Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Go Big 10 ... oops ... Shocked Grinning  

Posted : March 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Interesting first couple of days. That Michigan State game the other night was great from just a viewing standpoint. Ohio St and Purdue losing were interesting. I can see Michigan getting knocked out with one of their best players likely out. 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 20, 2021 9:14 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

There have been a lot of good, close games so far - great to see tournament college basketball again .... 

Posted : March 20, 2021 11:34 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Looking forward to UCLA - BYU tonight.  Bruins better be ready............just last week I watched BYU take Gonzaga to the limit in the Mountain West Conference Championship game.  BYU led for maybe the first 80% of the game.  Gonzaga guard Jalen Suggs ended up sealing the deal with help from Kispert.  Suggs is a freshman and I doubt he will stick around.  Likely the #1 pick in the NBA draft if you ask me.

Posted : March 20, 2021 7:57 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

UCLA 73 BYU 62.  Bruins look TOUGH.  I heard an announcer say before UCLA's play-in game vs. Michigan State:  "Bruins are massively talented, it's just a matter of Coach Mick Cronin getting them to play together."  It looks like that is happening and I doubt ANYONE wants to play them right now.  GO BRUINS.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by robslob

Posted : March 21, 2021 9:55 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So much for Illinois - Go Missouri Valley conference!

Posted : March 21, 2021 8:44 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

lots of upsets

Posted : March 21, 2021 10:05 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

#12 Oregon State 80, #4 Oklahoma State 70.  Yet another upset.  Pac-12 is now 7-0 in the Tournament.  Four Pac-12 teams play again today:  Oregon, Colorado, USC and UCLA.  GO BRUINS!

Posted : March 22, 2021 12:27 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Big Ten has been embarrassing. Probably the best conference this season. I think they can be out completely tonight. 😮 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lee

Posted : March 22, 2021 6:58 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @lee

Big Ten has been embarrassing. Probably the best conference this season. I think they can be out completely tonight. 😮 

Agree. I live here in the Midwest, Purdue fan and I really enjoy the Big 10 in general. They always seem to get the most teams in , but really never ruffle to many feathers. This year was bad.

I prefer college ball way over the pros for many reasons. This is one of my fav time of years as far as sporting events. Great fun to be had.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : March 23, 2021 7:45 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

That Michigan / LSU game last night was great. At least The Big Ten got one team in the Sweet Sixteen.

Posted : March 23, 2021 8:59 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

Gonzaga 93 UCLA 90, OVERTIME.

Without a doubt the greatest college basketball game I have seen in years.  And an all-time Final Four classic!  I would predict there are approximately 8 players from this game that will have NBA careers, probably 5 or so will be first round picks.  I never thought that UCLA could beat them, but I DID think that making UCLA a 14 point underdog was really a stretch.  If I were a betting man I would have put some cash down on UCLA to beat the spread.

UCLA lost their last four games of the regular season!  But as sometimes happens, in the Tournament, they finally began to gel at the right time.  Their talent was never in question, the question was whether or not Mick Cronin could get them to play together.  Obviously he did!  They beat Michigan State, Abilene Christian (???), Alabama and Michigan to get to The Final Four.  

Posted : April 4, 2021 1:35 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

never thought in my lifetime i'd see an undefeated team in the championship game

Posted : April 4, 2021 9:48 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @robslob

Without a doubt the greatest college basketball game I have seen in years.  And an all-time Final Four classic!  I would predict there are approximately 8 players from this game that will have NBA careers, probably 5 or so will be first round picks.  I never thought that UCLA could beat them, but I DID think that making UCLA a 14 point underdog was really a stretch.  If I were a betting man I would have put some cash down on UCLA to beat the spread.

UCLA lost their last four games of the regular season!  But as sometimes happens, in the Tournament, they finally began to gel at the right time.  Their talent was never in question, the question was whether or not Mick Cronin could get them to play together.  Obviously he did!  They beat Michigan State, Abilene Christian (???), Alabama and Michigan to get to The Final Four.  

Good post!

UCLA did not lose that game, they just ran out of time and did not have the last shot. They have nothing to hang they're heads about. What a game.

This post was modified 3 years ago by jszfunk

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 5, 2021 8:11 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jszfunk
Posted by: @robslob

Good post!

UCLA did not lose that game, they just ran out of time and did not have the last shot. They have nothing to hang they're heads about. What a game.

That was one of the best played & exciting college bb games I've seen in years. Two really good teams going toe to toe.

Posted : April 5, 2021 4:42 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wow - Baylor is impressive at the start of the game ... 

Posted : April 5, 2021 9:34 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

What a game by Baylor - they looked scary last game, and really took it to Gonzaga.  Well deserved ... 

Posted : April 5, 2021 11:54 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@sang:  Agreed, that one was not even close, Baylor shut the Zags down right from the get-go.  SMOTHERING defense and unbelievable 3 point shooting. 

Despite that, I expect freshman Jalen Suggs of Gonzaga to declare for the draft and if I was calling the shots I would make him the #1 pick.  I've seen enough of this guy to know he's "got it" and he'll only get better.   I think sophomore Drew Timme of Gonzaga probably hurt his draft placement in that game.  He's an elite college big man but last night showed that he may have issues with the bigger and more athletic forwards he will go up against every night in the NBA.  

This post was modified 3 years ago by robslob

Posted : April 6, 2021 9:20 am
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

a fantastic season for college basketball that ended in a pretty lopsided game.

Posted : April 6, 2021 10:47 pm
Share: