Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/lynyrd-skynyrd-us-tour-dates-2022/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : May 11, 2022 9:01 am
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Wish them well on the tour. I recently read that with Gary Rossington still sidelined from last year's heart surgery, there are no members from the classic lineup with the band. 

Doug Gray is still with Marshall Tucker and is the only one left from the classic lineup. 

I saw The Guess Who at a street festival a few years ago. The drummer was the only original left. 

So many of the classic bands from the 1970's have lost most of their members. 50 years can change things a lot. 

Posted : May 11, 2022 11:36 am
matt05 reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Skynyrd is coming to Youngstown.  My wife wants to go.  I don't know.  They were good last time I saw them in the mid 1990s, but now?  I think having Johnny Van Zant is a good connection to Ronnie.  And Richey Medlocke is a connection. Still not original members, I didn't know Gary wasn't fully onboard healthy.  They can still crank out good music, but for the price and all?  I'm not really interested.

I love MTB and Doug Gray was always great back in the day.  I've seen them twice in the last 10 years I think.  I just feel bad for Doug.  Things people can't do anymore, it's tough, it's sad.

Posted : May 11, 2022 11:02 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@nebish Unlike the Allman Brothers Band, several bands did not break out with the original band. Bands like this usually have the break out lineup called " the classic lineup". Z. Z. Top had different players other than Billy Gibbons when they formed.  Lynyrd Skynyrd is another. 

Rickey Medlocke was in Lynyrd Skynyrd from 1971 to 1972 and played drums and shared lead vocals with Ronnie. He left in 1972 for a new band and returned to Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1996. 

When Skynyrd got noticed and had their first MCA album, that is the band that was the original band to me. Except Ed King was on bass. First time I saw Skynyrd, they had THREE lead guitar players. Gary Rossington, Alan Collins and Ed King. 

I don't know. Even before Ronnie died, that band was changing regularly year after year. So maybe one should just go with what lineup they put on stage. 

Maybe Gary will be back before the summer tour is over. 

Marshall Tucker had a hot guitar player last time I saw them but Doug Gray either had a bad night or age is messing with him. It's not the Marshall Tucker Band I saw several times in the 1970's. Doug was the only one from the classic lineup. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by robertdee

Posted : May 12, 2022 11:18 am
Zambi
(@zambi)
Reputable Member

As part of the legal settlement with the widows of Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Gaines, which allowed the band to continue after the 1987 tribute tour and live album, the Van Zant/Gaines widows received 30% of future touring revenues (I assume they mean profits and not revenues).  The legal settlement also required the band to have Rossington and 2 surviving members of the pre-crash era of the band continue in the band to be able to use the "Lynyrd Skynyrd" name.  After the post-crash version of the band kicked Artimus Pyle and Ed King to the curb, they still had the piano player (Powell) and bassist (Wilkeson) so they were good.  But after the pre-crash members started dying off, they began counting Ricky Medlocke as one of the pre-crash members to satisfy the touring proviso of the settlement with the widows, despite Medlock never playing guitar for the pre-crash band.  That seemed a bit of a stretch of the intent of the agreement not to "exploit" the Skynyrd name....

In any event, I don't know how today's version of the band manages to satisfy the settlement with the widows with Rossington sidelined and effectively the only guy left from the pre-crash era.  I assume the widows have grown accustomed to the ongoing income stream and likely agreed to waive the requirement to allow the farewell tours to continue on and the ticket revenues coming in. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Zambi

Posted : May 12, 2022 12:29 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@zambi Oh. Interesting information. The farewell tours have lasted for an unusual amount of time. Do you have any idea if they plan to soon retire the band?  

Gary Rossington may not be able to continue. His age and health seems to say he should retire. When Rickey Medlocke joined in 1996 it was then I read he had been with Lynyrd Skynyrd before the band had their break out. And Rickey was being mentioned in some press as an original member. 

I think the first time I saw the band Bob Burns was the drummer but I think Ed King had moved to guitar as Wilkerson had returned to play bass. That band has had a good amount of changes. 

If Rossington does not return, you think they will continue? 

Posted : May 12, 2022 6:55 pm
matt05 reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

That is interesting information.  And I too think that widows/estates of the deceased members at this point would rather keep the income than take them off the road because of the 2-member stipulation. 

Marshall Tucker had a hot guitar player last time I saw them

That would be Chris Hicks I assume

Posted : May 12, 2022 9:03 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Posted by: @robertdee

@zambi Oh. Interesting information. The farewell tours have lasted for an unusual amount of time. Do you have any idea if they plan to soon retire the band?  

Gary Rossington may not be able to continue. His age and health seems to say he should retire. When Rickey Medlocke joined in 1996 it was then I read he had been with Lynyrd Skynyrd before the band had their break out. And Rickey was being mentioned in some press as an original member. 

I think the first time I saw the band Bob Burns was the drummer but I think Ed King had moved to guitar as Wilkerson had returned to play bass. That band has had a good amount of changes. 

well medlocke appears on street survivors from 1977 and first and last from 1978 so if you owned those you'd see him listing and playing drums, singing, songwriting and would have to know he was in the band at some point in the 70's

Posted : May 12, 2022 9:42 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @zambi

As part of the legal settlement with the widows of Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Gaines, which allowed the band to continue after the 1987 tribute tour and live album, the Van Zant/Gaines widows received 30% of future touring revenues (I assume they mean profits and not revenues).  The legal settlement also required the band to have Rossington and 2 surviving members of the pre-crash era of the band continue in the band to be able to use the "Lynyrd Skynyrd" name.  After the post-crash version of the band kicked Artimus Pyle and Ed King to the curb, they still had the piano player (Powell) and bassist (Wilkeson) so they were good.  But after the pre-crash members started dying off, they began counting Ricky Medlocke as one of the pre-crash members to satisfy the touring proviso of the settlement with the widows, despite Medlock never playing guitar for the pre-crash band.  That seemed a bit of a stretch of the intent of the agreement not to "exploit" the Skynyrd name....

In any event, I don't know how today's version of the band manages to satisfy the settlement with the widows with Rossington sidelined and effectively the only guy left from the pre-crash era.  I assume the widows have grown accustomed to the ongoing income stream and likely agreed to waive the requirement to allow the farewell tours to continue on and the ticket revenues coming in. 

I have heard a few interviews with Artimus over the last couple years and he has talked just a little, and not to deep, regarding the situation with  Ronnie's widow. (Not favorable either). Did not know it involved Allen's widow also.  AP really did not go into much details, maybe  legal reasons.  He did say that Ronnie was on the verge of divorcing her just before the fatal crash.

I had no idea of the details mentioned above . All sounds pretty sticky....especially when it comes to money.

Kinda a side note. AP was on  "Talk is Jericho" a couple of years ago and he went into depth leading up to, during and after the crash. A lot of it I did not know.

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/talk-is-jericho-13045/episodes/flight-survivors-artimus-pyle-46530558

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/talk-is-jericho-13045/episodes/flight-survivors-artimus-pyle-46530558

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:30 am
Wayne
(@wayne)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @matt05

well medlocke appears on street survivors from 1977 and first and last from 1978 so if you owned those you'd see him listing and playing drums, singing, songwriting and would have to know he was in the band at some point in the 70's

"The song "One More Time" was added to the album, presumably after it was decided to drop one of the two tracks above. However, this song is the original recording from their 1971 Muscle Shoals demo; it was not re-recorded for this album. Hence it features Greg Walker and Rickey Medlocke in place of Leon Wilkeson and Artimus Pyle." 

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:56 am
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@matt05 I bought "Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd" which has Free Bird and "Second Helping" which has Sweet Home Alabama. I don't recall buying any Lynyrd Skynyrd albums after that.

Tuesdays Gone on " Pronounced" is a favorite of mine too. 

Just checked my copy of "Pronounced" and Bob Burns is the drummer except Robert Nix plays drums on one track. Ed King plays bass except lead guitar on Mississippi. Looks like Al Kooper played bass on that. 

That album is their break out album and peaked at number 27 but has sold over 2 million copies. Eat A Peach sold over 2 million for the Allman Brothers and peaked at number 4. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd has sold more records than the Allman Brothers surprisingly. 

Gregg Allman did a nice version of Tuesday Gone on that salute to Lynyrd Skynyrd concert. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : May 13, 2022 12:25 pm
matt05 reacted
MonroeWatson
(@monroewatson)

Along with ABB, Lynyrd Skynyrd is my favorite band, the 70's version.  Saw Skynyrd for the first time in 1993 on The Last Rebel Tour with Ed, Gary, Leon, Billy, Artimus, Johnny, and Randall Hall.  That show was awesome.  The Last Rebel Album was good, Endangered Species was fantastic (Devil In a Bottle is a GREAT song).  Last show for me was 1996 with Hughie and Rickey, they played medleys of Ghost Riders/Green Grass  and Train Train.  Again fantastic.  After that, I haven't made it back to a Skynyrd show.  

Allman Brothers shows seemed to be evolving, up in the air, unpredictable, and exciting.  Warren and Derek were fire, made it to the Beacon 2 times, along with the local touring in NC.  Skynyrd just morphed into some kind of "party band", I don't feel the dirt in the new songs or lyrics like the Ronnie gems.  

Posted : May 13, 2022 1:34 pm
matt05 reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @monroewatson

Along with ABB, Lynyrd Skynyrd is my favorite band, the 70's version.  Saw Skynyrd for the first time in 1993 on The Last Rebel Tour with Ed, Gary, Leon, Billy, Artimus, Johnny, and Randall Hall.  That show was awesome.  The Last Rebel Album was good, Endangered Species was fantastic (Devil In a Bottle is a GREAT song).  Last show for me was 1996 with Hughie and Rickey, they played medleys of Ghost Riders/Green Grass  and Train Train.  Again fantastic.  After that, I haven't made it back to a Skynyrd show.  

Allman Brothers shows seemed to be evolving, up in the air, unpredictable, and exciting.  Warren and Derek were fire, made it to the Beacon 2 times, along with the local touring in NC.  Skynyrd just morphed into some kind of "party band", I don't feel the dirt in the new songs or lyrics like the Ronnie gems.  

I agree about Endangered Species,  great listen to my ears. Its been forever since I listened to The Last Rebel. Cant remember it as a whole , but I do like the title track.

I have been thinking about making a playlist of LS from 1991 on. There are some decent tracks to be found.

Posted : May 13, 2022 3:19 pm
matt05 reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

1993 was also the first time I saw Skynyrd. I didn't know Artimus was the drummer. I listened to the interview posted above and Artimus said he quit during the reunion tour. I've seen them a bunch of times and they have always been great. Do you want to hear any songs that weren't major hits? Don't go because that's all it is. The last time I saw Artimus was at the One For Woody show in NYC at The Roseland Ballroom as a guest. I think they were friends but I'm not positive about that. 

I've seen them with Billy Powell, Leon Wilkeson and Hughie Jennings. And I guess Artimus Pyle. 

The Last Rebel is a great album. Very mellow. I used to sit on my balcony on Sunday mornings and drink coffee while listening to it. It doesn't have the blistering guitars on it. I'm sure many people remember the year or two when they toured with The ABB. When I saw them in the south, Skynyrd would usually close. If The ABB closed a lot of people would leave as soon as Skynyrd was done. That was fine with me as I would move down to closer seats.

Back to 1993. The night after that Skynyrd show The ABB played the next night at the same venue. I took my future wife to both shows and she didn't complain. I guess she knew what she was getting into. 😊 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Lee

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : May 13, 2022 4:43 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@lee I'm not sure how tight Allen Woody and Artimus Pyle were but Allen Woody was in The Artimus Pyle Band when he was one of several bass players who auditioned for the Allman Brothers Band in 1989 and of course Allen was hired.  

Artimus Pyle Band!! 

I think the Stones may open a few shows for Artimus Pyle Band this summer. 

Posted : May 13, 2022 5:42 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@lee 

pyle was gone by 1993.

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@lee 

pyle was gone by 1993.

I thought so too but Monroe said he was with them. 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:32 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lee

@lee 

pyle was gone by 1993.

I thought so too but Monroe said he was with them. 

pyle did the 1991 album and left not long after that. the drummer in 1993 would have been kurt custer

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:37 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Posted by: @wayne

"The song "One More Time" was added to the album, presumably after it was decided to drop one of the two tracks above. However, this song is the original recording from their 1971 Muscle Shoals demo; it was not re-recorded for this album. Hence it features Greg Walker and Rickey Medlocke in place of Leon Wilkeson and Artimus Pyle." 

what 2 tracks? but yes i knew it was an old tune just slapped on the album

Posted : May 13, 2022 8:40 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

My favorite lineup. 

Posted : May 14, 2022 6:56 am
MonroeWatson
(@monroewatson)

Seems I saw Kurt Custer on drums instead of Artimus.  Interview with Custer from August 2004.

Q:How did you meet the Lynyrd Skynyrd band and how have you been involved in the band?

A:I met up with Skynyrd through Ed King. He called me one day and said he liked my playing on Steve Earle’s “Copperhead Road.” It took me a year to join because Artimus Pyle was freaking out about not being able to play in time anymore. That was tough, to come in and replace someone who basically saved their lives after the plane crash. But, I got through it and became their sole drummer for 4 years. Very rewarding. I learned a lot! I basically started to arrange the songs from the first rehearsal. I did write with them as well. Remember “I’ve Seen Enough”? Also, I worked with veteran producer (and friend) Tom Dowd (Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, etc.). Arrangement is a strength of mine. Ever since I was little. Music like the Beach Boys also helped my cause because the music was arranged so beautifully! Great vocals!

Q:Were you a huge fan of southern rock music at that time?

A:At the time I was hired, I did like some Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet and some 38 Special. I was a BIG fan of the Allman Brothers. Still am. Ronnie and Gregg Allman are two of my favorite singers. Man, what a feel! I did know Skynyrd was coming back at that time, but hadn’t heard anything concrete from the band.

Q:Is life with the Lynyrd Skynyrd band tough? What are your best memories with them?

A:Life was tough in the band. In some ways, it was like a soap opera. Always something wrong, or always something bigger going on outside the band. Sometimes, I think those elements brought us down, but we did work great under pressure. I have so many fond memories of hanging out with Gary at his home, playing with his children, hanging out with Craig Reed and Leon (whom I miss dearly!). We roomed together during the making of “1991.” We tore Memphis apart – Lee and I. There are too many to mention. Being onstage was the best feeling in the world, and playing to the European audience! You guys rock! Very attentive and personal. I like that.

Q:Were you involved in the arrangements of the albums “1991” and “The Last Rebel”?

A:Yes, I did along with Ed King, did most of the arranging of “1991” and “The Last Rebel.” I basically took what they were writing and put it in a format that was conducive to their sound. Their way of doing music, as only Skynyrd could do. There was some adjusting, though. But, I just seemed to adapt to the guys quickly. We got along really well.

Q:What were your relations with the other members in the Lynyrd Skynyrd band?

A:As I mentioned, we got along really well. I was closest with Gary, Dale, and Ed. I rode the “party bus” with Billy, Leon, and Randall. We were always cuttin’ up. We made home movies, watched comedy shows, and watched our own shows on video. We played cards a lot and talked about old times too. Sometimes we would even record ideas as we were truckin’ down the road. That was fun! We also got into trouble. But I won’t mention the logistics of those times. That will stay in my head. (laughs)

Q:What do you think of the albums released by the current lineup?

A:I’ve heard some stuff from their latest albums. Some stuff I like, but I think they can do better. It’s a question of inspiration. I don’t think they nailed it, but at least they’re out there doing it. We always did really well in concert rather than album sales. I would like to see them grow musically a bit.

Q:Why did you leave the Lynyrd Skynyrd band?

A:I left Skynyrd in March of 94′. My partner Andy Logan and I had a self-titled album we recorded (Custer & Logan). We had an offer from Capitol records for a record deal, so we showcased and things were looking real good. I left to devote more time to my solo project as it was getting difficult to do both. We had the deal, but at the last minute, one of the Vice Presidents backed out. Man, was that tough! But you forge ahead, you know. Hindsight is 20/20 yes

Posted : May 14, 2022 8:15 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Is ANYONE on this website actually excited about a Lynyrd Skynyrd tour in 2022?

Posted : May 14, 2022 8:39 am
PorkchopBob reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@robslob I guess not. This band (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Marshall Tucker and several more need to retire those bands. But apparently there is money to be had by getting guys around to play with an older or original member under a famous band name so there is motivation to keep those names on the road. People want to keep a cash flow up. Gary Rossington is a multimillionaire so actually he doesn't need to work. 

I'd go see Warren and Derek and whoever joined them as the Brothers but not as the Allman Brothers Band. But I'm rather sure a band called the Allman Brothers will never tour again. 

Maybe a salute to the ABB is okay. 

The Brothers and The Dead as opposed to the Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead is fine to me. 

Here is the Artimus Pyle Band with guest Bob Burns billed as the original drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Bob is on their break out album "Pronounced". 

Posted : May 14, 2022 9:24 am
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@robertdee 

i mean technically bob burns is the bands original drummer. ricky joined in 1971 several years after the band had started to have 2 drummers like the ABB and grateful dead. ricky was also a great vocalist then and they wanted more singers. also no one ever verified if its true but burns also missed some shows in 1971-1972 or straight up quit. thats the part no one ever verified did burns ever quit or did he just miss gigs. in 1972 ricky decided to go back to trying to front his own band and thus left burns as the only drummer again like prior to ricky

Posted : May 14, 2022 12:25 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@matt05  According to this old Lynyrd Skynyrd history video from VH1 Bob Burns was a founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd but left the band in 1971 and was replaced by Ricky Medlocke but returned in 1972 and Burns and Medlocke played twin drums until Medlocke left wanting to front a band as singer which would be impossible in Lynyrd Skynyrd because Ronnie Van Zant not only was the primary front man but the leader. 

It then says Bob Burns played on the band's break out album Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd which contains Free Bird and Tuesday's Gone. And Burns plays on the follow-up Second Helping which contains Sweet Home Alabama. 

Burns suffered a mental breakdown on the road in 1975 and was forced to leave the band. 

Bob Burns played one show with Lynyrd Skynyrd in 2006 and toured some in his replacement's band The Artimus Pyle Band. 

Burns was killed on April 3rd, 2015 when not far from his Cartersville, Georgia home, he lost control of his car striking a mailbox then a tree. 

Burns was 64. 

Artimus Pyle was in the plane crash so the mental breakdown may have saved Burns life. 

Ed King couldn't take being in the band either so he avoided the plane crash too. 

Burns said there was always tension and something going on outside the band that kept band members uptight, sometimes with each other, so it was hard being in Lynyrd Skynyrd. 

The band was using a Convair propliner. I am an airplane enthusiast and I took my first plane ride on a Convair in 1953. American Airlines flight. American Airlines retired these planes in the 1960's and moved into the jet age. The plane Lynyrd Skynyrd used had poor engine maintenance and was burning fuel faster than the pilots calculated so they literally ran out of gas!! The two pilots were observed earlier passing a liquor bottle. They were killed in the crash landing. 

The Convair CV-240 is an airliner from the late 1940's with two big Pratt and Whitney R2800 piston engines each producing over 2,000 horsepower. 

Here is an example running correctly. 

Posted : May 14, 2022 1:03 pm
matt05 reacted
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

Posted by: @robslob

Is ANYONE on this website actually excited about a Lynyrd Skynyrd tour in 2022?

The band these days is more CMT than Rock.  I hope those attending the shows have fun.

Posted : May 14, 2022 5:27 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

@robertdee 

did the band say he quit in that video? for years they wouldn't comment if he ever actually quit. maybe to save face and not bad mouth burns.

anyways no one is arguing with what you are saying. burns was the first drummer the band had. he appears on the first album. the comments i'm making are for people who say ricky was never a member of the band in the 70''s. the person in this thread states ricky wasn't because he never played GUITAR in the pre crash band. thats correct he was an official member who played the DRUMS, sang and wrote songs and material he recorded from 1971-1972 appeared on 2 different 1970's skynyrd releases. the fact the person in this thread pointed out he wasn't a guitar player for them in the 70's so he wasn't a 70's member seems silly

Posted : May 14, 2022 7:57 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Rossington is coming back this month evidently for a limited number of shows

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/gary-rossington-damon-johnson-lynyrd-skynyrd-2022/

This post was modified 2 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : May 14, 2022 8:47 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@matt05 Just got home. It only said he (Burns)was forced to leave the band when he had a mental breakdown in 1975. He quit in 1971 and was replaced by Rickey but returned in 1972 and they had a twin drummer lineup until Rickey quit to have the space to front a band. That may have been when he switched to guitar. First time I saw the band was when Free Bird and the pronounced album came out and Burns was the drummer and Wilkerson, who wasn't there for the pronounced album,  was back on bass so Ed King became the third lead player. Ed was asked to join to play bass and replace Wilkerson when he quit. 

I've seen the band since Rickey returned in 1996 and he is a very good guitar player. 

I wasn't aware Burns was killed in a 2015 car wreck until I Googled his name today. That also stated Burns was a founding member with Ronnie, Alan , Gary and a player I wasn't familiar with. 

For some reason I liked Ed King the best back then. Even remembered Strawberry Alarm Clock but I didn't know who Ed was when that band had that big hit.  

I was disappointed Ed King left the band on tour. I think it was in Richmond, Virginia. Ed walked and pulled a no show and Ronnie was harsh on Ed in the press. Ed should have told someone that he couldn't emotionally handle being in the band anymore instead for pulling a vanishing act especially on tour.  

Butch Trucks used to post on this site. It was cool to have a member of the ABB answering question etc but Butch really disliked Ed King. Man he went off on Ed King on this site but I couldn't figure out why Butch disliked Ed so much. 

Of course Butch dusted up Dickey Betts many times for years. And Butch dusted up Les Dudek a few times. Didn't like that boy.  I hate it when some of my favorite players rag on each other. 

Butch is a favorite drummer and Dickey wrote some of my favorite songs and a great guitar player in his day. Man Dickey, like many of the really good players, had his own style. And had a great tone even during the times he didn't play a Les Paul. 

Les Dudek was invited by Dickey to play harmony lead on Ramblin 'Man and acoustic guitar on Jessica on Brothers and Sisters and got the impression from Phil Walden and apparently from Dickey that he was getting Duane Allman's place in the band and began telling people and when Gregg and Butch heard about it, they became very angry. To them nobody was replacing Duane and they would be a one lead guitar band. So Phil Walden told Les Dudek he would not have any involvement with the ABB and they agreed to cancel Les' contract. Les then hooked up with Steve Miller. Or was it Boz Scaggs? Anyway Les Dudek eventually began dating Cher and lived with her after she and Gregg broke up. He apparently plays small gigs now. Here he is doing Ramblin'Man if you haven't heard him. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by robertdee

Posted : May 14, 2022 10:50 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@bill_graham Oh I didn't know Damon Johnson was playing in Lynyrd Skynyrd now. Yes Gary is going to play as many shows as he can or feels like. But it sounds as if Rickey Medlocke is the glue for Lynyrd Skynyrd now. He has been on guitar for 26 years with them. 

Posted : May 14, 2022 11:05 pm
matt05 reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: