THE ROLLING STONES To Release 50th-Anniversary Show As 'Grrr Live!' Album

10 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-rolling-stones-to-release-50th-anniversary-show-as-grrr-live-album

THE ROLLING STONES have announced the release of "Grrr Live!" , the definitive live hits album from the band's career. Released on February 10 via Mercury Studios, the album will be available in various formats; 3LP black, 3LP colored white (Indies exclusive) 3LP red (d2c exclusive),2CD, DVD + 2CD, BluRay+ 2CD. The Blu-ray and digital versions will include Dolby Atmos.

The best live band in the world deserve the ultimate live greatest hits album and "Grrr Live!" is it, THE STONES at their best. The album features some of the greatest songs of all time, including "It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)" , "Honky Tonk Women", "Start Me Up", "Gimme Shelter", "Sympathy For The Devil" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction".

THE ROLLING STONES celebrated their golden anniversary in 2012 and 2013 by embarking on the "50 & Counting" tour, a 30-show itinerary for North America and Europe. On December 15, 2012, the band took the stage at Newark, New Jersey's Prudential Center for the final of four shows in the New York area. Featuring guest appearances by THE BLACK KEYS ("Who Do You Love?"),Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer ("Going Down"),Lady Gaga ("Gimme Shelter"),Mick Taylor ("Midnight Rambler") and hometown hero Bruce Springsteen ("Tumbling Dice"),the concert proved to be one of the most memorable shows in the band's history.

Since its original airing on pay-per-view in 2012, this show has not been available to fans until now. The concert has been re-edited and the audio has been remixed. Three songs from the December 13 show (also in Newark) will be available as bonus features on the DVD and Blu-ray: "Respectable" (with John Mayer),"Around And Around" and "Gimme Shelter".

"Grr Live!" track listing:

CD1

01. Get Off Of My Cloud
02. The Last Time
03. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
04. Paint It Black
05. Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)
06. Wild Horses
07. Going Down (with John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr)
08. Dead Flowers
09. Who Do You Love? (with The Black Keys)
10. Doom And Gloom
11. One More Shot
12. Miss You
13. Honky Tonk Women
14. Band Introductions

CD2

01. Before They Make Me Run
02. Happy
03. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
04. Start Me Up
05. Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen)
06. Brown Sugar
07. Sympathy For the Devil
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. Jumpin' Jack Flash
10. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : December 2, 2022 8:52 am
matt05 reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

That NJ show has been out on bootleg video and audio since it was first broadcast in excellent quality. Wish they would release more pre1981 concerts from the vault as these newer shows are ok but pretty vanilla IMHO

Posted : December 2, 2022 9:52 am
nebish reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @bill_graham

Wish they would release more pre1981 concerts from the vault as these newer shows are ok but pretty vanilla IMHO

Agree. The setlists are pretty much the same and maybe some small variations here and there. Gets kinda stale hearing the same old standards.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : December 2, 2022 12:25 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

I guess "Brown Sugar" was only partially cancelled? 

Posted : December 2, 2022 3:44 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yes, long time fans would love to see them do ones like Bitch, Sway, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, 100 Years Ago, Dancin w/Mr. D, Time Waits For No One, Fingerprint File, If You Can’t Rock Me, Crazy Mama, Hand of Fate, Shattered, Cool Calm Collected…….

the ones they play are the ones always played (to death) on the radio, Satisfaction, It’s Only Rock n Roll etc

Posted : December 2, 2022 8:21 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

its funny people want pre 1981 shows when they never changed the setlist the entire tour but complain a show with a few rarely played songs, yes covers though, is getting blasted

Posted : December 2, 2022 10:31 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @matt05

its funny people want pre 1981 shows when they never changed the setlist the entire tour but complain a show with a few rarely played songs, yes covers though, is getting blasted

It is not about the setlst mate but rather the performances.

Comparing the 1970's Stones to the band now is like comparing 1950's Elvis to the bloated 1970's Vegas Elvis. Both could play the songs but which one would you have rather seen in concert?

Posted : December 5, 2022 5:22 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@bill_graham 

and i get that but we have get your ya-yas, still life and love you live plus

brussels affair 10/17/73

some girls live in texas 7/18/78

hampton 12/18/81

checkerboard 11/22/81

leeds 7/25/82

el macambo 77

leeds 3/13/71

roundhouse 3/14/71

wembley 1982

ladies and gents 1972

7/11/75

7/13/75

looks like a ton of stuff already and only a handful of pre 1981 gigs left that most stones fan keep clamoring for . i don't see them releasing dozens of shows with the same setlist. thats not who the stones are

Posted : December 5, 2022 11:01 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @matt05

@bill_graham 

and i get that but we have get your ya-yas, still life and love you live plus

brussels affair 10/17/73

some girls live in texas 7/18/78

hampton 12/18/81

checkerboard 11/22/81

leeds 7/25/82

el macambo 77

leeds 3/13/71

roundhouse 3/14/71

wembley 1982

ladies and gents 1972

7/11/75

7/13/75

looks like a ton of stuff already and only a handful of pre 1981 gigs left that most stones fan keep clamoring for . i don't see them releasing dozens of shows with the same setlist. thats not who the stones are

And there are a good number of pre 1981 SB's quality concerts that have never been officially released. We never got the complete Roundhouse which some fan believe is a superior performance to Leeds. Also We know they still have the 1969 Baltimore and three MSG shows in multitrack they could release. They also evidently have the complete Altamont show which more than likely will never see the light of day as long as Mick and Keef are alive. They also may have multitracks from the 1972 tour for the aborted live album. We never got the complete 1973 Brussels concerts and there are SB tracks from several 1973 Europe concerts on bootleg. There are complete SB's from the 1973 Australia tour in circulation.

There is also rumored to be a collector who has the SB recording for the complete 1981 US tour as a good amount of those have already surfaced on bootleg. 

JMO but there is more pre 1981 stuff in the vaults and I don't think Mick worries about redundant set lists when picking these archive releases. From what I have read he is more concerned with quality of performance.

There is so much excellent SQ quality post 1989 concerts available in the collectors community I have little interest in new vault releases by the Vegas big band play by numbers modern Stones. For me the interesting live concerts are 1978 and earlier when they were putting out decent new music and the performances had some balls but YMMV.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : December 6, 2022 10:26 am
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@bill_graham 

oh theres way more pre 1982 stuff in the vault its how much of it will the stones want to put out. knebworth is a huge one on the release list for most fans. i want this and i'm guessing they have that in the vault . again though the stones seem to want releases that are different and have a video to release too

someone who usually is in the know says the stones weren't high on even putting out the live stuff in the super deluxe tattoo you set as they felt it was pretty much same old same old stuff from that tour and they already have released a few shows from that tour

Posted : December 7, 2022 12:24 am
Share: