Seeing Things = $510

Hard to Handle w/ Meet and Greet = $385

Twice As Hard = $260

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2021 9:54 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

I kinda chuckled a "meet and greet" and "photo op" with these guys, given their history, OH well...I guess money talks.

I said this last year when they planned the tour and I kinda feel the same, but I think they may have been thinking to big when booking these sheds. They are playing the local one here just outside of Indy and it holds 25,000. No I dont expect them to sell it out, but if they get 10,000 or more I will be surprised. I love the Crowes, but I  just thought they were shooting kinda big on this tour.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 16, 2021 1:50 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I wonder if Steve Gorman will show up. His book is great. 😛 You can get in for $29 here in Chicago. That is really cheap.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 5:43 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

@lee 

That would be interesting if he did....I agree about his book, it was excellent.  If he's to be believed, Chris is a complete fraud when it comes to the whole hippie want to be persona he likes to portray these past many years.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 5:50 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@chain 

Yeah I couldn't put the book down. Obviously a lot of rock bands have gone through all sorts of things but The Black Crowes might take the cake on drama if you believe Gorman. 

Speaking of him, his band Trigger Hippy was supposed to play a club here right before COVID. I was reading his book at the time and wanted to catch them. I didn't know Jackie Greene and Joan Osborne were once in the band.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 5:57 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

I agree about Gormans book. I hope to believe he is honest in his story and retelling of accounts. I tend to think he is a no"BS" type of guy, and given the history of the two brothers, I would assume its pretty accurate. The Jimmy Page thing still floors me...bypassing an offer to create music. What a misstep!

I think it might be a cold day in you know what, before he shows up to play. There might be some ill feelings from the Robinson Brothers.

I like the current incarnation of Trigger Hippy and I really enjoy they're latest release.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 17, 2021 10:32 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

In the early 1990's I had a package at Walnut Creek in Raleigh to meet and greet with the Allman Brothers and I had chatted with Dickey and Gregg before back with the original band and when they were back playing bars in the 1980's so I thought this would be another chance. 

The fans in the room did get band members to chat with for about half an hour. Jaimoe, Marc Quinones, Warren Haynes, Allen Woody. It was cool. I had spoken with Warren at a Dickey Betts Band show in 1988 at a North Carolina bar with stage and dance floor before and after this at his solo show in 1993 and at a few early Govt Mule shows. Always friendly and just a regular guy. No rock star attitude at all. None. 

But that night no Gregg, Dickey or Butch. We were hearing rumors that Gregg and Dickey weren't getting along and both were drinking too much. So I wasn't surprised they didn't show. But was that Butch passed as he was chatting with fans on the website. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 17, 2021 10:53 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @jszfunk

I kinda chuckled a "meet and greet" and "photo op" with these guys, given their history, OH well...I guess money talks.

I said this last year when they planned the tour and I kinda feel the same, but I think they may have been thinking to big when booking these sheds. They are playing the local one here just outside of Indy and it holds 25,000. No I dont expect them to sell it out, but if they get 10,000 or more I will be surprised. I love the Crowes, but I  just thought they were shooting kinda big on this tour.

I last saw the Black Crowes on a bill with TTB opening at Stage AE outside 2013.  That is listed at 5500 capacity.  And it was very full that night.  I don't know if it was a sell out, but it was pretty packed.  Now without the benefit of a strong co-bill they are playing a 23,000 capacity venue that I am going to.  We have seats in the pavilion and the seat map shows tons and tons of empty seats in the back pavilion sections where the $59.50 and $79.50 tickets are (lawn is $29.50).  All plus fees of course.

Interesting, row 4 seat 1 on the aisle is priced at $155.  The seat right next to it one in from the aisle row 4 is $340.  It does require me to buy two tickets together however, so can't just get the single aisle for $155.  It is strange because Row 3 same seat 1 on the aisle is $360.  Why have this "lowball" ticket price out there?  Must be to attract somebody to buy it and the one next to it.  I don't monitor ticket prices to shows as it gets closer, does TM/LiveNation adjust the prices as the show date gets closer to move unsold premium tickets?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 17, 2021 12:51 pm
WaitinForRain
(@waitinforrain)
A Peach Supreme

Crowes are a big ripoff at these prices and I plan to enjoy reports of cancellation from poor sales. The Rolling Stones they are not. 

Both of them have been d bags for so long and their prime is behind them. 

This makes me hope Marc Ford has new music on the way. At least there is that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2021 7:40 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

@waitinforrain Yes like Hootie and The Blowfish, Blues Traveler and a few others,they had ONE big album selling millions of copies then years later they have faded.  They are good but over selling themselves. 

Yes they are NOT The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Eagles or Eric Clapton.  

BTW, I read yesterday Clapton said a number of his friends who are musicians are mad at him and stopped the texting and phone calls because of his position on the UK's mask mandates.  He said he is so famous and rich that new musicians who want to be around him with be forthcoming. Guess he will have the same high caliber of musicians for his fall tour. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2021 9:31 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @waitinforrain

Crowes are a big ripoff at these prices and I plan to enjoy reports of cancellation from poor sales. The Rolling Stones they are not. 

Both of them have been d bags for so long and their prime is behind them. 

This makes me hope Marc Ford has new music on the way. At least there is that.

Just curious, why would you "enjoy reports of cancellation from poor sales"? What if people like their music and want to see them? Then they would be bummed when a show is cancelled.

It's been known forever that Chris can be a jerk. So what? They have always put on a good show when I've seen them. Marc Ford with them would be good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2021 8:50 am
WaitinForRain
(@waitinforrain)
A Peach Supreme

@lee because I always enjoy watching rockstar hubris and entitlement meet reality.

Love the music, don't feed the stupidity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2021 9:15 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@waitinforrain 

I understand what you're saying but if people want to see them I think they should go. Is it a money grab? Yeah, probably. I wouldn't pay the meet and greet thing but I would pay $30 to see them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2021 9:29 am
WaitinForRain
(@waitinforrain)
A Peach Supreme
Posted by: @lee

I understand what you're saying but if people want to see them I think they should go. Is it a money grab? Yeah, probably. I wouldn't pay the meet and greet thing but I would pay $30 to see them.

I'm not telling you how to spend your time. Buy the time (pun intended) they get to your town you'll know if they are bringing it or not.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by WaitinForRain
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2021 8:50 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Looks like they dropped the VIP part of the package and slashed some of the ticket prices by as much as $100.  And for lawn instead of $29.90 each if you buy 4 ticket deal they get dropped to $19.90 each.  Tons of tickets shown on seating map, you can basically pick anywhere you want to sit.  10 days out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2021 5:47 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

Here is whats available for tomorrows opener and the next night.

https://concerts.livenation.com/event/1B00575DED2383FD

https://concerts.livenation.com/event/1B00575DED2783FF

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2021 8:29 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @jszfunk

Here is whats available for tomorrows opener and the next night.

https://concerts.livenation.com/event/1B00575DED2383FD

https://concerts.livenation.com/event/1B00575DED2783FF

Some decent seats at reasonable prices, relatively speaking.

Interesting to see an almost complete row still for sale.

If the Mansfield, Ma. show in September ticket prices drop that low for decent seats I may be tempted to grab a couple. If for nothing else to see Allman Betts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 11:32 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Ultimate Peach

@bill_graham Looks as if Chris and Rich, by realigning ticket prices and meet and greet and perks, realize the Black Crows while having huge success with their first album are not the Rolling Stones or The Eagles getting back out there. 

But I'm sure it will be a nice show and a good performance. 

And you'll like Allman Betts. I've seen them three times and enjoyed it. Great keyboard player, Johnny is absolutely better than average on guitar including slide guitar and it's fun seeing Gregg, Dickey and Berry's sons up front. And they are using guitars their fathers played years ago. Well Devon inherited all 42 of Gregg's guitars and I don't recall Gregg playing a number of those 42 guitars including a nice sounding Les Paul Junior Devon has been playing a lot. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 8:47 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@robertdee yeah I have seen Allman Betts 3 times as well as headliners at small venues and always had seats in the first 5 rows center and they put on a great show.

Really nice mix of originals ABB covers and a few other cover songs

Regarding the Crowes I Sam a fan and I agree they will most likely do a good show but someone gave them bad advice on playing sheds and charging so much for tickets.

I am guesing they will have decent crowds and if prices drop to a reasonable level by the Sept show here I may grab a ticket.

This post was modified 4 days ago by Bill_Graham
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 9:57 am
Share: