The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Is it true they didn't film the last Beacon show?  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
Marley
(@marley)
Extreme Peach

Wow, I forgot this was ever discussed. And I do know Derek a little bit from Facebook now, so I am sure he's telling the truth about his involvement, but five years later there's zero sign of anything happening. It took them almost seven years to release the 40th anniversary DVD — long after the streaming revolution started, and so late I forgot it existed at all! — so maybe in two years we'll get some movement on this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2019 5:39 am
HIGHWAY61REVISITED
(@highway61revisited)
Peach Bud

of course they are going to release video and CD . Maybe not the last show but the last run .Do you really think that they are going to let that kind of money slip away ? . The videos will be out and 2 years from now when someone throws enough money at Greg ,he will reform the brothers not this line up and maybe not a whole tour .but that big payday is looming ,
.They have to let at least 1 year go ,so the hype builds .Its business .

Sadly that ain't gonna happen now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2020 1:31 pm
WarEagleRK
(@wareaglerk)
Peach Extraordianire

Wow, I forgot this was ever discussed. And I do know Derek a little bit from Facebook now, so I am sure he's telling the truth about his involvement, but five years later there's zero sign of anything happening. It took them almost seven years to release the 40th anniversary DVD — long after the streaming revolution started, and so late I forgot it existed at all! — so maybe in two years we'll get some movement on this.

I wasn't appreciative of all of his vaguely worded responses when he was attempting to tease this or whatever it was that he was doing.

It was just a huge lost opportunity not to hire a professional film crew and record the final run and do a documentary. Sadly that time has passed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2020 2:52 pm
Marley
(@marley)
Extreme Peach

I wasn't appreciative of all of his vaguely worded responses when he was attempting to tease this or whatever it was that he was doing.

It was just a huge lost opportunity not to hire a professional film crew and record the final run and do a documentary. Sadly that time has passed.

Alan Paul recently said on Facebook that the final show was not professionally recorded. So if Derek did record that last show on video, he may have done it on his own, in which case the band never planned to release anything and nothing is probably going to happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2020 10:29 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: