75 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
LeglizHemp
(@leglizhemp)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Good pick.

Susan Rice would have been a good pick also.

[Edited on 8/11/2020 by LeglizHemp]

Posted : August 11, 2020 12:21 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, I'm cool with that.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

Great pick! I was hoping she'd win the nomination but also felt she'd make a great choice for VP if the presidency wasn't in the cards. Go Kamala.....

Posted : August 11, 2020 12:43 pm
(@2112)
Famed Member

I think it's a good pick. I think Rice might have been a safer pick, but no complaints from me. My only complaint with Harris is her opposition to the death penalty, but I don't think as VP or even president it would be relevant to the job.

Posted : August 11, 2020 1:04 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Maya Rudolph returns to SNL!

Posted : August 11, 2020 1:06 pm
playallnite
(@playallnite)
Reputable Member

She's the man!

Posted : August 11, 2020 3:19 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

She had Barr and Kavanaugh for appetizers when they appeared before Senate Hearings.

She will devour Pence in the VP Debate.

Trump's personal attorney, Barr on full display follows:

Posted : August 11, 2020 3:32 pm
Dino
 Dino
(@dino)
Estimable Member

Maya Rudolph returns to SNL!

LOL... love Maya!

Posted : August 11, 2020 4:23 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Congrats to Kamala Harris, will be interesting to see what she & Joe formulate for a campaign message

Smile MartinD28, what makes ya so sure Harris will have her way debating Pence - the VP has 4 years under his belt & has proven to be a sound VP - he’s seen more on the political stage than she - hopefully it would be a stimulating cogent civil discussion

Posted : August 11, 2020 4:50 pm
Wis608
(@wis608)
Trusted Member

As long it is the best person for the job that's all that matters. It seems like the pressure/consensus was on him to pick an African American woman. Does not matter to me who it is as long as they can do the job. As long as they are not pandering just to placate to the racial tension and doing what's best and beneficial for our country, I am cool with it. Just vote for the common sense party.

[Edited on 8/12/2020 by Wis608]

Posted : August 11, 2020 4:57 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Congrats to Kamala Harris, will be interesting to see what she & Joe formulate for a campaign message

Smile MartinD28, what makes ya so sure Harris will have her way debating Pence - the VP has 4 years under his belt & has proven to be a sound VP - he’s seen more on the political stage than she - hopefully it would be a stimulating cogent civil discussion

What has Pence done in 4 years - 1) headed the Covid Task Force which has seen the USA with one of the worst failures in the world in protection of our citizens . The numbers of cases in this country and deaths are astounding and increasing by the day. The scientists on this task force have been pushed aside. I will give you that is probably not Pence's doing. No doubt that Trump, the puppet master is pulling the stings on Pence like a marionette and 2) Pence prasies Trump's "leadership" at every opportune waking moment.

What do you see as Pence's major accomplishments in the 4 years you noted that make him a sound VP?

[Edited on 8/12/2020 by MartinD28]

Posted : August 12, 2020 3:26 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

What has Pence done in 4 years - 1) headed the Covid Task Force which has seen the USA with one of the worst failures in the world in protection of our citizens . The numbers of cases in this country and deaths are astounding and increasing by the day. The scientists on this task force have been pushed aside. I will give you that is probably not Pence's doing. No doubt that Trump, the puppet master is pulling the stings on Pence like a marionette and 2) Pence prasies Trump's "leadership" at every opportune waking moment.

What do you see as Pence's major accomplishments in the 4 years you noted that make him a sound VP?

Keep in mind that Pence is basically a Koch brothers stooge (as is Pompeo) who kisses anyone’s @ss if it benefits him. He basically is the conduit for the Koch brothers and their very powerful political machine to the Trump presidency.

I would also point out that Pence failed miserably with the AIDS epidemic that struck Indiana when he was Governor particularly hard some years ago in conjunction with the heroine uptick. He should have learned a thing or two from that miserable performance but instead tows the Trump stupidity only to stay in Trump’s good graces.

As far as a debate with Kampala, no debate seems to have any particular winner given their format and lack of fact checkers and made for tv wastefulness. Both Kamal and Pence will have their canned responses and not necessarily factual content. Kamala in my mind is far more impressive an individual than Pence but we won’t necessarily see that in a wasteful television debate.

Posted : August 12, 2020 8:01 am
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

good pick, imo

As far as a debate with Kampala, no debate seems to have any particular winner given their format and lack of fact checkers and made for tv wastefulness. Both Kamal and Pence will have their canned responses and not necessarily factual content. Kamala in my mind is far more impressive an individual than Pence but we won’t necessarily see that in a wasteful television debate.

well said

Posted : August 12, 2020 8:27 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I predict that Old Joe (citing any reason he can) will step aside and Kamala Harris will become the Democratic presumptive nominee.

The convention begins in less than a week.

Posted : August 12, 2020 8:46 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

I predict that Old Joe (citing any reason he can) will step aside and Kamala Harris will become the Democratic presumptive nominee.

The convention begins in less than a week.

I think Biden will assume the presidency should he win in November but I suspect one maybe two years in he’ll step aside and give the gig to Kamala. I suspect many voters think this and simply don’t care. Which is why in this particular election the choice of VP is of particular importance.

I believe the majority of voters believe Trump is so dangerous, crooked, unstable, incompetent, etc. that supporting whoever the alternative choice is no matter what incarceration is a better choice than four more years of Trump world.

[Edited on 8/12/2020 by Chain]

Posted : August 12, 2020 9:34 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Few of any VPs are noted for great accomplishments - by a sound VP I mean just that he’s done everything asked of him, as far as I can tell, without causing the same reaction as the hate that accompanies everything his boss does - being supportive of/brown nosing the president is a role of every VP -
it’s a good yin & yang, VP Pence is low key, contrary to the president’s plain-talking bombastic nature

No one, including a Democrat, would have acted differently in dealing w/the covid crisis - it’s easy to say “Pence effed it up, look at the numbers” but he had to act on info & recommendations, he had then & there - imo there would be a covid crisis no matter who was in charge

Imo he’s been an asset to the administration & America & will handle himself just fine on the debate stage (has one been scheduled?)

If it’s a rout as you’re suggesting, Pence will be doing the devouring, not Sen. Harris
a simple civil exchange of views w/out trying to one-up, outquip our outsmart the other, would be nice to see & appreciated by viewers

Posted : August 12, 2020 9:38 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Keep in mind that Pence is basically a Koch brothers stooge (as is Pompeo) who kisses anyone’s @ss if it benefits him. He basically is the conduit for the Koch brothers and their very powerful political machine to the Trump presidency.

I would also point out that Pence failed miserably with the AIDS epidemic that struck Indiana when he was Governor particularly hard some years ago in conjunction with the heroine uptick. He should have learned a thing or two from that miserable performance but instead tows the Trump stupidity only to stay in Trump’s good graces.

I am from Indiana and just refresh me on the "AIDS epidemic that struck Indiana " you mentioned. I have an idea of what your talking about , but just want to make sure we are on the same page. Thanks!

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : August 12, 2020 9:50 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I believe the majority of voters believe Trump is so dangerous, crooked, unstable, incompetent, etc. that supporting whoever the alternative choice is no matter what incarceration is a better choice than four more years of Trump world.

I think this is the easy and comfortable position to take when you surround yourself with people who share this view. There are an equal amount of voters who think President Trump is doing an excellent job.

This is why we vote.

Posted : August 12, 2020 9:56 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

No one, including a Democrat, would have acted differently in dealing w/the covid crisis - it’s easy to say “Pence effed it up, look at the numbers” but he had to act on info & recommendations, he had then & there - imo there would be a covid crisis no matter who was in charge

Totally disagree. That's quite a statement you made. Trump minimized the entire thing becasue it was getting in the way of his reelection, called it a hoax, and pushed the scientists aside. In the meantime deaths just keep on keeping on. No national effort by Trump admin. Push it down to states & attempt to mandate reopenings with threats of witholding funds - that's the "national" plan from the wartime president. After he's ousted, I suspect you'll see a national effort with scientists given the respect and platform to lead, as opposed to President Inject Bleach who keeps telling us it's just going to disappear and who listens to a doctor who references alien DNA and sex with demons.

But believe if you will that "No one, including a Democrat, would have acted differently in dealing w/the covid crisis ".

Posted : August 12, 2020 10:22 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

In the meantime deaths just keep on keeping on.

0.0297 is the current death rate in the U.S.

29/1000 infected, die.

165,000 to date from Covid 19
300,000 annually die from Obesity
606,000 annually die from Cancer
647,000 annually from heart disease

Posted : August 12, 2020 10:37 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

0.0297 is the current death rate in the U.S.

29/1000 infected, die.

165,000 to date from Covid 19
300,000 annually die from Obesity
606,000 annually die from Cancer
647,000 annually from heart disease

Totally agree, it's NUTS. 165,000 people to date, and that's just a 7 month period (Feb-present) compared to the other annual stats. Especially nuts when you look at COVID-19 mortality rates in other countries that had unified, organized response and early prevention.

There have been 750,000 coronavirus-related deaths world wide - the US represents nearly 25% of those deaths even though the US is not even 5% of the world's population. 165,000 deaths is more than any other country, and more than some entire continents. So yeah, totally agree, those stats are not good.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 12, 2020 11:14 am
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

I think this is the easy and comfortable position to take when you surround yourself with people who share this view. There are an equal amount of voters who think President Trump is doing an excellent job.

This is why we vote.

I am far from living in a bubble...Trump won my part of upstate, NY by a landslide....And I live and work with mostly Trump supporters. Even have a few siblings who voted for him in 2016. As far as “This is why we vote” that’s pretty obvious now isn’t it?

Posted : August 12, 2020 12:08 pm
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

No one, including a Democrat, would have acted differently in dealing w/the covid crisis

LOL

Posted : August 12, 2020 12:31 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

This is why we vote.

I am far from living in a bubble...Trump won my part of upstate, NY by a landslide....And I live and work with mostly Trump supporters. Even have a few siblings who voted for him in 2016. As far as “This is why we vote” that’s pretty obvious now isn’t it?

I would say No, it is not "pretty obvious" since only about 45% of the electorate participates

Posted : August 12, 2020 12:32 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

No one, including a Democrat, would have acted differently in dealing w/the covid crisis

I would guess a Democrat would have acted differently, starting with more legislation and taxes.

Posted : August 12, 2020 12:34 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

This is why we vote.

I would say No, it is not "pretty obvious" since only about 45% of the electorate participates

I think it’s obvious we vote to actually decide an election...Regardless of how many people actually vote in said election. That is my point....

Posted : August 12, 2020 1:19 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

I would guess a Democrat would have acted differently, starting with more legislation and taxes.

We have a good example of what a Democrat might have done differently. The Democrat I’m referring to is Andrew Cuomo. As far as I can recall he hasn’t created any legislation or taxes as a response to Covid 19. At least not yet anyway....

Relying on experts, science, data, common sense and learning from his mistakes as the pandemic proceeded? Making difficult and unpopular decisions that may have cost him politically? These things he’s certainly guilty of.

To be fair, some Republican Governors have done the same. At least those not afraid of Trump anyway.

Posted : August 12, 2020 1:27 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

We have a good example of what a Democrat might have done differently. The Democrat I’m referring to is Andrew Cuomo..

Should he be investigated for the conditions that led to at least 6,400 COVID-linked deaths in retirement facilities, including what role a March 25 mandate from Cuomo’s Department of Health barring homes from turning away coronavirus-positive patients may have played?

He thinks not.

Posted : August 12, 2020 2:00 pm
DOVETAIL
(@dovetail)
Reputable Member

We have a good example of what a Democrat might have done differently. The Democrat I’m referring to is Andrew Cuomo..

Should he be investigated for the conditions that led to at least 6,400 COVID-linked deaths in retirement facilities, including what role a March 25 mandate from Cuomo’s Department of Health barring homes from turning away coronavirus-positive patients may have played?

He thinks not.

There's a home for you on FoxNews V....get on that and get off here would ya!?!?!

Posted : August 12, 2020 2:17 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

He thinks not.

There's a home for you on FoxNews V....get on that and get off here would ya!?!?!

And if you call CNN home, the difference?

Posted : August 12, 2020 2:20 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: