Prince now murder investigation

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
jerryphilbob
(@jerryphilbob)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

This is what happens when you try to get out of the "club".

No will? Right.

Prince was bypassing the system ... that won't do.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ist-rights

He also explored other distribution means. Fans buying tickets to his 2004 concert tour received a copy of new album Musicology (this resulted in Billboard and Nielsen Music revising their policy on albums bundled with tickets). In 2007, he gave away Planet Earth to 2 million readers of the Sunday edition of U.K. ­newspaper The Mail.

Prince, Minneapolis, and a Public Wake: Finding the Man in the Stories of a City

He was relentless in his pursuit of getting his music to his fans in a way that he felt still allowed for proper compensation. To that end, in July 2015, he pulled his songs from all streaming ­services except for Tidal, which exclusively released his last two albums, HITnRUN Phase One and HITnRUN Phase Two, in 2015.

"He opened the door for artists to be more free ­thinking about how they want their music to come out," says Stiffelman.

No doubt, had he lived, Prince would have continued to push up against the status quo. As he said in his 2004 induction speech at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, "When I first started out in the music industry, I was most concerned with freedom. Freedom to produce, freedom to play all the instruments on my records, freedom to say anything I wanted to." That obsession remained until the end.

Posted : April 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Share: