Prost! Whatcha Drinking?

11 Posts
5 Users
7 Likes
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

50 years ago you had the choice of a can of pilsner or a bottle of pilsner. Now there's a brewery in every small town. I imagine those of us who like a beer or glass of whisky enjoyed a few over the holiday season.  So what'll ya have? Or whatdidj'have?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 7, 2022 9:54 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I know @sang likes his PBR, so he probably heard this story already...

https://www.businessinsider.com/pabst-blue-ribbon-apologizes-try-eating-ass-tweet-2022-1

Pabst Blue Ribbon apologizes for tweeting 'Not drinking this January? Try eating ass!'

Pabst Blue Ribbon apologized for a tweet on Monday that said: "Not drinking this January? Try eating ass!" 

The now-deleted post was sent from the brewing company's verified account. Tweets of a similar tone, including a reply that told a user to "ask your mom," were also deleted.

"We apologize about the language and content of our recent tweets. The tweets in question were written in poor judgment by one of our associates.

The Pabst Blue Ribbon has only posted one tweet since: "Beer."

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 7, 2022 9:59 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Considering PBR tastes like ass I don't know what the big deals is over the tweet. 😝 

I do like a good beer from time to time but I am mainly a wine drinker these days and occasional snifter of good Cognac.

The wife and I had a nice Calera Cali Chardonnay and a Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blanc Cali sparkling wine with our Chinese food for NYE.

Posted : January 7, 2022 1:06 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I hear ya, I take a beer break more and more often these days. I've been enjoying a glass of bourbon or wine lately. Or I'll whip up an old fashioned if I get ambitious.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 7, 2022 1:21 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

Actually, I hate PBR.  Until it was recently "found" by hipsters, it was very much a redneck beer.  I grew up in Central Illinois, and they had a brewery there.  I found out that there were 2 beers I could not drink - PBR and the rice based Budweiser.  Both gave me serious headaches after drinking them - and I don't usually get headaches.  I can drink Bud Light with no issues, but why would I?

I usually drink bourbon-barrel stouts and some porters - can't stand the bitter taste of IPA's (although since I lost my sense of smell and taste 15 months ago, I could force one down now).  I have a lot of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout from 2016-2021 sitting around my house - 14% alcohol so it only takes 1 ....  I also like a good bourbon with a little bit of ice.

Posted : January 7, 2022 2:33 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@sang

I'm a porter guy myself. And I like bourbon. But the bourbon barrel porters/stouts are too much for me, it's just too much going on. I think it's the sweetness of the bourbon, takes away from the bitterness of the porter. I've had some subtle ones that I liked ok, but when they get too strong it tastes like a college dare.

Also, if a person doesn't get aches from drinking Bud Heavy, they aren't human.

20 years ago, I remember when hipsters decided it would be funny to drink PBR. I was like, my druncles who throw back cheap beer while sitting in their driveway won't even drink that.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 7, 2022 2:47 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

If you like a nice lager, try this. Get the Longboard. It is from Hawaii of all places. Not the easiest thing to find but not impossible.

https://konabrewingco.com/our-beers/

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : January 7, 2022 5:25 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@lee 

I like Kona Brewery, Hawaii actually has a nice beer culture. Kona is on the shelf and on tap everywhere here in south Florida, probably due to the similar climate and tiki bars.

I prefer Kona's Golden Ale, the Longboard Lager is too sweet for me. But they do good stuff.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : January 7, 2022 5:55 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Wasn't in the mood for Wine tonight so went for a snifter of good Cognac.

Posted : January 7, 2022 10:30 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Posted by: @sang
Posted by: @porkchopbob

Actually, I hate PBR.  Until it was recently "found" by hipsters, it was very much a redneck beer.  

"Rednecks, white socks, Blue Ribbon Beer"

Posted : March 9, 2022 10:04 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

Gatorade Zero.  Glacial ice

Posted : March 9, 2022 10:05 pm
Share: