Brian Wilson: Surfer Girl, Mountain Winery, 6-18-15

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I had forgotten I shot 5 videos that night.  The vocals in this band are just......well........you be the judge.

Original Beach Boy Al Jardine (white suit), guitar/vocals.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 3 times by robslob

Posted : July 25, 2021 10:51 am
Rusty reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Here's another.  If you are interested in more go to youtube.com and do a search for Rob Orme Brian Wilson.

This post was modified 3 years ago by robslob

Posted : July 25, 2021 11:15 am
Rusty reacted
dzobo
(@dzobo)
Reputable Member

That is Al's son Matt on the far left in the grayish green shirt taking care of many of the high end vocals.  When it still occurred Matt would also tour with Al as part of a trio.  Al's vocals have weathered age and the rock lifestyle well, far better than Brian's has.  Got a chance to ask Al after a small club show how he maintained that vocal ability.  All he said was "my dad was a very good singer".

Posted : July 25, 2021 7:44 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@robslob I saw them about 1966 in Roanoke, Virginia apparently when Glen Campbell was in the band but I didn't know who he was then. Wow they had a string of recent hits to sing for the crowd. 

I was at the airport early next day and their plane with Beach Boys painted on it was still there. I remember it as all white with Beach Boys painted in blue but that could be wrong. 

Fun, fun, fun! 

Is this Carl singing lead in 1964? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : July 25, 2021 7:54 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@robertdee No, that's Mike Love singing lead on Fun, Fun, Fun

Posted : July 25, 2021 8:32 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@robslob Thanks. It's been 55 years since I saw the Beach Boys.  But I remember. They all wore the same clothes I think. 

Posted : July 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Share: