1,790 Posts
36 Users
34 Likes
157.7 K Views
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @photoron286

For those still here, playallnite passed away recently from cancer of the esophagus.

Terrible way to go.

Very sad, a coworker just passed away yesterday from the same cancer. 

Posted : February 22, 2022 8:17 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@bill_graham My grandfather died from it years ago and last month the husband of a lady who worked for our florist shop also died from it.

Posted : February 22, 2022 8:21 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Two month drive by.

Posted : April 10, 2022 2:41 pm
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Our eleven year old Boxer passed away this morning.

Posted : April 17, 2022 6:11 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Very sorry to hear that they really become family members too. Came very close ourselves within the last month, still hanging on.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : April 17, 2022 8:36 pm
PhotoRon286 reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear about Bowser, Ron ... so sad ...

Posted : April 18, 2022 5:51 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

@photoron286 My father died from the same type of cancer in '92.  He was diagnosed in Nov and was gone by Jan 7th.  So quick!  I still miss him.  

So sorry about your dog.  I lost mine, too, several years ago.  Still miss him, too.

Continuing the sad news, my son-in-law passed away 2 days ago.  Drug overdose.  Left my daughter and their 2 young children with nothing.  Senseless!   I'm all she's got now.  It's gonna be a huge struggle for all of us.  Life's a bitch sometimes.  Cry

Afflicted  

Posted : May 13, 2022 3:35 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@pixielf ... Sorry to hear about your son-in-law Peg ... so sad 

Posted : May 14, 2022 6:47 pm
Richdel
(@richdel)
Eminent Member

I decided to do a drive-by shoutout to my friends at the Twelfth Godzilla Lounge.  'Cept it seems the place is empty. Saw a name or two that I recognized from some posts a few years back.  I leave some cash on the bar for the next lounger who stops by to have a nostalgic drink on me.  

I saw an old college friend today, whom I hadn't seen in at least 25 years or so.  We were swapping tales when he said one of the greatest shows he ever saw was at the Beacon, one of the last shows the brothers were together for.  I countered with 3/20/2009, the Friday night EC show.  All day, after talking with him, I have had a flood of memories about the Beacon runs over the years, but specifically the EC show. I will probably pull the dvd out tonight for a listen.

Not sure who will see this, but y'all are a great bunch (even if I don't talk to you much anymore).

Richdel

Posted : July 11, 2022 5:12 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@richdel Great to "see" you Rich!

Glad I had an urge to stop by The Lounge.

Posted : July 17, 2022 3:51 pm
Richdel reacted
Richdel
(@richdel)
Eminent Member

@photoron286 Now that we have member pictures, Great to see you as well Ron.

I even got an email of notification that you had responded to me in a post at this site.

This site is going into the 21rst century, 22 years too late.

I hope you and the family are well.  Both of mine are grown and living life on their own.

My son has an apartment in Manhattan down near 50th street.  That could have saved me

gobs of cash 10-15 years ago.  Oh well, every $$ spent was WELL WORTH IT!!!

If you talk to any loungers on FB, tell them I said hey.

Posted : July 17, 2022 6:35 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@richdel ... Hey Rich! ... I still lurk around from time to time, but mainly keep in touch with folks via FB these days ... here's a Beacon memory for you ...

2006 NYC 01a

Posted : July 23, 2022 3:58 am
Richdel reacted
Richdel
(@richdel)
Eminent Member

@harvey Colin, how are you my friend.  Another Lounge lizard poking his head out to see what's going on.

Boy, does the picture bring back a flood of memories.  But mostly I am a bit sad that we never have those

type of events to gather anymore.  I guess that's why they say to enjoy them while you can, they won't last forever.

The date of 2006 blows me away.  Seems like forever ago.  I hope you and your family are well.  Thank you so much

for sharing a joyful time we all enjoyed over 16 years ago. 

On the music front, I just purchased tickets for my first live music event in several years last week. 

A local show by Gary Clark.  I did have tickets for the 2020 Red Rocks Amphitheater for TTB, but it got rescheduled

for 2021.  I did not attend the rescheduled date.  Good news is that the Gary Clark show will attended by all 4 of

the Red Volvo Crew, with wives. 

The road goes on forever...hopefully. Grinning  

Posted : July 24, 2022 4:51 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@richdel ... I'm keeping well, Rich ... but turned 70 now so slowed down somewhat.

I still treasure those memories, but like you am very sad they ended when they did ... it wasn't until 2004 when I came over for my first Beacon trip that I was in a position to do so, both financially and family wise (kids grown up), and my last trip was in 2012 ... I had planned to come over in 2014 but moved house so that didn't happen and then it was all over.

There is just nothing like those Beacon runs now ... and coming over for a single gig just isn't financially justifiable ... and I don't think you would ever get the same group of people together again anyway so it wouldn't be the same.

I haven't been to a gig of any sort since covid began as I have a suppressed immune system so need to be extra careful ... but if the Mule come back over here next year then I would probably attend.

Give my regards to the Red Volvo Crew ... all the best old friend

Posted : July 24, 2022 6:18 pm
Richdel reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Remembering Hugh today ... can't believe it is 11 years ... Rock on up there Brother

Posted : September 23, 2022 5:57 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

RIP Hugh.

Never really traded shows with Hugh, we just freely sent things back and forth that we thought each other would like.

Figured out after the fact that we were both at a 2002 Mule show in Memphis and probably five feet away from each other most of the show. Chuck Leavell on keys that night, it was awesome.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : September 23, 2022 6:29 pm
harvey reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@harvey I have donated the last of Hugh's collection to GABBA this year. 

I have also started adding discs from my collection. Now that the florist shop is closed I no longer spend hours a day delivering and listening to shows while I do it.

There is so much that I would never have time to listen to it all even if I turned on the stereo and ran it all day long, every day.

Posted : September 27, 2022 3:16 pm
harvey reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

@photoron286 

I know what you mean Ron ... I used to listen to my shows on the way to and from work each day and since I retired 11 years ago I have hardly listened to any of them. A couple of years ago I went through my collection and whittled it down quite drastically ... I kept all of the early ABB (up to 1976) but got rid of anything later and anything else by all other bands that wasn't either soundboard quality or an A+ audience recording. I think I only have about 20% of my original collection left but at least what I do have is worth listening to.

Posted : September 27, 2022 6:05 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@harvey My situation as well. 

I'll be clearing out more over the Winter.

Posted : September 27, 2022 7:33 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello in here...................... echo

Posted : April 19, 2023 4:22 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hello ... hello ... hello ... hello ... hello

Posted : April 24, 2023 10:27 am
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hiya!

Posted : July 9, 2023 8:50 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hey!

Posted : July 11, 2023 5:06 pm
BobMeader
(@bobmeader)
Eminent Member

Hello to the lounge!

Thinking about this place and the old gang lately due to catching a couple Tedeschi Trucks Band shows July 7 and 8 here in CT. That band is on fire this summer! It was great to get 2 shows here in CT only 30 minutes from my home.

Wishing y'all good health and a fun summer!

Posted : July 16, 2023 3:17 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi Bob! I dropped by to mention the anniversary of Hugh Duty's passing and I see a post from an old trading partner, just like Hugh.

Posted : August 2, 2023 11:05 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Labor Day drop by.

Posted : September 4, 2023 4:26 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Hi Ron ... no Labour Day in UK ... then again, as I am retired their is never any labour going on in my world anyway Grinning  

Have a great day off my friend !!!

Posted : September 4, 2023 6:20 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

Hello, dear friends! I hope you're all doing well. I just read in my Instagram feed that Kim Payne has passed. May he rest in peace. Makes me miss the days of Wanee when there was always a good chance of seeing one of the original roadies. It sucks getting old.

Best wishes!

Love,

Peg

Posted : September 23, 2023 6:01 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Happy Thanksgiving to The Lounge!

This will probably read by someone after New Years.

My parents celebrated their 65th anniversary today.

We took them out to dinner Saturday with my brother and his wife.

I shot a buck that morning, picked up 48 lbs of venison yesterday.

Chili in the near future. 

We're seeing the Allman Betts Family Reunion next Wed. in Buffalo.

I can't tell y'all how great it is to have a partner who loves live shows as much as I do.

We are members or patrons at two local venues and have seen some great acts and have more upcoming.

Just got tickets yesterday for Mike Zito at an 80 seat club.

Saw Blood Brothers in June at the Syracuse BluesFest.

My son's boss is a silent partner in Mike's Gulf Coast Records and since a good friend is on the BluesFest board I had VIP and a photo pass for the weekend.

Blood Brothers were the Thursday opening night headliner and then on Saturday we got Buddy Guy.

Jeanne & I had gone to Buffalo the week before to see him with Robert Randolph opening.

In Syracuse we got Amanda Fish.

DSC 3194 Edit

Posted : November 22, 2023 9:16 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Samantha Fish

811 6438 Edit

Posted : November 22, 2023 9:18 pm
Page 59 / 60
Share: