The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

I'm KInda Sorry I Voted for This Guy ...

Page 3 / 3
theotherbrothers
(@theotherbrothers)
Peach Head

i'm not too worried about the federal response to cannabis. States are legalizing it left and right. Feds don't care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2021 6:53 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Peach Extraordianire

I have NO Problem with medical use of cannabis.  I know several folks who use it for different medical problems.  Some for cancer/transplant issues.  Some for PTSD, emotional, and anxiety issues.

Even heroin and cocaine have medical uses.

Think the Feds don't care?  Look at the Form 4473 that was approved during the Obama administration.   Look at Question 21e.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2021 10:16 pm
theotherbrothers
(@theotherbrothers)
Peach Head

Think the Feds don't care?  Look at the Form 4473 that was approved during the Obama administration.   Look at Question 21e.

I just don't see any federal prosecutors using that provision in any argument, nor do I see a judge considering it if it was mentioned in a trial. It's an interesting provision, but I'm still not worried about owning my pistol and having my medical marijuana card. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2021 11:26 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

@theotherbrothers

The continued federal prohibition is more than just about whether the alphabet soup of federal agencies continue to interdict, prosecute, and incarcerate individual cannabis violators, but just as important is what that same continued prohibition prevents individuals and businesses in legal states from doing. 

For instance banking and financial services companies can’t engage with cannabis businesses, insurance companies won’t cover medicinal cannabis, colleges that receive federal funding can’t allow adult use on campus, the military and the Veteran’s Administration still won’t recognize cannabis as a treatment for PTSD, federal funding for research pertaining to cannabis is prohibited, etc..Even the foreign policy of this nation is still negatively affected by outdated cannabis legislation (the DEA is still fighting cannabis wars in Central America for instance).

Many specific issues pertaining to cannabis use will not change until the federal government changes it’s absurd scheduling of cannabis, plain and simple.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2021 1:24 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: