The Allman Brothers Band
How long do you thi...

Notifications
Clear all

How long do you think it will take to count the votes?

108 Posts
17 Users
17 Likes
(@2112)
Famed Member

@stormyrider

Always funny how the media isn't trustworthy...unless it fits their narrative. 

Posted : December 8, 2020 1:34 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

Depends on the source. That’s i

why I mentioned WSJ as critical of Trump. Hardly a left wing paper

sources that check facts are good

evidence admissible in court is better. Where is it? Even Chris Christie is calling this all BS 

Posted : December 8, 2020 7:20 am
(@2112)
Famed Member

Happy Safe Harbor Day!

Posted : December 8, 2020 3:06 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @stormyrider

You are correct. We need that

there was a bill in congress for national voting standards

it was blocked

by McConnell

His rationale- the States are in charge of running elections

which I suppose is true, but it is no longer practical

re- dead people voting- just cause a tv station report something doesn’t mean it was true. All of the accounts I have read about which were checked (which may not be all of them) were clerical errors and not dead people voting. 
ex- John Smith He’s ballot was mistakenly attributed to his late father. Or people who didn’t supply a DOB have 01/01/1900 used as a placeholder until it gets corrected. The vote doesn’t count until it’s corrected. 

sources that are known to not be left, ie WSJ and Attorney Gen Barr said there was no systemic fraud. 

no lawyer presented ANY evidence of fraud in front of a judge, no matter what they said on TV or at a rally 

So now you don't trust broadcast news?  11Alive had an episode where a woman reported her husband had voted, after being dead for several years, on an absentee ballot.  They checked it out and found it to be true.

McConnell didn't block a bill about national voting standards.  I believe you were thinking of H.R.1 the For The People Act of 2019.  The Act had several things I thought pretty nice such as how states would re shape their congressional districts, and how to increase voter registration (including what has been done in GA for years, registering kids in high school that have reached their 18th birthday).

What gets weird is when the Act got into campaign financing, ethics of the President, Vice-President, Congressmen, and Senators, even down to making DC the 51st state (giving reasons why it should be a state).  All of that should be in different Acts, not one about voting.

The Act got into local elections, which if you get down to it, are all elections.  The Act would have gotten into how you elect the Mayor, congressman, Senator, state legislators, even down to dogcatcher (if you get to vote on that). 

He was right, the States are in charge of laying the framework for their elections, and the counties are responsible for making sure the elections are run correctly.

One thing I haven't seen yet in this Act is anything on a voter identification card.

i do like Subtitle E and F.

You can read the document at

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congresshouse-bill/1/text#toc-HD5B20DD8A49047678A32097367B87108

Posted : December 11, 2020 1:08 pm
bird72
(@bird72)
Honorable Member

I just thought I'd post and say yippee.  At least the Supreme Court stood tall.

Posted : December 11, 2020 8:55 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

Goodbye!

Posted : December 12, 2020 3:15 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

The only thing shocking about this slap down from the the Supreme Court is that Alito and Thomas dissented given how ridiculous this latest hail mary attempt was.....For two supposed conservative judges how they could side with a state attempting to interfere with several other states in how they hold elections is interesting.

I didn't read the entire ruling so can anyone explain why they dissented?

Posted : December 12, 2020 2:50 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

I think they said they would have heard the case but would not offer any relief. I take it as they agreed with the conclusion but would have actually allowed the clowns in the Supreme Court.

The end result is a victory for our system, but imo it's an embarrassment and concerning that so many so called leaders of this country would put politics over the number one principle of our democracy. 

Posted : December 12, 2020 3:17 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

@stormyrider

Thanks for the clarification....So even though they'd offer no relief, they'd still have allowed the circus to continue.  Sounds like both are chicken sh@t of Trump and his cronies.  The reason why escapes me as neither are beholden to the Trump cult so why help him continue the manipulation of his cult merely for his own profit?

That is after all what the past month has been all about.  Trump continuing to milk his followers for money....And they follow his every word like a true cult of personality.  How much of the $200 hundred million and counting will end up paying for Trump's legal defense against the piles of lawsuit he's about to he hit with?  

Posted : December 12, 2020 4:05 pm
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

I just read a post where the lady said, 'my heart is broken'. Trump may be obtuse, but he stopped the warring, arrested the pedos, was bringing the jobs back from China, spearheaded the vaccine, supported the regular guy, not the rich established power brokers, who happen to own the propaganda media, and which I'm sad to see have brainwashed and stirred up the hatred and wilful blindness of so many posters here. Duane, the most honest of all musicians, and to see what happened in his State. No evidence, my foot.

Posted : December 12, 2020 4:38 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

This video has been debunked many times - even by Faux "news" ... but believe what you want .... lol

Posted : December 12, 2020 6:20 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

On top of that, they did a recount twice - one by hand. Trump still lost.  Again.

You might want to watch the 60 Minutes interview with Chris Krebs, who was head of cybersecurity until he told the truth.  Although states differ, something like 90-95% of ballots are paper - so they always have the backup.  When I voted early, it was on a touchscreen device that was not hooked up to the internet.  You put in a card (that identified you as voting) and went screen by screen voting.  When you were done, a laser printer that was hooked up to the screen device printed out your paper ballot.  You handed it and your card to a judge who ran it through the machine while you were standing there to make sure there were no issues.

You can count them as many times as you want - it will be the same result.

Also funny that you think a musician that died in 1971 would have some kind of opinion on this.  My guess is a hippie musician who started a band with a black musician in the south in the 60's would not be disappointed that minorities in Georgia were able to register and not be gerrymandered or have their vote suppressed for once.  He doesn't seem the type that would be a Trumper, but that is only my opinion.

Posted : December 12, 2020 7:37 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

you forgot Trump's other attributes

-Promising the virus would disappear in April (he didn't say what year). This is of course after he said it was a hoax and before he belittled people wearing masks

-Defending the "good people on both sides", even the guys wearing white hoods, carrying swastika flags, and chanting "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville

-Defending Putin even though every US law enforcement agency and a bipartisan Senate committee concluded that Russia did interfere in the election of 2016

-Making millions of dollars for Trump corporation by charging the US taxpayers for the secret service staying in his hotels

-signing a tax bill that helps the 1% more than the middle class

-Presiding over an administration that had more cabinet members leave in scandal than others in recent history

-Appointing a public servant like Chris Krebs in Homeland Security, who claimed that this was a clean election. Then he fired him

-Appointing William Barr as AG, who also claimed there was no evidence of fraud this election

-Having numerous gatherings at the WH without masks, allowing many people to experience the joys of Covid 

-Encouraging governors to re-open prior to recommendations given by the WH, also constructing to more people experiencing Covid

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by stormyrider

Posted : December 12, 2020 9:07 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

...and if you think Trump didn't support the rich but supported 'the regular guy', you haven't been paying attention.....

Posted : December 12, 2020 10:05 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

They have affidavits from poll watchers but that is not enough to throw out votes and overturn an election.  The groundwork of getting the background on how the machines actually work from the software developers and manufacturers, the vote vetting processes in each state should have been obtained so meaningful challenges or questions could have been asked, answered before the election should have occurred.  It did not.  They believed that mail in votes would be fraud laden.  Trying to find evidence afterwards is too hard.

It was not handled right for evidence gathering to present to the various courts.

Trump said if the Electoral College votes for Biden,  he will leave.  They vote Monday.

Posted : December 12, 2020 10:33 pm
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

Ha ha, you guys. "Video debunked." Good one. Wishful thinking or what. Brother Duane had a reply I might borrow. "Go ahead and hallucinate, I don't give a f---." What is it, six guys own all the media?, and they want their country back. Check the Russian revolution or Nazi Germany to see how well brainwashing works. This is the creep they brainwashed you into wanting.

Posted : December 13, 2020 5:47 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

If you want to talk about brainwashing, look around at all the MAGA hats and Trump flags instead of American flags......and all the people that have sent Trump over $200 million for his steal the vote campaign - that all go into his coffers.... lol

Posted : December 13, 2020 1:13 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: