Beacon Time / TTB Fever

9 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's a fever that is on the TTB Facebook's page, among other places, rather than here, alas, but the TTB are at the Beacon for 3 dates this weekend - AND - their summer / fall tour tickets are on presale today and tomorrow and general public sale on Friday. So, in TTB world, I've been enjoying that same buzz we all used to feel here when it came to Beacon runs and ticket releases. 

I'm very lucky to live in the Tri-State area when it comes to the TTB, ABB-family, and live music in general. LOADS of Allmans tribute bands, suddenly.

I'm seeing the TTB at the Beacon this Friday, then Richard Thompson at a small theater in 3 weeks, and then, the mighty Steve Morse Band opening for his own Dixie Dregs in May.

I'm hoping to get some good TTB tix in the pre-sales and sales in the next 48 hours too. Best band touring, IMHO. "Life is short; buy the damn tickets!"

Anyone else feeling the TTB fever?

Posted : February 28, 2024 9:54 pm
Rusty reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I am. Haven't seen them live in awhile. Love "I Am The Moon". Play it several times a week. 

Posted : February 29, 2024 6:40 am
Rusty reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

I will happen to be in NYC this weekend for a short trip, might grab a Sat Beacon ticket if the prices drop day of. I moved away from NYC in 2016, I miss all of the live music there (conversely, I can hear an ABBA tribute band from my back yard as I type this). I’ve seen a bunch of great TTB shows here in FL since then, but Beacon shows just have a different energy. It’s really amazing they are still bringing such amazing energy after 14 years, they are as great as they have ever been right now.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : February 29, 2024 8:26 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

So how were the shows? I hear they were pretty hot. We were only in town for basically one night, and even though Sat night tickets dropped significantly day of, the wife and I decided to go to an old Italian restaurant for dinner instead. I guess we didn't have the "fever".

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 4, 2024 10:53 am
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The shows were absolutely red hot. I only caught 1 of the 3, the Friday night show, but the band was firing on all cylinders. I loved that they went heavy on the "I Am the Moon" material; we got a "Done Somebody Wrong" and a "Come and Go Blues" for my ABB fix; Susan went deep on her solo song "Just Won't Burn"; and I got to see two covers (the Dead's "Mr Charlie" and Bruce's "State Trooper") that I had never seen them do before. 

Loge seats treated us right: good sound and sight. One thing I must say is that after decades of going to see my guitar heroes live, Derek Trucks gets the sweetest tones and the best spot in the mix. Back when I used to see more metal or hard rock bands, the lead guitar would get lost in the distortion or in the arena mix. What's the point in seeing Steve Vai with David Lee Roth if the guitar doesn't cut through? Derek gets a great sound where you can hear every single note, and he keeps pulling notes out of that thing that amaze.  

Posted : March 5, 2024 5:04 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Night 1: Feb. 29, 2024https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tedeschi-trucks-band/2024/beacon-theatre-new-york-ny-2bad70ca.html&w=twitte r"> 

Night # 2: 

March 1, 2024

Night # 3: March 2, 2024

Posted : March 5, 2024 5:18 pm
Stephen reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Last night in Washington DC Duane Betts played with TTB. Even Johnny was invited out eventually. He is a quality slide player too. 

I have pictures but no audio. 

Posted : March 9, 2024 8:36 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Ahhh!! Audio and video of Blue Sky the best song ever written!! 

The majestic Warner Theatre was built for silent movies and vaudeville stage presentations in 1924 and opened as The Earl. 

Harry Warner co-founder of Warner Brothers Pictures, Inc. bought it in 1942. In 1947 Mr. Warner visited the theatre and when his visit was concluding he told the management there " I own this place. Put my name up there!" 

Not wanting to irritate the owner they called a sign company 30 minutes after Warner left. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by robertdee

Posted : March 9, 2024 1:32 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

Listened to the run, great shows. Just Ain't Fair> Dreams was special, same for Presence of the Lord>Beck's Bolero

2 shows in Boston this fall - they just added a 3rd

psyched!

Posted : March 18, 2024 1:18 pm
Share: