The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Dates

Rusty
(@rusty)
Peach Extraordianire

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/entertainment/rolling-stones-no-filter-tour-trnd/index.html

I had tix for the original Atlanta date.  Even though I am vaxed to the max - still not confident enough (yet) to climb back into that sea of people.  Wondering if they jumped the gun on this?  Anyway ...

Topic starter Posted : July 22, 2021 12:36 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Peach Master

Glad to see the The boys are going to go back on the road for some shows. Just wish they would play a show close to my area. St louis is as close as the tour says and it's only 3 hours from my home in Champaign, Illinois.

But by the time I add a hotel in plus the cost of tickets it makes it way too much for my liking. I'll just have to wait for the Stones to release a CD or video version of the tour sometime in the future?

I understand what your saying @Rusty, just trust your gut on this one..

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 10:29 am
Rusty liked
Rusty
(@rusty)
Peach Extraordianire

@rcgp2020 I opted (was coerced) into tickets for the original date to appease a close friend who is Hell-bent on preserving/re-living as many of his glory days before checking out as he can. While I am a long-time fan of the Rolling Stones, I am not - never have been a fan of gigantic stadium shows (or even large arenas).  I saw the'Stones several times in the 1970s.  Each of those shows transcended the typical concert experience and were closer to what I'd call a spectacle.  Great experiences - all of those shows, but I find that there is no connection between the band and audience at these things.  In Keith's book, he acknowledges this:  "truth is, we can't even see the audience.  We play pretty much for each other."

If my buddy is awake and aware and decides to re-purchase tickets I might be talked into being dragged along.

FYI - these comments are in no way, a negative reflection on the Rolling Stones.  

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Rusty
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 23, 2021 11:18 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@rusty They interact with the audience here! Keith takes his guitar and blooded a fans nose. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 12:36 pm
Rusty liked
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@rusty

Rusty you should go see The Rolling Stones at least once. They are one of the most successful rock bands in history! 

Mick and Keith are way more famous and richer than anybody that was ever in my favorite band. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 1:06 pm
Rusty liked
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

Saw them at Gillette stadium before COVID and as usual they put on a good show. Took my 15 nd 17 year old daughters as I have been exposing them to the Stones since they were born and felt they needed to see the boys at least once before they can't tour anymore.

They enjoyed the whole social aspect of the concert and barley looked a their phones during the concert which is a good indicator to me they liked the music.

They are the one band I am still willing to pay big money to go see and sit through a stadium show. I am hoping to get to see them at least one more time before they can't tour anymore and would love it if they extended the tour and played TD Bank North Garden here in Boston this winter or early next year.

And Rusty I understand your reluctance to be exposed to big crowds with the Delta variant starting to burn through the unvaxed population. Massachusetts has done a great job getting people vaccinated but if I lived in one of the States where there is a low vax rate and infections are starting to spike I think I would avoid large crowds as well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 5:05 pm
Rusty liked
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Peach Extraordianire

@bill_graham Another pandemic is fast approaching so don't be surprised if these Stones shows get postponed again and other shows too. 

They are demonstrating in Tokyo now demanding the Olympics be cancelled because there is a Delta Covid-19 uptick in Japan. Most new cases last week since January PLUS Japan has a low vaccination rate which is unfortunate. 

In America certain groups are in low vaccination rate situations. They mentioned African Americans and white people who are more likely to vote for Trump and watch Fox News as two groups. Missed the others as someone knocked on my door selling cookies for charity. 

Yes another pandemic is upon us but this time it's the pandemic of the unvaccinated!!! 

They said today if you are vaccinated you have a 95% chance of not getting sick but you may want to go back to masks for indoor events. 

The 5% of vaccinated people catching Covid-19 and getting sick are vaccinated people who are in bad health with a compromised immune system BEFORE they were vaccinated. Apparently for these people getting vaccinated didn't help as much as desired. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 5:30 pm
Bill_Graham and Rusty liked
Share: