the old Hittin' The Web site

22 Posts
11 Users
10 Likes
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Logged in today, saw a post from Spoonbelly inquiring about newly surfaced (the last ten years) Duane era shows. Got me to thinking....anybody else ever go back to that site? Every now and then I go through and read some of the threads from years ago that didn't get transferred over here

Posted : February 29, 2024 3:26 pm
Wayne
(@wayne)
Estimable Member

I just logged back in after reading this. Man, I miss that site, I went through some of my old PMs on there, several from brother Nic and Red Dog. I may start looking through all of those images on there, there must be 1000 or more. A time gone by.

Posted : February 29, 2024 4:31 pm
Jack_Frost reacted
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@wayne I miss it too. I would like to thank Rowland for leaving the old site up for us to cruise around on and fondly remember the past.

Posted : February 29, 2024 5:53 pm
Wayne reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Wonder if any of Butch Trucks' posts are on the old site? He eventually moved to his one page. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by robertdee

Posted : February 29, 2024 8:11 pm
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I don't know if this link will work since you have to be signed into the old site to access the forum posts, but yes - I found several of Butch's old posts:

https://www.hittintheweb.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=search&searchname=Butch%20Trucks&searchsubmit=a&srchfid=all

Posted : February 29, 2024 10:18 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@jack_frost Thanks for the link. I enjoyed Butch posting about the band past and present and actually answering questions from fans of the band. 

At the time it was unusual for a key founding member of a famous band to do that. 

Posted : March 1, 2024 6:40 am
Jack_Frost reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Wow, this is pretty neat. It even has my password saved. So people can still post there? 

This weekend I will have to look back at things. Reminisce. Maybe do some BnPs! Smile  

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 1, 2024 9:48 am
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@lee It looks as though you can post over there, yes. Pretty neat little time capsule

Posted : March 1, 2024 9:59 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jack_frost

@lee It looks as though you can post over there, yes. Pretty neat little time capsule

Both sites are fantastic ... but why do we need TWO?  

Took a brief stroll through the old neighborhood.  Good ol' days!  So many folks I never hear from anymore.  Some have moved on to the great peach in the sky - others ... Facebook.  The Allman Brother's Band was a gigantic piece of my social life!  I miss those amazing days!  

Posted : March 1, 2024 11:49 am
harvey and Wayne reacted
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@rusty We probably don't need two, but I probably would be disappointed if the old site vanished; many of the older threads over there didn't make it here. To be honest, I think when this new site was launched, that's when most folks probably defected to Facebook. 

Posted : March 1, 2024 12:16 pm
Rusty reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@rusty  

It seems to me reading the old one is just a walk down memory lane and it really isn't that long ago. I kind of doubt many (if any) people will post there.

Heck, it might be kind of fun to find a topic that isn't discussed here. Smile  

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 1, 2024 8:55 pm
Rusty and Jack_Frost reacted
Zambi
(@zambi)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @lee
It seems to me reading the old one is just a walk down memory lane and it really isn't that long ago. I kind of doubt many (if any) people will post there.

Indeed.  That was fun to peruse the old forums.  Miss a lot of the names over there.  Interestingly, seems folks continued posting onto that GuestBook well into the 2020s.  Or else the dates are all messed up?

Posted : March 5, 2024 6:33 pm
Dino
 Dino
(@dino)
Estimable Member

Wow, that was fun floating down memory lane.  Thanks for the link.  remembering the generosity of so many people in the "trade" section.  OldDirtRoad, phillybob, clay, the captain, aiq, CanadianMule, Harvey, Sandman, bird72, fdivegod, Libby, PhotoRon, dbhelm, bhs72 just to name a few.  So many more!!  

Posted : March 12, 2024 11:09 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

So many more indeed - yep the trading/vining threads, the Duane forum, busy every day - the fun musical discussions still there - will have to check for the Daily OMs thread, also the Heroes & Legends thread, some 40 pages of greatness

& the folks

….reading just a few of the old posts one quickly gets the friendly vibe - there were battles too

but the cliques now - 

….not the tech head thread

but wait “he’s admitted he doesn’t understand what he’s talking about”

besides that clique, show me one human who understands politics

I Do Not - but know more than smarmy head up their ass tee hee hee tiptoe thru the tulips types 

it’s HTW 2024 going back many years- everyone sees the old site compared to today

🎵🍄🎼ABB (Allman Brothers Band)

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : March 14, 2024 8:27 pm
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

The best thing about the old site is the search function of the setlist database.  You can search for multiple songs in a show, and guests, and you can't do that here, at least I never figured it out when I tried.

Posted : March 15, 2024 11:02 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@joe_the_lurker 

you can't do it in the Live Show Database, but you can in the Set List Search

Screenshot 2024 03 15 at 11.27.03 AM

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 15, 2024 11:28 am
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

@porkchopbob Thanks. I see that now.  I wish you could search for multiple songs at the same time.  This came up after the Brothers 50 where I was thinking that that show may be the only time ever that Dreams, Liz Reed, Mtn Jam, and Jessica were all played at the same show.  Usually you don't get all of those instrumentals on one show.

Posted : March 15, 2024 4:20 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@joe_the_lurker

That's true, especially since "Mountain Jam" didn't get the full work out in the 1990s, and "Dreams" was in retirement between 71-89. All but "Jessica" were played at the final show.

I did see a few 1994 shows with Dreams, Liz Reed, and Jessica (even includes a Whipping Post and Back Where It All Begins) where it's possible they did the "Mountain Jam" tease in "Jessica".

August 17, 1994

10 – Sailin' 'Cross the Devil's Sea
20 – Statesboro Blues
30 – Blue Sky
40 – The Same Thing
50 – Southbound
60 – Soulshine
70 – Seven Turns
80 – Midnight Rider
90 – Jessica
100 – No One To Run With
110 – In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ->
120 – drums->
130 – In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
140 – Back Where It All Begins
150 – One Way Out
160 – Encore:
170 – Dreams
180 – Whipping Post

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 15, 2024 4:33 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🍄🎼They played their 4 instrumentals at the Carter benefit in RI fall ‘75🎵🍄 

not tryin to one-up anyone, just sayin-friendly

Posted : March 15, 2024 5:36 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @stephen

🍄🎼They played their 4 instrumentals at the Carter benefit in RI fall ‘75🎵🍄 

not tryin to one-up anyone, just sayin-friendly

No need to apologize. Of the four songs @Joe_the_Lurker mentioned (Dreams, Liz Reed, Mountain Jam, Jessica) only Jessica and Liz Reed were performed at that show.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 16, 2024 12:56 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yeah they went instrumental-heavy at times🎵🍄 - have never heard this NJ show b4 - guessing it rocks, the previous one at Great Woods, which followed ‘Woodstock II’, is a great show by this lineup too 

Posted : March 16, 2024 1:43 pm
gotdrumz
(@gotdrumz)
Reputable Member

Was just there..   Also just noticed that posting data is no longer combined with this site and old one.  Way back when, that was a great place to hang and trade tunes.   

Posted : March 29, 2024 7:50 pm
Share: