10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm not a planetarium person but this does look really neat. No idea if this is being done elsewhere but it seems logical that it will be.

'The Dark Side of the Moon' show coming to Adler Planetarium (wgntv.com)

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 24, 2023 3:52 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Lee I get the impression most of our friends here are not that big on Pink Floyd. Warren Haynes is a PF fan. 

They were a very successful band that packed arenas and stadiums all over the world. 

And Dark Side of the Moon hung on the album chart for years. I think it replaced Johnny Mathis' Greatest Hits for the most weeks to sell enough copies to find a position on the chart which has 200 positions. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by robertdee

Posted : March 25, 2023 1:30 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

I read the article, and I think it is being done at 100 different planetariums, and they are going to do it for a year.  I've seen Pink Floyd, Gilmour, and Waters many times.

Posted : March 25, 2023 5:51 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@sang many times? Then obliviously you like them!;

Posted : March 25, 2023 6:17 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Yes - I do - own most of the Pink Floyd stuff in surround sound ... 

Posted : March 25, 2023 6:24 pm
KCJimmy
(@kcjimmy)
Honorable Member

That was pretty tasty performance of Money! I couldn't help but think that Michael Keaton Could easily play David Gilmour in a movie. Only person I can think of for Waters would be Richard Gere and I'm not a big fan of his.

I sure hope this planetarium show come to Birmingham.

Posted : March 27, 2023 4:27 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Roger Waters has re-recorded Dark Side of the Moon and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason admits its brilliant. 

Roger Waters in his interview about the new version of one of rock's best selling and iconic albums said David Gilmore and the other Floyd members are lousy songwriters and don't have a good idea among them and never have. 

Wow Roger is worse than Butch Trucks trashing Dickey Betts. 

https://www.datathistle.com/article/142583-pink-floyd-drummer-nick-mason-has-heard-roger-waters-dark-side-of-the-moon-re-recording-annoyingly-its-absolutely-brilliant/

Posted : March 28, 2023 10:23 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

https://youtube.com/shorts/DuxzhXMGT8k?feature=share  

David Gilmore may be a lousy song writer and never had a good idea as Roger said but David is clearly one of the best rock lead guitarists we've had. He was excellent!! 

This post was modified 1 year ago by robertdee

Posted : March 28, 2023 10:28 am
Uponthe2ndfloor
(@uponthe2ndfloor)
Estimable Member

I saw this at the Hayden Planetarium in NYC back in the 80s.Wonder if it's the same show or if they updated it.

Posted : March 31, 2023 4:52 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

I saw a show like this around then also, at the Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Science in Boston - great show, the song I remember from it was Wheels In The Sky Keep Turning, by Journey

Posted : March 31, 2023 5:06 pm
Share: