15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
11.6 K Views
ArtieL
(@artiel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Unfortunately, it seems the last show was not professionally shot. However there are a number of high quality audience videos uploaded to YouTube, although a few songs are still missing. If anyone else has footage please upload, as this will be all the video we're going to get of this last show.
Below is the best one or two videos of what's been uploaded so far. Thanks to Johnny A, Tom Pragliola, stevemeister74, FrankBlankMusic, Andrea Christian, Chuck Kaiser, Jersey Nola, and njabbfan. The video of Johnny A is particularly good, and covers about half the show.

1 through 4 Little Martha/ Mountain Jam/ Don't Want You No More > It's Not My Cross To Bear

5 One Way Out

6 Good Morning Little School Girl
2 Minute snippet only:

7 Midnight Rider

8 The High Cost Of Low Living

9 Hot 'Lanta

10 Blue Sky

11 You Don't Love Me > Soul Serenade

Set II

12 Statesboro Blues

13 Ain't Wastin' Time No More

14 Black Hearted Woman

15 The Sky Is Crying

16 Dreams

17 Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

18 In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

Set III

19 Melissa

20 Revival

21 Southbound

22 & 23 Mountain Jam reprise > Will the Circle Be Unbroken >

24 Mountain Jam (incomplete)

Encore

25 Whipping Post

26 Trouble No More

[Edited on 11/15/2014 by ArtieL]

[Edited on 11/18/2014 by ArtieL]

[Edited on 11/20/2014 by ArtieL]

Posted : November 4, 2014 2:06 am
hastings
(@hastings)
Estimable Member

Thanks so much for posting these. Cool

Posted : November 4, 2014 4:42 am
brotherdan
(@brotherdan)

Thanks so much for all the effort in putting g these together I really appreciate, I like thousands of others could not be there..this is the next best thing..anyone know if a recording of the entire show is available? Thank you.-dan

Posted : November 4, 2014 5:39 am
Squonk2013
(@squonk2013)

Thank you ArtieL for pulling all this together.

Now to get the gaps plugged and a full video can be put together.

Posted : November 4, 2014 2:42 pm
frank3si
(@frank3si)

ArtieL, thanks for giving me a nod in your initial post (I'm FrankBlankMusic)...

There are five excerpts I recorded during the show Tuesday night. I’d not planned on recording any of the show until Alan Paul told me there was no possibility of a DVD coming out. The guy next to me was out and about most of the show, and I had the aisle to my left, so I would just plant an elbow on each armrest and snug the phone up close to my chest to minimize light emitted by the screen while I watched with my own eyes rather than looking at the screen - although to be honest, the crowd at an ABB show is a bit more informal than, say, the recent round of King Crimson shows. I’m surprised that this stuff is pretty darn watchable, though the panning is amateurish (what little there is) and there are some dark moments waiting for some song to start up - recorded under the better-too-early-than-too-late philosophy.

So in total I recorded the walk-on with “Little Martha” and part of “Mountain Jam” to begin the night, then “Statesboro Blues” to begin the second set, “Melissa” to begin the third, most of “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” and “Mountain Jam” to end the third set, and finally the ovations followed by comments from Gregg, Butch and Jaimoe, and then the end: “Trouble No More.”

If you're on YouTube, and want to see the tracks from the different perspective I had (lower balcony, stage left, row A) they should turn up with a search. Enjoy!

Posted : November 5, 2014 8:44 am
ArtieL
(@artiel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I added High Cost of Low Living and Hot 'Lanta from Johnny A.
I added Midnight Rider from GuitaristEric.
I added a two minute clip of Good Morning Little School Girl from U of Music, but still need a complete version.
Thanks to Johnny A, GuitaristEric, and U of Music!

Hopefully the footage that Derek McCabe says he took of the last show will surface, but until then these fantastic uploads will more than satisfy.

Posted : November 15, 2014 3:36 am
gypsystarr
(@gypsystarr)

Thank you so much for putting the time and effort to record these videos, I was there, watching these videos took me right back to the Beacon.

Posted : November 16, 2014 2:03 pm
musicalbeds
(@musicalbeds)

Apparently it was videotaped by dmccabe,...professionally.

He also did Peachfest, and posted a link to one song to show us the quality of it....and it's amazing!!!

So don't worry about it not being available on video.... it will be, eventually.

Posted : November 17, 2014 6:37 am
musicalbeds
(@musicalbeds)

Go to the thread; "Is it true they didn't film the last Beacon show?" and scroll down to see what I'm talking about.

Posted : November 17, 2014 6:38 am
jsjtracy
(@jsjtracy)

Great compilation! Here is another midnght rider. Iv got a good Sky is Cryin . will upload soon

Posted : November 17, 2014 4:35 pm
ArtieL
(@artiel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks jsjtracy!
I added Midnight Rider and The Sky is Cryin' to the list.

Posted : November 18, 2014 1:48 am
jsjtracy
(@jsjtracy)

The Sky is Crying
the folks in front of me never settled down. great show

Posted : November 18, 2014 4:53 pm
northernman
(@northernman)
Eminent Member

the link to circle is incorrect and a duplication of mtn jam

23 Will the Circle Be Unbroken >

jQ

it should be this link please fix and thanks for all the hard work!!

23 Will the Circle Be Unbroken >

Posted : November 19, 2014 9:12 am
northernman
(@northernman)
Eminent Member

I am completing downloading the best videos with the highest resolution and will be converting the mp4s to DVD.

I have a mp4>DVD converter and it makes chapters too.

I will offer up some b&ps and a vine when I complete the DVD conversion.

It will look great on your TV turned up loud Smile
peace,
Ray
Northernman

Posted : November 19, 2014 10:01 am
gypsystarr
(@gypsystarr)

I am completing downloading the best videos with the highest resolution and will be converting the mp4s to DVD.

I have a mp4>DVD converter and it makes chapters too.

I will offer up some b&ps and a vine when I complete the DVD conversion.

It will look great on your TV turned up loud Smile
peace,
Ray

Hi Ray, you did an outstanding job and I cannot wait for the DVD. I will keep watch for your post. Thank you, Maria

Posted : November 28, 2014 8:26 pm
Share: