The Allman Brothers Band
Derek Trucks sig sl...

Notifications
Clear all

Derek Trucks sig slide

sckeys
(@sckeys)
A Peach Supreme

I have a standard replica of the med bottle that Sir Duane used and I love the tone but I need the opening a bit bigger. I see that the Derek sig Dunlop is large but was wondering if anybody knew right off if it is larger than the one I have. I’m looking around to compare specs with no luck so far.

Topic starter Posted : September 7, 2018 10:01 am
sckeys
(@sckeys)
A Peach Supreme

I’ve found one called the “Blooze Bottle” that is longer but I’m not sure on the opening. The Derek slide will be a collectible.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2018 7:01 pm
scotiadave
(@scotiadave)
Peach Master

It’s a shame this forum is so buried within chapters, as no one comes by here much anymore.you might catch more fish in ‘Anything Goes.’ A few players lurk there.

Anyhoo, after years and years of using all manner of slides, i’ve ended up on the Dunlop 218 - it’s pretty fat, but short, which allows for easier fretting behind the slide. Also, they are cheap so I can saturate my guitar cases with them Smile
Bottles get, so sweaty, I always wanted to drill holes in the top.

[Edited on 9/12/2018 by scotiadave]

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2018 12:01 am
sckeys
(@sckeys)
A Peach Supreme

I’m getting to like this bottle as I get better with it. I ordered the Derek slide and it’s close to the 276 I think it is. Ive been playing for a good while but never slide and I am really liking it. As you stated in the other thread, it’s gonna take some trial n error. I just ordered some 11-48 E Ball strings and I think that will put my guitar where I’ll want it. Thanks for the reply.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 12, 2018 4:50 am
sckeys
(@sckeys)
A Peach Supreme

This is a good slide. I really like these bottles as a heavy wall slide is just too bulky for me. I did order a 203 but it’s a standard thickness as well. I do have a thick metal slide but don’t care for the tone.

[Edited on 9/16/2018 by sckeys]

[Edited on 9/17/2018 by sckeys]

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 16, 2018 2:27 pm
Share: