The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Marcus King Trio Drive in Live show  

stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

Saw the Marcus King Trio last night and a social distanced ("safe six") drive in show at the Cheshire Fairgrounds in NH. Great show!

They had cars parked with 6 ft space between. You could set up chairs, tables, food, drinks whatever. Security was chill.

Music was great. Steve Campbell and Jack Ryan crushed it as usual on bass and drums. The set was heavy in covers with his own twist. Music was a combination of psychelic blues / jazz and power trio rock.  From what I remember, not in order, he played Skuttle Buttin (SRV), 5 Long years (Buddy Guy) Blues Jam with Change is Gonna Come lyrics, Take the Highway, Willie Dixon medly - I Just Wanna Make Love to You > jam with Red Baron tease > Hootchie Cootchie Man > I Just Wanna..., Keep Your Side Door Open, some new tunes, Always > drums. The encore had a jam that finished with Moby Dick. 

guitar people, he played a strat, LP, telecaster, and SG. He did not play his red ES 335. 

It was great to hear live music. As Marcus said, it was great to play in front of real people.

https://archive.org/details/mkb2020-09-05

Topic starter Posted : September 6, 2020 1:59 pm
funkyfitter
(@funkyfitter)
Peach Pro

I wanted to go to the Scranton, Pa. show tonight, but didn't want to buy tickets too early because of weather issues and it was too late for the wife to get off of work.  Glad you had a blast.   I'm really missing live music and really want to see Marcus for the first time.   Allman Betts is there in 2 weeks, but the same issues apply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 5:49 pm
mjallen
(@mjallen)
Peach Pro

Checking this show out now and it's a great capture and full of energy.  Great band!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2020 7:40 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

i'm listening to the next night from Scranton (9/06). Great so far.

there's a Mountain Jam segment in the middle of Cherie Berry before he hits 25 or 6 to 4

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 8, 2020 8:28 am
Share: