Tommy Bolin Band Live 9-19-1976 on vinyl

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stumbled across this while online. Looks like it came out earlier this year.

https://fridaymusic.com/products/tommy-bolin-live-9-19-76-translucent-red-vinyl-limited-edition#additional-details

One rare night in Albany, New York our guitar hero once again proved that he was a natural performer and a much loved guitarist of the classic rock era. With his amazing band featuring Mark Stein, Norma Jean Bell, Jimmy Haslip and brother Johnnie Bolin, Tommy Bolin championed hard rockin' renditions of his classics "Teaser" "You Told Me That You Loved Me" and "Post Toastee."

For the first time ever on super limited edition vinyl, Friday Music is pleased to announce The Tommy Bolin Band's "Live 9-19-76" Mastered impeccably by long time Tommy Bolin re-issue producer Joe Reagoso from the official Tommy Bolin Archives tapes, you will clearly see how Tommy influenced generations of musicians, and will continue to be an inspiration to all of his ever growing legion of followers.

For a very limited time, Friday Music will be pressing this on smokin' hot Translucent Red Vinyl, making this one of the more collectable and exciting hard rock revisits of the year.

SIDE 1
1. Teaser
2. People People
3. You Told Me That You Loved Me

SIDE 2
1. Shake The Devil
2. Drum Solo - John Bolin
3. Post Toastee

This topic was modified 11 months ago 2 times by jszfunk

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : May 24, 2023 11:23 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Was listening to quite a bit of vintage Bolin yesterday, he's been getting some RSD vinyl releases the last several years. Absolute great talent actually sited by Jeff Beck as being his inspiration to pursue jazz (Tommy's work with Billy Cobham and Alphonse Mouzon).

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : May 24, 2023 1:39 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Tommy with the James Gang. Joe Walsh is sorely missed but Tommy is real fine on electric guitar. Plays some slide on this too. 

Posted : May 25, 2023 10:35 pm
Share: