Spotify to create a new ABB album

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Buckeye
(@buckeye)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Signed up for Spotify last winter and really enjoy it.  We all wish we had a new ABB album, well there is a bunch of live shows on Spotify and I was able to create a 'new' album just of live covers by scanning through the different shows.  Now I have a have a new 2.5 hour ABB covers album.  Kind of cool.

Posted : July 25, 2021 10:24 am
to_taper and robslob reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

What is on it? That is a lot of covers. 

Here is a Moe cover of Liz Reed 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : July 25, 2021 9:06 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

Seems there are a lot of bands doing ABB covers these days. It's kinda nice that folks love the music so much they play it in their own shows or practice arrangements.

MOE is one Jam band that I think does a pretty good job for sure. There are others of course and we all have our own likes and dis likes for sure.

Speaking of Jam Bands, there is "The Jam Band Tribute to The Allmans Brothers," on CHM Records 2002 out there that's available. it's full of surprises. It's got a bunch of great tunes.

And not to be out done there is even a Bluegrass production out called "Picking on The Allman Brothers," that I really enjoy listening too.

There is even a Jazz Celebration called "BIG BAND of BROTHERS," New West Records 2019 that has Jack Pearson appearing on it. 

Either way you can't go wrong these days when it comes to Allman Brothers Music. I say put on a selection and sit back and enjoy!

Posted : July 26, 2021 10:30 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rcgp2020

Seems there are a lot of bands doing ABB covers these days. It's kinda nice that folks love the music so much they play it in their own shows or practice arrangements.

MOE is one Jam band that I think does a pretty good job for sure. There are others of course and we all have our own likes and dis likes for sure.

Speaking of Jam Bands, there is "The Jam Band Tribute to The Allmans Brothers," on CHM Records 2002 out there that's available. it's full of surprises. It's got a bunch of great tunes.

And not to be out done there is even a Bluegrass production out called "Picking on The Allman Brothers," that I really enjoy listening too.

There is even a Jazz Celebration called "BIG BAND of BROTHERS," New West Records 2019 that has Jack Pearson appearing on it. 

Either way you can't go wrong these days when it comes to Allman Brothers Music. I say put on a selection and sit back and enjoy!

🤙Couldn’t agree more, your last paragraph says it all - love the Big Band of Brothers CD - great re-imagining of Les Brers - I love the ABB

Posted : July 26, 2021 10:58 am
Share: