The Allman Brothers Band
MLB: Tampa Bay Rays...

Notifications
Clear all

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays Still in First Place!

1,910 Posts
31 Users
98 Likes
158.5 K Views
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

I guess you were right about Det., Lee - couldn’t make their ninth-inning grand slam stand, MN got a pinch-hit HR bottom ninth, then won it 12-9 on a 3-run jack to complete a four-game sweep & leave em tied w/Tygiz coming outta the break - wild game alright, great - 🤙 

Reds w/sweep of BrewCrew too, crazy - Altuve w/a come-from-behind walkoff 3-run jack on NY leaving Yankees tied w/Tor - Philly got us 2 of 3 Dangit😖

NY will still be smarting from the loss today when we play them later this week - we’ll really have to be ready for em - let’s go Sox

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by Stephen

Posted : July 11, 2021 7:01 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Good read Lee - yep he could fit in straightaway, esp being lefty as it pointed out - if the chance does come along, Sox should jump at it

yeah what’s w/that cancellation anyway - just a slight case of jumping the gun, yeesh - leaves Cubs & Cards 8 games out in NL Central, just like NY & Tor in AL East

Miguel Cabrera & Albert Pujols go into the break w/identical .241 batting averages - Miggy 7/32, Albert 13/35

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : July 11, 2021 7:34 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@lee This is not the King George Yankees anymore Lee. If it was Cashman and Boone would already be gone and they would have traded the farm for big name rentals.

Hal Steinbrenner is not his father and we will see if he allows Cashman to blow past the salary cap and spend some money taking on salary in trades.

Posted : July 11, 2021 9:03 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @bill_graham

@lee This is not the King George Yankees anymore Lee. If it was Cashman and Boone would already be gone and they would have traded the farm for big name rentals.

Hal Steinbrenner is not his father and we will see if he allows Cashman to blow past the salary cap and spend some money taking on salary in trades.

I know, but they are still the Yankees. 😉 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : July 13, 2021 5:09 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So I got home and flipped on the MLB Network. They are doing some thing for the ALL Star Game where the players are dressed to the nines and they kept saying the purple carpet (Denver), as in the red carpet at the Emmys or something. These guys have the most unbelievable suits on you have ever seen. As gaudy as anything.

I couldn't believe it. The old timers watching this have to be floored. My God, really?

Posted : July 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nice tribute to Hank Aaron. 

Posted : July 13, 2021 8:04 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

God I hate Joe Buck, I thought he was going to retire so he wouldn't put us out of our misery.

Posted : July 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So the first game after the All Star break was postponed due to COVID. Does this really surprise anyone? 

Posted : July 16, 2021 3:22 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The GLAD injury 

Even for MLB, this new-terminology acronym strains my oblique

Mets OF Pete Crow-Armstrong had surgery earlier this season on his right (non throwing) shoulder

”….to address a glenoid labral articulate disruption (GLAD) lesion”

- - - - -

Mets $340M man Francisco Lindor’s oblique injury is of “the grade 2 variety,” their medics have concluded

he’s hitting .228 - what a complete Bust that deal has been

Sale, Stephen, Severino……still out indefinitely - same w/many others

let’s go Sox

Posted : July 19, 2021 2:42 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@stephen 

I gave up trying to learn these acronyms a while ago. Even if I get the words right I usually don't understand what they hell they mean and I've been following baseball for a long time. You probably remember Bill James from Boston who basically started the whole thing decades ago. I wonder if even he agrees with some of this crap now, who knows?

Posted : July 19, 2021 5:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Regarding baseball teams, I am surprised by a few teams. I haven't watched a ton of Red Sux games but they are doing better than I thought. You gotta give it to Tampa for being right there.

The White Sux are doing an amazing job. 20 games over .500 and their roster is a MASH unit. Gotta give them credit. 

I don't think anyone saw the Giants out west doing as well as they are. That division race is going to be fun.

And while this makes no difference to the playoff hunt, I am impressed with my Tiggers. They are only 8 games under .500 with a bunch of guys nobody has ever heard of. They do have some young talent which is fun to watch.

About half a season to go!

Posted : July 19, 2021 5:13 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yeah Lee, probly even Bill James himself doesn’t know what to make of WHIP, WAR, GLAD injuries & on & on - 

SF is playing well alright, they’re at Chavez Ravine this week - 2 best records in the league

& Tony LaRussa & ChiSox - they deserve ups

we’ve lost 3 series in a row - can’t help but think NY is going to heat up - beating them this wknd is a must

but yeah the Gmen - he made his HOF intentions known from the start, as in his July 19 1960 debut, Juan Marichal one-hit the Phillies, not allowing the hit until the 7th inning -

was great having Juan on the Sox at the end of his career even tho he was washed up

Posted : July 19, 2021 6:01 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Who is Juan?

Posted : July 19, 2021 6:34 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen, regarding acronyms you'll like this. I was watching the early morning news this morning and this news anchor was talking about a guy would had driven in a run in 11 consecutive games or something. Instead of saying he had an RBI in 11 consecutive games she said he had a "hit batted in". I'm laughing thinking who the heck wrote that on the teleprompter? 

Never heard of an HBI.

Posted : July 19, 2021 6:58 pm
Stephen reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lee

Who is Juan?

When he was with us in ‘74 Sox fans were asking “Where is Juan?”😝😆🤷🏽

Posted : July 20, 2021 3:33 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@stephen 

Samuel?

Gonzalez?

Valdez?

Posted : July 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

No, great high-kicking 1960s righty Juan Marichal (6:01 p.m. post ystrdy🤙) - he’s gotta like how his old team is going - was like old times at Dodger Stadium last nite

Posted : July 20, 2021 4:25 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Lee have you read about the latest in As The World Turns in MLB - Ben Zobrist’s wife ditched him for their preacher, now she wants a big chunk of Ben’s money as part of the divorce settlement….

wondering if Bauer will pitch any more this year - w/Clayton also sidelined it could be David Price’s time to shine - David is making $27M per year for pete’s sake….

Posted : July 20, 2021 4:39 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @stephen

No, great high-kicking 1960s righty Juan Marichal (6:01 p.m. post ystrdy🤙) - he’s gotta like how his old team is going - was like old times at Dodger Stadium last nite

Totally forgot he had a cup of coffee in Boston.

Where is John Roseboro when you need him?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lee

Posted : July 20, 2021 4:43 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lee have you read about the latest in As The World Turns in MLB - Ben Zobrist’s wife ditched him for their preacher, now she wants a big chunk of Ben’s money as part of the divorce settlement….

wondering if Bauer will pitch any more this year - w/Clayton also sidelined it could be David Price’s time to shine - David is making $27M per year for pete’s sake….

You brought up a few topics. Zobrist led the Flubs along and they let him. Didn't know if he wanted to play or not. I would have told him to get bet if I was the brass. And from I've seen, this soon-to-be ex is saying he screwed them out of money or something. 

And her doing the minister guy is another matter.

Re: Bauer. I would guess no he won't play but who knows how long these things can last. DeShaun Watson's thing has kind of flown under the radar and that has gone on for a long time.

Re: Price. He didn't want to play last season so who knows? $27mm is a lot to pay a bullpen guy.

Posted : July 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Totally forgot he had a cup of coffee in Boston.

Where is John Roseboro when you need him?

🤙exacto - Pudge missed most of that season w/the Leron Lee collision at home plate or things might’ve turned out better for Juan

then his final hurrah in 1975, Dodgers signed him, he pitched twice for them, announced his retirement

Posted : July 20, 2021 5:10 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

When I got home I flipped on the MLB network and Picksburgh is playing Arizona. Bumgarner is pitching for the D Backs. Talk about a bust. Arizona has to be feeling buyer's remorse for him. Looks like the Giants made a good move letting him go. 

Posted : July 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

And while this makes no difference to the playoff hunt, I am impressed with my Tiggers. They are only 8 games under .500 with a bunch of guys nobody has ever heard of. They do have some young talent which is fun to watch.

About half a season to go!

Yep, they’re taking full advantage of a sweet schedule w/a W7 coming outta the AS break - sweeps of MN & Texas, now KC this wknd, then Twins again & they finish out the month w/Balt -  cellar dwellers 1-&-all

AJ Hinch has been there b4, never know what could happen - but we all know what’s at stake this wknd at Fenway - beginning tonite, 3 of 4 at least

C’mon Sox, they spanked us last game Sunday night, now they’re W4 & we gotta stop em cold⚾️
excellent interleaguer this Sunday nite, ChiSox-Brewiz

Posted : July 22, 2021 4:43 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

excellent interleaguer this Sunday nite, ChiSox-Brewiz

I have some friends driving up there this weekend to I think just see that game. I'm pretty sure my one friend didn't know what she was talking about but said they moved that game to a night game. I don't think they do that but whatever. I guess it is bobblehead night and I told her I want one!

I have an extra ticket for the Flubs that afternoon. I told her she could see the game at Wrigley and then get up to Milwaukee. It's only an hour and a half. 😉 

Posted : July 22, 2021 5:16 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Strange story - 

https://sports.yahoo.com/breakout-white-sox-rookie-yermin-mercedes-says-hes-quitting-baseball-its-over-041329839.html

Posted : July 22, 2021 5:41 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Now he’s back (in Triple A)

Posted : July 22, 2021 9:17 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Now he’s back (in Triple A)

What a tool. He posted something on social media about retiring, then he deleted it, then he posted again saying he is back. I'm guessing the White Sux P.R. staff went to him and said something along the lines of, "what the hell?". He kept mentioning God and apologizing. 

Really, What the hell? 🙄 

Posted : July 23, 2021 9:48 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have a pair of tix for Sunday's Flubs / D Backs game. It is supposed to be like 92 degrees actual temp and around 100 with the heat index. In the early innings it should be tolerable but when the sun moves the other way across Lake Michigan, it is going to be awful as I'll be facing the sun.

I can't get anyone to go with me, even for free. I figured it was the weather but now I'm thinking it is just me. 😕 

My wife won't even go. 😟 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lee

Posted : July 23, 2021 9:57 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I dunno if long time Indians fans are going to go for this.

Posted : July 23, 2021 10:09 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Sounds like it could be uncomfortable Lee, but have a good wknd regardless

Yeah who knows what Mercedes was thinking

I for one am thinking, What Horseshit

the Cleveland Guardians

yes Indians fans feel so much better now - they thought they were cheering a team proud of its name & heritage & the wonderful Chief Wahoo

& the whole time, dumbasses w/nothing better to do are informing them they were really offending people’s political sensibilities

my dad died 27 years ago yesterday - that’s the rumbling in the ground about now - he, my grandma, uncles & untold # of fans past & present

Yessiree - now they’re the Guardians 

dickheads

This post was modified 3 years ago by Stephen

Posted : July 23, 2021 10:16 am
Page 44 / 64
Share: