Painters of The Obamas' Official Portraits

34 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
OriginalGoober
(@originalgoober)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Some previous works seem divisive and racisit to me. Another bad decision by Obama.

Posted : February 12, 2018 4:54 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Well, the painting are unique.

I don't care to get into the choice or the background of these artists.

I think President Obama's portrait is fine, unique but fine. Michele on the other hand is a very beautiful woman and I don't think her painting does her justice. The President doesn't feel the same based on his praise for the artist, or he was just being respectful.

Posted : February 12, 2018 6:19 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

It's a badass painting, make a good album cover.

[Edited on 2/13/2018 by BrerRabbit]

Posted : February 12, 2018 8:35 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

Anyone know if Mule has ordered reproductions to put up in his house 😛

Posted : February 13, 2018 7:38 am
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

I would not hang a painting by any racist.

Posted : February 13, 2018 8:10 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

In 2020, Trump will take up painting. Word is he's going to begin painting by the numbers to create his masterpiece - A BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Posted : February 13, 2018 8:48 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Would you paint a hanging racist?

Posted : February 13, 2018 8:54 am
BoytonBrother
(@boytonbrother)

Another bad decision by Obama.

Why do you think about him so much?

Posted : February 13, 2018 10:21 am
BoytonBrother
(@boytonbrother)

It’s just a painting. Calm down Goob. It’ll be ok.

Posted : February 13, 2018 10:31 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Some previous works seem divisive and racisit to me. Another bad decision by Obama.

Care to elaborate or are you just generalizing based on your own latent racism?

If you are referring to the painting pictured, that is the artist's interpretation of the Biblical story of Judith beheading Holofernes, an Assyrian General who was going to destroy her village. It has been depicted countless times through the ages, most famously by Caravaggio. Kehinde Wiley adapted it as a fictional triumphant slave and a master, because white people actually did used to kill black people (I'm sure Muleman could tell you more on that subject).

Seems like the only bad decision here is you deciding to be overly sensitive and not dive deeper into understanding the artist's work.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : February 13, 2018 12:14 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

How about race a painting hangist?

Posted : February 13, 2018 12:51 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

Care to elaborate or are you just generalizing based on your own latent racism?

If you are referring to the painting pictured, that is the artist's interpretation of the Biblical story of Judith beheading Holofernes, an Assyrian General who was going to destroy her village. It has been depicted countless times through the ages, most famously by Caravaggio. Kehinde Wiley adapted it as a fictional triumphant slave and a master, because white people actually did used to kill black people (I'm sure Muleman could tell you more on that subject).

Seems like the only bad decision here is you deciding to be overly sensitive and not dive deeper into understanding the artist's work.

Thank you.

Of course the low info deplorables can't fully understand what you wrote but the rest of us appreciate the history.

Posted : February 13, 2018 1:29 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Michele on the other hand is a very beautiful woman and I don't think her painting does her justice.

Agreed, she is and it does not.

President Obama's, just does not look "Presidential",...But hey, the Sun will come up tomorrow.

Posted : February 13, 2018 2:39 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Michele on the other hand is a very beautiful woman and I don't think her painting does her justice.

President Obama's, just does not look "Presidential",...But hey, the Sun will come up tomorrow.

So what does Presidential look like?

More important is how a President leads & shows character / dignity. Do you believe Trump leads and shows dignity / character?

Posted : February 13, 2018 3:29 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I'm embarrassed I misspelled Michelle, usually edits of my posts are for silly spelling or punctuation mistakes. Maybe you guys like me a little more than some others since you didn't busted my balls over it.

Listening on the radio I laughed, as everyone else in attendance did, when Obama said "I've missed you guys". Ofcourse the unspoken response delivered in laughter was like "you missed us, boy have we missed you!". Obama later joked about trying to get his artist to perhaps make his ears smaller - something that I remember from the campaign trail I think, Obama sought out a reporter who had written about the size of his ears. Now he jokes about it. I love self deprecating humor, think Trump has that in him? I heard him tell Democrats today that Republicans care about DACA deal and the Democrats don't. I was driving, just when I was about to say "damnnnn" outloud, he said, 'I'm joking'. They probably didn't laugh. I digress.

[Edited on 2/14/2018 by nebish]

Posted : February 13, 2018 4:16 pm
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

As a racist yourself I'm sure you have no problem with another racist painting Obama.

Posted : February 13, 2018 6:11 pm
BoytonBrother
(@boytonbrother)

I'm sure you have no problem with another racist painting Obama.

Yes, it means he has a life.

Posted : February 13, 2018 6:46 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

For sure, I must say I do harbor a deep seated antipathy for the troll race.

Posted : February 13, 2018 6:52 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

So what does Presidential look like?

Good question indeed. "Presidential" has become somewhat ambiguous over time; no doubt about President Obama's character or the dignity he always wore with great pride. In my immediate view and "Judgement"...the background, foliage and Jasmine is too much, too loud. The Man was so Stately....Maybe a portrait of the President speaking to a crowd, addressing the U.N.

Just my .02

Do you believe Trump leads and shows dignity / character?

Is this a joke? The President is the epitome of brash.

Posted : February 13, 2018 7:11 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

Now Goober and the rest of the Hannity sheep are going to be triggered over a painting? Poor little snowflakes. Why must everything be so PC with the right these days?

Posted : February 13, 2018 9:02 pm
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

The President is the epitome of trash.

Fixed that for ya.

Posted : February 14, 2018 7:13 am
BrerRabbit
(@brerrabbit)
Illustrious Member

Finally looked at the portrait. What's the fuss about, it's an excellent work. There have been other offbeat presidential portraits in the past. It certainly doesn't make for a good stern Stalinesque "Our Great Leader" portrait for all the comrades to hang in their living rooms or be executed, but it is colorful and refreshing.

Posted : February 14, 2018 9:08 am
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

The President is the epitome of trash.

Fixed that for ya.

I was thinking the same thing but just now logged in and saw that.

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:31 pm
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:38 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

To me it looks like his chair is in a field of poison ivy, his face has been flattened, and squared off. Not a very good painting.

Posted : February 14, 2018 5:38 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

Anyone else notice the cannabis leaf slyly hidden in Obama's portrait? I think the artist included it as a figurative middle finger to Jeff Sessions... 😛

Posted : February 15, 2018 3:05 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Anyone else notice the cannabis leaf slyly hidden in Obama's portrait? I think the artist included it as a figurative middle finger to Jeff Sessions... 😛

Careful...Sessions will have the portrait arrested.

Posted : February 15, 2018 3:23 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Sorry, don't see it on anywhere online. If it's in corner it might be cut off.

Posted : February 15, 2018 5:13 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

Look closer....It's right near the slyly hidden Koran. Another middle finger to Jeff Sessions... 😛

Posted : February 16, 2018 1:07 pm
Muleman1994
(@muleman1994)

Look closer....It's right near the slyly hidden Koran. Another middle finger to Jeff Sessions... 😛

The Koran in the Obama portrait.
Perfect for the Islamic Extremist Terrorist supporting former president.

Posted : February 17, 2018 8:14 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: