Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am heartbroken

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7759662/gregg-allman-dead

RIP GA and condolences to his family and friends

Posted : May 27, 2017 11:28 am
bocat
(@bocat)

It was a good ride and I am glad I was along for it!

Posted : May 27, 2017 12:04 pm
chucknc
(@chucknc)

Sad day indeed.

Posted : May 27, 2017 12:11 pm
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

I hope he can be put to rest along side his brother Duane and Berry Oakley.

Posted : May 27, 2017 12:30 pm
MDolphin
(@mdolphin)

no finer musician and God fearing man than Gregory Lenoir Allman. From the Beacon to the Northeast, he was 'on' each time I saw him with or without his brothers. I miss him already and will forever.

Posted : May 27, 2017 12:37 pm
pawnflyer
(@pawnflyer)
Eminent Member

Seared into my memory is my first ever concert, The Gregg Allman Tour. I took a chance on the day of the show and drove up by myself to the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, they had a single seat available in the front row to the left of the stage right in front of Gregg. Good fortune has smiled on me throughout my life and that show forever has been an example. Thank you Gregg for that show and all your music, I will forever be one of your greatest fans. Rest In Peace with brother Duane now my friend. Dennis

[Edited on 5/28/2017 by pawnflyer]

Posted : May 27, 2017 2:27 pm
tsnantucket
(@tsnantucket)

RIP Gregg - today I too am heartbroken.

You gave us so much so thank you for all the great memories and most of all for the music. The greatest band of all time - you were the best of the best. Condolences to all of the Allman family and friends and to all brothers and sisters everywhere. The road goes on forever.

Posted : May 28, 2017 5:36 am
jimmyjam
(@jimmyjam)
Trusted Member

RIP Gregg 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

Posted : May 28, 2017 7:53 am
crixus
(@crixus)

I've been to a lot of rock concerts in my 57 years, but the best one I ever went to was the ABB show at the San Diego Ampitheater in 1981. They rocked it for over 4 hours. And it was awesome! Rest in peace Gregg, you earned it.

Posted : May 29, 2017 2:02 pm
Jim_B
(@jim_b)

I've been to a lot of rock concerts in my 57 years, but the best one I ever went to was the ABB show at the San Diego Ampitheater in 1981. They rocked it for over 4 hours. And it was awesome! Rest in peace Gregg, you earned it.

For my first ABB show, I saw the same lineup in 1982 at the USF Sundome in FL and was similarly impressed. I became aware of this site thanks to a link in a discussion on FB about live versions of "Not my Cross To Bear" with Duane, and registered. After logging in for the first time this is the first thread I read, and the first post has a link that mentions Butch Trucks having committed suicide in January, which was news to me also. Another friend recommended an early ABB show at Syria Mosque, which was finally Good news to me: May their music live on forever...

Posted : May 29, 2017 4:24 pm
DOVETAIL
(@dovetail)
Reputable Member

Nicely pesonalized homage to the man here: https://glidemagazine.com/185335/gregg-allman-1947-2017-11-memorable-east-shows-southernbluesjamrock-legend/

Posted : May 30, 2017 6:47 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

Warren Haynes Talks Gregg Allman's Influence, Struggles and Enduring Legacy

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/warren-haynes-on-gregg-allmans-influence-struggles-and-legacy-w484716

Posted : May 30, 2017 12:27 pm
musicalcompanion
(@musicalcompanion)

“Once more we’re cheating on the reaper
With all the gypsy still in our souls
Cause I know there’s a God up in heaven
Who must love rock n roll”

A nice line from GA's solo record.
G.A. may be gone, his live performances will be missed for certain.
However, fans of the band will be forever grateful for his music.
We have lost one of the greatest musicians to grace our planet.
May all the family, friends and fans find peace in their hearts.
May he Rest in peace & reunite with the souls who have gone before him.
Long live the music of The Allman Brothers Band.

Posted : May 30, 2017 2:38 pm
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

Rest in peace Gregg. Your music changed my mother's life, my life, and the lives of my friends and family members. Thank you for all the joy and happiness you brought to us and millions of other fans of your music through the decades.

Posted : May 30, 2017 3:41 pm
GreyDog
(@greydog)

Thank you Gregg - your contributions to the joy brought into my life with your music were top of the list.
Fortunately I and others will get to keep enjoying your magic as long as we're here.
Rest In Peace

Posted : June 2, 2017 5:18 am
Migueldawson
(@migueldawson)

It's been a while since i don't post in this forum. Y'all know, life.

i just wanted to share with you my condolences for brother Gregg and show my respect to him for being the soundtrack of my life and one of my absolute heroes.

Me and Gregg in Spain (2011)

Thank you so much Gregg.

P.D.: It's been so cool to see in tv (youtube) the Gregg's Angels message in the Macon funeral.

Posted : June 5, 2017 7:06 am
jimmyjam
(@jimmyjam)
Trusted Member

R.I.P. Gregg

Posted : May 27, 2019 9:30 am
Rogue_Preacher
(@rogue_preacher)

Broke my heart as well when I read the news.

Gregg was one of my main Heroes - and I only have a few.
I was very impressed with the way he had turned his life around, and his refusal to allow the multiple tragedies in his life to dampen his spirit impressed me even more.

[Edited on 12/17/2019 by Rogue_Preacher]

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Rogue_Preacher

Posted : December 16, 2019 4:40 pm
Share: