4 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/too-much-mayo-sandwich-1-023354127.html

I know there is SO much of this going on and yeah, I AM SICK OF IT, TOO.  But for putting too much mayo on a sandwich..........YOU LOSE YOUR LIFE?  Other employee is in the hospital, critically wounded.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by robslob

Posted : June 27, 2022 6:04 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

The sickest part of this whole story is that this type of bad behavior happens on a regular basis.  There is a Chick-Fil-A in my neighborhood that I frequent.  A little over a year ago a drive-thru customer tried to hand his coffee back through the window - demanding that the server (cashier?) add creamer.  When the server offered the customer packets of creamer, the customer angrily threw the cup at the server - causing scalding burns.  The customer was apprehended.  Even at that point, he insisted that his anger and actions were justifiable because the server wouldn't meet his demands.  Only when he "lawyered up" did he begin to show any contrition.  The server is one of the nicest and kindest people you'd ever meet.  

I often wonder if we've just not come off our hinges as a society.  Why do some people feel the need and justification to act out in this manner?  

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Rusty

Posted : June 28, 2022 8:06 am
robslob and cyclone88 reacted
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

We most certainly have become unhinged as a society. Entitlement & the use of force to get what we want or when we feel disrespected (when slighted is the appropriate term) is normal to a lot of people. 

Too much mayo? Coffee creamer? Who are these people?

Posted : June 28, 2022 9:34 am
Rusty and robslob reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, that really is crazy! When I was in high school I worked my way up to manage a Burger King. One night I was helping out the girl working the drive thru. If you've never worked a fast food drive thru at 2:00 AM you don't know what you are missing.

So one night I took some orders and this one car I could tell might be a problem. Well, two cars behind them were two cops. I told them over the intercom about this car. So this guy pulls up and he's livid for whatever reason. He was f***ed up, hence the reason. He ends up throwing two huge glasses of Mountain Dew at me through the window and drove off without paying. I jumped out of the window (they were really big) and chased the car before they could get out to the street. The cops came out and stopped them. The cops came back and I let them in the building and they said there was nothing they could do. The reason was that I wasn't technically assaulted because apparently Mountain Dew is not a weapon. Thankfully it wasn't coffee as in Rusty's story.

I have a lot of stories from my time there but that one takes the cake.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : June 29, 2022 3:32 pm
Share: