Illustrious Member

Hey Jerry I just vined Stones at Altamont, sounds great

Posted : May 29, 2021 2:44 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @brerrabbit

Hey Jerry I just vined Stones at Altamont, sounds great

Hey BR, Which Altamont version did you vine as there are many different versions circulating. There are many fan-created versions which is a hybrid of audience and SB cuts as well as great sounding straight audience versions. Despite the chaos and tragic deaths I always thought it was one of the best concerts of the 1969 tour. Due to the bad juju associated with the event, I doubt we will ever see an official release but SB track keep trickeling out. Check out this auction which supposedly includes 7 SB tracks from the concert.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2021/from-the-vault-property-from-the-grateful-dead-and-friends/altamont-the-comedown-from-peace-and-love?fbclid=IwAR28naqSgDeq2HX06cpDhL-20pz7dZxH_q96-RrKh-cjc-3govFukgpQbt0

I am a huge Stones fan and the 1969 tour is a favorite of mine so I have a copy of every concert that is on a bootleg from that tour. Not to mention every old bootleg that was pressed on vinyl.

Did you ever get a copy of the 1969 MSG 11/27 and 11/28 late show mono SB recordings that ABKCO leaked on Youtube for copyright purposes several years back?

They leaked the complete 11/27 concert and the late show from the 28th. If not if you drop me a PM I can burn you copies and any other 1969 show you are interested in.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : October 9, 2021 7:30 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: