Duane Allman video, very clear but very short

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I found this link on FaceBook. The poster identified it as "ABB segment of the Chapel Hill Jubilee 1971 movie." What did he title it? "My Movie".

Billastro

Posted : May 20, 2020 8:37 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Yeah, very cool. This video made the rounds here about 10 years ago and I believe it was Clay Pelland who originally brought it to our attention.
Cool

Posted : May 20, 2020 8:42 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

You guys do realize that the music being played does not match up with what the band is actually playing. You can really tell when Dickey is doing his solo and Tom Doucette is still playing his harmonica solo. Then during that same Dickey solo, he is shown playing chords. You can also tell that Duane's slide work does not match the slide that you hear.

[Edited on 5/21/2020 by paulw718]

Posted : May 21, 2020 10:55 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Unfortunately, you’re right. But there are so honkin’ few Duane videos that I feel like a hungry dog that someone tossed a bone. 🤪

Billastro

Posted : May 21, 2020 4:15 pm
blackey
(@blackey)
Noble Member

Also I believe that Goldtop Dickey is playing is what he used in summer of 1971.

In 1970 Dickey was on a sunburst Stratocaster for part of the year then the SG he later have to Duane most of the time.

The roadie Joe Dan I think it was, said Dickey got his first Les Paul in Detroit but didn't like it and went through several before he found Goldie at a pawn shop in Manhattan in 1974. Dickey played a sunburst Les Paul on Fillmore East and later have it to Dan Toler.

Posted : June 29, 2020 5:14 am
Share: