the seat directly behind Alan Paul, and unfortunately he was not wearing a helmet, therefor no GoPro.

However, from a interview from a Boston based DJ (WZLX), Carter Alan:

"Carter added that he saw cameras filming from the side of the stage, so there will likely be some documentation of the show coming out in some form."

So maybe there is a sliver of hope here?

Posted : October 30, 2014 4:14 pm
JDDjd
(@jddjd)

That's a shame. Another missed opportunity from the dysfunctional management of this band.

What???

Posted : October 30, 2014 8:40 pm
jqphoto
(@jqphoto)

If it's true and this wasn't filmed - at least to have it if they approved it - is unbelievable. IHMO truly unforgivable, given 45 years of fans, the majority could not be at the Beacon that night (or the night before).

I get it's their choice, but come on. It's 2014 - digital technology is not nearly as expensive as film (wasn't the Beacon wired for filming during their remodel? Moogis had written something about this.). And if it really did "fall through", that's almost even more sad. I've never heard of a major band having missed such an historic show being filmed / documented... Wow.

Posted : October 30, 2014 8:41 pm
dbx166
(@dbx166)

If it's true and this wasn't filmed - at least to have it if they approved it - is unbelievable. IHMO truly unforgivable, given 45 years of fans, the majority could not be at the Beacon that night (or the night before).

I get it's their choice, but come on. It's 2014 - digital technology is not nearly as expensive as film (wasn't the Beacon wired for filming during their remodel? Moogis had written something about this.). And if it really did "fall through", that's almost even more sad. I've never heard of a major band having missed such an historic show being filmed / documented... Wow.

Well, going back to prehistoric times, Genesis never filmed The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour in 74/75 and if that wasn't one for the ages, as it was Peter Gabriel's last tour, even in 1974-75 where they played 100 shows, you'd think they could have gotten it together. But their management is about as dysfunctional as ABB's, as both tours/shows represented an historic end of an era and certainly should have been documented with film/video . . .

[Edited on 10/31/2014 by dbx166]

Posted : October 30, 2014 10:46 pm
abbmountainjam
(@abbmountainjam)

Although not pro shot, all 6 final shows were filmed using a three camera setup (left,center,right) on the balcony ledge. Sure those will make their way out when the time is right.

Posted : October 31, 2014 6:07 am
BadLittleDoggie2
(@badlittledoggie2)
Trusted Member

No DVD of the final show would be a sin

Posted : October 31, 2014 11:28 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Well, going back to prehistoric times, Genesis never filmed The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour in 74/75 and if that wasn't one for the ages, as it was Peter Gabriel's last tour, even in 1974-75 where they played 100 shows, you'd think they could have gotten it together. But their management is about as dysfunctional as ABB's, as both tours/shows represented an historic end of an era and certainly should have been documented with film/video . . .

[Edited on 10/31/2014 by dbx166]

As far as we know there is not as complete proshot Genesis Lamb show but there is some proshot video from that tour and a boot label has released a DVD which mixes proshot with audience shot footage sync'd to one of the several SB's from that tour to try to reconstruct a complete Lambs show. I have never seen this but have always wanted a copy.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rare-genesis-the-lamb-lies-down-on-broadway-live-dvd-49117926

Posted : October 31, 2014 11:39 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Although not pro shot, all 6 final shows were filmed using a three camera setup (left,center,right) on the balcony ledge. Sure those will make their way out when the time is right.

Sweet look forward to this surfacing. Any idea who shot it?

Posted : October 31, 2014 11:46 am
kevinumberger
(@kevinumberger)
Estimable Member

Sweet look forward to this surfacing. Any idea who shot it?

these cameras werent manned....

and i think they were the HTN cameras....

i kept seeing the HTN still photographer near these both friday and saturday nights.....

Posted : October 31, 2014 11:56 am
Share: